The Journey - anyone know anything about it?

Summerskye

Gold Member
Someone I know has been following a holistic self-help/self-awareness program for the past number of months called 'The Journey'.

I've done a bit of research and it seems to have been developed by an American woman and involves going into yourself and discovering more about who you are and how you relate to others around you. It also seems to have some link to healing too I think. She says that it's been a great help to her and plans to train as a Journey therapist so that she can pass on her knowledge to others in the future.

The reason I ask is that I'm a little concerned that she's become so deeply involved in this program - almost to the extent that she appears to focus far more on her personal 'Journey' than her family life these days.

Does anyone know anything more about it, or know of anyone else who has done this 'Journey' and what impact it may have had not only on their life but also those around them?

Someone I know has been following a holistic self-help/self-awareness program for the past number of months called 'The Journey'.

I've done a bit of research and it seems to have been developed by an American woman and involves going into yourself and discovering more about who you are and how you relate to others around you. It also seems to have some link to healing too I think. She says that it's been a great help to her and plans to train as a Journey therapist so that she can pass on her knowledge to others in the future.

The reason I ask is that I'm a little concerned that she's become so deeply involved in this program - almost to the extent that she appears to focus far more on her personal 'Journey' than her family life these days.

Does anyone know anything more about it, or know of anyone else who has done this 'Journey' and what impact it may have had not only on their life but also those around them?

Have heard of this Sharon. I'll get back to you when I've checked in with some peeps at work..xx

Not sure if this helps but is your friend just appearing that she is over consumed by this and it's affecting her personal /family life because it's new and shes still learning/fascinated by it?

I did hypnotherapy last year to deal with some issues and this became an awesome experience and I have managed most of my issues, currently I've moved state and looking for another one.

Maybe she might be interested in exploring this field as well.

One issue I've dealt with is I haven't jumped on the scales in 7months!

Bren
X

Hi Bren

That's possible of course as anything new is naturally exciting, especially if it leads to greater self-awareness.

The main issue is that since she's started this program she's begun spending more and more time away from her husband and children, apparently on various stages along her 'Journey'. Her husband knows very little about what she's doing (and who she's doing it with!) and worries that this program is more a kind of 'brain-washing' than something that is a bona fide self-help program.

Well done on avoiding the scales for 7 months by the way! I can't manage to not hop on for more than a day - even after having reached target some 18 months ago *lol*

Thanks darling. I would really appreciate any info you can find out :)

Hi hun :)

Just a bit more info for you. There is a free copy of a CD about The Journey in this month's Soul & Spirit magazine. Spotted it in Tesco tonight and thought of you :D

WEbsite address to incase you haven't got it..... www.thejourney.com

Back