The journey continues!

Hi! :)

Good to have you back again! ( if you know what i mean)
Yes i saw your face pop up in my email and thought oooh i recognise her!
I hope you win!
X

Heya lil and marge, lovely to see you both again :) it does feel good to be finding a way forward on this journey again. I'm just starting my third year at college now, training to be a priest, as well as working and being mum to my gorgeous (ok totally biased!) just-turned 4 year old. This is my last year, as I'll be ordained next summer. It's all feeling a bit busy!

I'd resorted to old, unhelpful eating habits again.... This journey is difficult! Anyway, back to one day at a time and learning to really care for myself too.

What are you guys up to?

Heya lil and marge, lovely to see you both again :) it does feel good to be finding a way forward on this journey again. I'm just starting my third year at college now, training to be a priest, as well as working and being mum to my gorgeous (ok totally biased!) just-turned 4 year old. This is my last year, as I'll be ordained next summer. It's all feeling a bit busy!

I'd resorted to old, unhelpful eating habits again.... This journey is difficult! Anyway, back to one day at a time and learning to really care for myself too.

What are you guys up to?

Hey
It happens to us all! Ive been messing around for a week or so. Just having a final push to get to goal.
I managed to get to goal originally before i had IVF which was successful and i now have an amazing baby boy called Jensen.
He is 8mths 1 week now. I gained 5 stone while pregnant and had already gained 1st 7 on holiday and celebrating not being on a diet anymore. Im currently at a loss of 5st 4lb so I'm getting there.

Im just gearing myself for returning to full time work on the 28th of this month but secretly hoping for a lottery win!

Hope you manage to find your feet again as you did so well last time around & were a great help and support to a lot of people.
X

Im still trying too Rachel :)
I keep losing the thread with it though. But I will keep trying :)

Oh wow Lil, that's fantastic news about Jensen, and also great work finding the motivation to lose the weight again. It sounds like you're doing amazingly well. I hope all goes well as you transition back to work, so many emotions, and things to process. I hope it all goes well.
And great to see you here Marge, and know that we're both still trying... we have to keep finding a way forward. I have to believe it's possible! (no matter how many times I wobble, I figure it's all part of the learning, we don't have to be perfect, but we do keep have to keep on trying...!
I'm feeling so much better in myself finding a way back onto the packs, but also nervous about how I find a way forward to food without going over the top again, and eating too much. Anyway, one day at a time, and feels so good to be here again amongst friends.
Anyway, all good fun... and now time for some sleep!

Another good day. I tried out the spaghetti bolognaise one, and thought it was pretty good. It feels nice to have a more 'food' like, warm pack for a change. (Quite relieved, as I'd bought the bumper pack of hot packs, on the off chance they were OK!)

I think I'm still in a bit of an argument with myself over whether this is a good choice of diet for me or not.

On the plus side, I don't seem to be allergic to anything in it, I have bags of energy, I feel great, and I'm losing weight...
On the down side I feel uncertain about the future with this, and how to find a way forwards with food and my relationship with feed that creates a sustainable long-term lifestyle....

Oh well, I'm sure I will continue pondering this!

How did you do the re-feed last time Rachel? Have you considered going onto SW or WW or something similar for a while so that you better understand portion size, what to eat, what not to eat and how what you can eat can be yummy? I say this as though I'm a maintainer, and I'm totally not. But it's my plan this time that's for sure. Don't want to be coming back to Exante or something similar every couple of years for the rest of my life!

Hey!
Nice to see another familiar face on here! I am also back here for some 'damage limitation' as the weight had started to creep back on over the past couple of years. This journey is not an easy one!!

Wishing you all the best if luck - you did amazingly the first time round and it sounds as though you are actively working towards an understanding of your relationship with food that will hopefully enable help you in the longer term.

Cookie xxx

I think one of the problems I have is that there are an awful lt of foods that I'm allergic to or intolerant to. The safest foods for me, without setting off my asthma are meat, fish, veg, dairy, cheese. When I go near the carbs (particularly the grains) my asthma starts to get worse, but I get massive cravings, particularly for chocolate, around totm.

While I'm currently working, and studying and looking after my 4 yr old daughter, I've been finding it hard to prioritise looking after myself and planning / eating properly. I think part of it is I have been really tired and feeling really stressed. However, reaching for foods that aren't great for me has I'm sure been making that situation worse. Over the summer, even when I was back on my 'safe' foods, my breathing was still worse, so exante is a bit like a detox for me, because I don't seem to be intolerant /react to it's ingredients. I'm trying to get an appointment with my gp (who I've worked with before on this) to create a plan to reintroduce wider foods systematically and find out if there are any new trigger foods for me.

Because I know I can build up a fear of food itself, I am mostly doing the solutions where I have packs plus a meal (but just using 2-3 raw ingredients, to monitor my breathing and spot any changes.

However you're right, I do need to make a plan for how to eventually move all the way back to food and maintain. I'm hoping the lady I'm seeing will help me with that!
But first I think I've got to deal with some issues of learning to accept myself, and manage my controlling / perfectionist streak!

Managed a 100% day today, which feels great (although sponsored by coke zero!) - even during a rubbish day at work! Looking forward to a weekend away with some friends, but planning to stay simple solution, which feels achievable.

Hope you're all having a good day

Hi Rachael. Sounds like you're coasting!

If coke zero keeps you on track, then that's what you have to do ;)

Have you won? Wow well done you :) xx

Congrats Rachel :D

Thanks everyone, yes, really excited that I won - going up to London next week and they will present me with a big cheque!

Having a lousy time at work... trying hard to stay focused, and remember that I feel so much better when I stay away from the carbs. I've done a few simple solution days, but trying to do a few more total solution now, as I know for me too many simple solution days can be the start of a slope back to just eating anything!

OK, here's to a total solution day today!

Sorry you're having a lousy time at work that's rubbish. But Yy for a bit fat cheque! How are you doing now a few days have passed? X

Life is just so busy at the moment, I'm not losing many pounds (but also not putting them on! hurrah :) )

Work nonsense continues... but need to find a way not to let the negative feelings there result in my eating stacks of comfort food.

I'm really excited, having won the Exante prize, and am going up to Manchester at the end of the month for a photoshoot.... trying to get focused and lose some more pounds before then!

I've also worked out it's now 33 weeks until my ordination, and 23 weeks until Easter... really hoping to have to got to a stable weight by Easter, to be able to buy my new clothes /vestments in a size that I will stay at!

All good fun :)

Maintaing is the hard part so well done!

Good luck with the shoot when it comes around! How exciting!!

Thanks Lil :)
As I'm feeling stressed / pressured, I think my old 'black/white' thinking is coming out again. I seem to be slipping into old bad habits far too easily, and thinking of 'good' days and 'bad' days again. I'm starting to see how destructive this thinking is again, and trying to spot as I get tired, and I start to kid myself!

The photoshoot is next week. I'm really excited about it, although also feeling a bit of a fraud, as I'm nowhere near target weight... but probably good for me to celebrate success so far, and stop fixating on 'end goal!'

All good fun :)

Good luck everyone else, hope you're having a good week

Back