The Journey Begins

ChilliEm

I thought I’d start a diary here.

I started at 28 stone 5lbs on the 9th April, following Slimming World (but not going to a group), I’m also counting calories via MFP.

So far it’s going really well. I’ve lost 2 st 5lbs, which I’m delighted with. I don’t see or feel any difference yet, but I feel much more positive, so that’s good😀

My next mini target is to lose 40lbs which is approximately 10% of my original weight. I’m really hoping to hit it by my birthday which is only 3 weigh-ins away.

I’ve decided to join a SW group on the 16th July. I’m really scared, but I think it will help me.

That’s an amazing loss 2st 5lbs! :D I think going to group will really help with ideas and keep the motivation going. I went to my first one last week and I was nervous, but everyone there is so friendly. In the end we all have the same reason to be there

Hello! Your loss is truly amazing and such a good basis to carry on. I'm looking forward to seeing you hit that goal and many more and I hope to catch up too! I've decided to do SW too, so many people are doing really well and still eating. It's been good reading some diaries on here.

X

Well done hun! 2lbs is great, but I know what you mean about wanting more! It all adds up x

Thanks Mary. I know its a lot, and i’d be happy to lose that every week really, I’m just being impatient!

Hey Chillem!

Well done !!!
We are weight loss Twinkie’s because I started just 5 days after you and have also lost 35 pounds - very similar
Also tracking on mfp, but I’m writing all mine in a book as well.

1200-cals
80g carbs
80+ G protein
30 min hiit cardio a day
Heavy weights for 40 min 3 times a week

Looking forward to losing weight with you xxx

Not fantastic news this week, although I did lose, which is the main thing.

2lbs off. I know thats ok, but I was hoping for a little bit more.

Onwards and upwards!

Our bodies hold, then ... whoosh!!!
Meaning if you eat exactly the same thing over a few weeks , your weight loss will vary because , when you lose fat your body panics, fills the fat cells with water , then when it relaxes a bit .... whoosh , you’ll owe it out and have a mega loss that week
My losses over 9!weeks of sand exercise and calories have been

That’s an amazing loss 2st 5lbs! :D I think going to group will really help with ideas and keep the motivation going. I went to my first one last week and I was nervous, but everyone there is so friendly. In the end we all have the same reason to be there

Same goal but I’m two stone behind you !!

Keep it up chilliem, and good luck at your New group in July xx

Thank you Binks and Green Eyed Monster!

Binks you are doing amazingly, to have lost that much, when you don’t have huge amounts to lose. I have to admit i dont monitor my carbs, or even know what G. protein is. Ive got so much to learn.

Green eyed monster, you’re so close now! You must be so proud of yourself 😀

Thank you Binks and Green Eyed Monster!

Binks you are doing amazingly, to have lost that much, when you don’t have huge amounts to lose. I have to admit i dont monitor my carbs, or even know what G. protein is. Ive got so much to learn.

Green eyed monster, you’re so close now! You must be so proud of yourself 😀

Thank you 🤭. Though I do think 8 1/2 stone is quite a lot to lose....
Carbs are worth counting as they make you more hungry
Protein ( I’ve just realised ) needs motoring do you burn your fat not muscle ( or your metabolic rate will go down )

In the last two days , by increasing my protein I have naturally reduced my carbs even more , tbh I’m struggling to eat 1400 cal per day and feel happier on 1200 - who’d have thought !!!!

81/2 is a lot to lose, you’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking really (or I checked the wrong persons stats)!

That’s incredible that by increasing protein and reducing carbs, you’re eating less. How fantastic!

Are you exercising in a gym or at home? Your regime sounds hard, but very structured, which is great. Due to my weight and fitness levels (or lack of...), all I’m doing so far is generally increasing my movement. It’s not much at all, I know.

Do you drink a lot of water? This is one of the things I find hardest but I’ve got in my head ‘The more you drink, the more you shrink’, and am trying to drink 6 glasses of water a day (small glasses). It’s probably nowhere near enough, but it’s start.

Hey you !
I have a 500ml bottle of water at work plus two half drunk coffeees and a 500ml smoothie . I don’t think it matters what the fluid is.
I could hardly walk upstairs before the diet/hrt combo. I also struggled getting into the shower over bath because the weight had such an effect on my back - just three stone loss has changed all that - I feel a lot thinner than I look ... because the loss has been so quick I feel like I’m walking on air.

I think your quite right to avoid surgery .. you can do this yourself and we can support each other ... we’ll be glad that we can still swallow food without choking in the future when we are thin!!

You might not yet feel able to do weight bearing exercise but what about starting in your upper body with hand weights?? What people don’t realise is that us chunky monkeys have muscles than normal weight due to carrying around all that weight!! But we carry it on our legs not arms so upper is a good place to start .
At 19 stone I started with short bike rides ( I’ve always ridden), but I def couldn’t walk , I did find a cross trainer much easier , if you could get a second hand one to use at home ??
I have one in garage to use in the winter when I don’t want to cycle ( all planned ahead for my self excuses !!)
Basically if you just push yourself half an hour a day to sweat then it’s mauntainabke. I started doing straight leg sit ups by wrapping a stretchy band around a table leg and holding on to it to take half my weight as I couldn’t do one... ten weeks later and I can nearly do 3 sets 15 hardly holding the band at all .
Speak over weekend x

We actually have a set of fairly small hand weights! I’m going to check what they are.. ok, theyre 1,2 and 3 kg, bought for my daughters birthday last may, because she wanted them, but hasn’t so much as looked at them since. Are they any good? What do I even do with them? I could definitely exercise my upper body, and I really want to. I wonder if there are any upper body workouts for complete beginners on youtube or anything?

You've made fantastic progress in 10 weeks. I’ve been doing this for pretty much the same amount of time, and hoped I’d feel different by now, but I don’t. Strangely I feel more energetic, and am definitely moving around a lot more, but I hurt more too. I’ve got a loooong way to go though

Thank you Dana. I’m glad it’s not just me that’s scared. How are you getting in with it?

We actually have a set of fairly small hand weights! I’m going to check what they are.. ok, theyre 1,2 and 3 kg, bought for my daughters birthday last may, because she wanted them, but hasn’t so much as looked at them since. Are they any good? What do I even do with them? I could definitely exercise my upper body, and I really want to. I wonder if there are any upper body workouts for complete beginners on youtube or anything?

You've made fantastic progress in 10 weeks. I’ve been doing this for pretty much the same amount of time, and hoped I’d feel different by now, but I don’t. Strangely I feel more energetic, and am definitely moving around a lot more, but I hurt more too. I’ve got a loooong way to go though

Thank you Dana. I’m glad it’s not just me that’s scared. How are you getting in with it?

Def look in you tube ... With hand weights do 3 sets of 15 on whatever weight means that you’re struggling to do the last few .

Raise and lower above head for shoulders
Hold your arms apart at the sides then bring together for under bust muscles

Bend at elbow for biceps

Lift elbows next to side of your head and straighten arms for triceps

Been doing mine ten weeks now and my friend noticed yesterday ( even though there is A LOT of flapping bingo wing!!

There’s a lady in work today I haven’t seen since easter and the first thing she said to me was “ where have you gone to!” I’m really pleased. When a skinny person loses half a stone everyone notices , but the heaviest you are , the more you need to lose before it’s noticeabke .
If you can get to 22 then I think there will be a big difference . There more you can move the quicker you will lose so try to push yourself if you can , even with left lifts . Whilst I’m watching the tv I try to hold my foot in the air to strengthen tummy 🤣🤣

What’s your bmi

And why 19 stone target ?

Ps you are doing fabulously , don’t let anything derail you now you’re in the zone xxxx

Back