The journey to a new me!

Mmmmm ja, the spur ice cream caramel peppermint crisp.... I'll swap that out tho for a particularily LARGE glass of wine. :gimi: I'll be back on plan Saturday. Promise.

My CDC just moaned at me for having wine... ja, ja,ja... I know..... I shouldnt be so honest with her.:whip:

I also lost 9cms in the last 2 weeks (havnt done my measurements for 2 weeks).... wondering if last weeks TTOTM had anything to do with my last week weight "gain" or if it was water (I've been taking water retention tabs the last 2 days ....)

I'm now re-motivated to tackle the 80's....

Good on you Sunflower! One days eating will not significantly hamper weight loss - plus you do so much walking !!!

What you both up to this weekend?

Got a old friend and her kids coming over for lunch tomorrow - we getting woolies roast chicken and I'm making a big toss green salad and will get bread/rolls for the others... and ice cream (my weakness) for pudding... Sunday is going to be a mooch day.

We are doing a 6mile walk Sunday. Quiz on Saturday night. And running around organising things for the purchase. :)

well one on that awesome loss Jillybeans, I would be over the moon with a big loss like that. Both your weekends sound awesome. Mine will be spent ripping out kitchen floors in prep for the new units being del this week, so nothing as nice as your weekends...lol. WI on Monday morning and dreading it with this TOTM of mine that is playing up. Have a lovely weekend ladies :)

Sunflowerlady, meant to also say that the food you made for your DH's birthday sounds devine!!

Jillybeans, hope you enjoyed the Spur and also your friends visit today! I love Spur ribs. Hmmmm

3 day after naughty week and I've lost 2.5kgs!!! Takes me to 19.6kgs on daily weighing scales!!! That's 3stones!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Now I can't wait for Wednesdays official WI! Yay! Hope I reach 3 stone then too!

Yipppeeeeeeee yay sunflower! Weird huh? Like my weird week last week.... I'm always weary when I've had a good loss that next week my bubble will burst! I had my friend over yesterday, and I ate chicken and salad but did have a few chips and then pudding! Trying to be good today!

Friday night at spur I had chicken schnitzel and veggies (and 2 glasses of wine that gave me one helluva hangover on Saturday morning!!!)

Just taken some flowers to my mom (no particular reason other than being my "ear" the last couple of days on dd trouble)... and my son bought a "scooter' thingie with his birthday money (6 months ago! LOL) so kids outside playing and I"m trying to catch up here (and email 0 which is not downloading???)

Hope you're both having a good weekend!

Secret wi tomorrow - eekk.. actually a bit nervous!

Well done on 2.5kgs Sunflower!!! I'm at 25kgs and feel good for it!

Hello ladies! Hope you both had lovely week ends. Mine was busy!

I lost 2lb at WI today. I am actually suprised I lost at all with the TOTM that has been all over the place. TOTM is still not finished and at this rate I fear it may never leave me :sigh:!!! However, the loss is good. To be honest, I expected to STS even thought I was 100% but I my body is notorious for retaining water during my TOTM. I am now 1lb off reaching 3 stone which I will reach next week for sure, so all good:). I can't believe I am entering week 11! Shew...have never stuck to any diet for 100% this long. Actually quite proud of myself for being able to be 100%!

Jillybeans your dinner at Spur sounds devine. Yum yum! But glad you are back on plan! Sunflowerlady, massive congrats on reaching the 3 stone loss mark! That is awesome!!

It's cold and rainy and I just cant get the shakes down me so doing soups today. How are you both doing today?

Hope you both have a lovely day! x

Sunflower.... I just re-read and I now "know" what you mean about the "magic number"! whooohooo! Now that is a HUGE milestone! Into these didgits.... I found that a huge motivator to be in the 90's.

I now want to get to the 80's and have 2.5kgs and I'm STS so far (too much spur goodness and a good weekend!)....had stir fry last night.... need to lose the last 2.5kgs to get to the next milestone to get my ooommp back!

I beleive its cold there again - after like a weekend of summer! LOL! We are having beautiful sunny warm days - mornings and evenings are nippy tho (8 degrees this morning).... next month I'm sure real WINTER will set in!

La La La La....(that's me closing my ears and not listening to what warm sunny weather you are having that the moment Jillybeans...lol:p)

So last night, I spend the entire night emptying out my cupboard and putting clothes on various piles. I made a pile for clothes that don't fit anymore (by far the biggest of all the piles!!), a pile for clothes that fit right now and another pile for clothes that will fit within the next stone. Some of the clothes that fit now I have not been able to wear since before I fell pregnant with my DS in 2007!! I filled two massive big black bags with clothes that don't fit me anymore!! Some of them still brand new, which I will put on Ebay to fund my new clothes fund...lol. I also can't believe I have shoes that fit me now that did not last year...hahaha...lol!

Have a nice day ladies! x

Last edited:
Well done PT! You are very brave! (I have a big black bag that I'm putting my 'fat clothes' into but have not yet managed to part with it!) You're so lucky to have eBay to sell clothes on - here, as you know, I just give it away!

Hows the kitchen sorting coming along? When are the cubboards being done?

LOL @ lalala... la la la..... ! I think I'm at about the size I was when I got married!

Do you ladies have loose skin? I do. My belly. I have a "apron" fold and its disgusting. Its folds at where my c'section scar is! Disgusting. I tuck it into my brooks!

Urgh...I also have loose skin and an apron from my 2 C-sections! Lol at tucking it into your brooks...I do the same:D. I dont think the apron will ever completely go away:eek: My consultant and I had a chat about loose skin at my last WI and she said that hers took about 3 months after she'd lost all her weight (5.5 stone in 5 months) to shrink back to 'almost' normal. She says that she now does some toning exercises every day to try and tone her skin. She is nearing 50 so not young anymore either. I think the younger you are the more easier your skin shrinks back. The kitchen is prepped for installation next week. The units and appliances are being delivered on Friday this week. Saturday I will be cooking up a SS+ storm to be able to freeze my food for the next 10 days or so. I cant believe it's over 5 weeks before I go abroad! So hoping to lose 1 more stone before then, which will take me to the lowest weight I have been since about 2005! Jillybeans, I weighed about 3 stone more on my wedding day than I do now :)

Do you ladies use anything specific for stretch marks? I have bought some Bio-Oil and will use it pretty soon. Lucky enough not to have very noticeable stretch marks and have very light/thin white marks but still, don't like 'em and hope the Bio-oil helps! Also wanted to know if any of you have tried the Physillium Husk that everyone on CD talks about that helps with constipation? The CD fibre is OK but I dont feel like its doing much to help me so my consultant said to try the Physillium Husk. Do you know if its any good?

I used bio-oil all through my twin pregnancy and still have those fine grey/white stretchmarks - they are below my belly button and I notice them more now that I've lost weight. I have some pilates excercises to do for my tummy - but I'm just so LAZY! I know if I put some effort it - my apron fold would be better. When they do a c'section they cut the muscles, so I know I'll never have a toned and flat stomach - but I'd like like less.... fold !!! My stomach looks ok when I have my brooks on, but when they come off I have this very noticable 'apron fold' and its very offputting!

I drink green tea to help me along...:whistle::sick0019::sick0019: as the husk stuff just makes my shake glue and I struggle to drink it then!! I've tried the ungelatine ones too but just dont like the stuff.... (last week I ate over a weekend a bag of prunes and even that didnt do anything for me!)

I'm still living off the stir fry I made on Thursday last week as I made what I thought was enough for 3 meals, but there's still plenty!

How long will it take for your kitchen to be done? Pity it cant be done whilst you're away?

my consultant lost 35kgs in 3.5 months and has "wing bat" arms and its very offputting. But I saw a operation on The Fat Doctor where they cut this skin off and it looked worse than having bat arms!

Sunflower - whats the magic number today?

PT, you've never said what your weight is? You have no stats either.... PM me if you're too shy!:rolleyes:

Lol, I'm not shy. Thought I put it on here, but maybe it was on another thread? I started out at 16.10 (107kg) and am now down to 13.11 (87.5kg). I'm 1.60m (5'3) so dont have much space to carry the weight. I am hoping to be 79kg by the time we go on holiday (or every close) and then hoping to be 69kg by the time we go to France the middle of Aug!

The kitchen installer says a week (maybe 10 days). Then the tiller needs to come in and do the tiling and thereafter my hubby will lay the wooden flooring so I would say about 3 weeks in total once they start. I know, also wished they could do it while I was away but they only had this spot open (due to a cancellation) else we would have had to wait until September....and I'm impatient, it had to be done now:p

Im definately going to give the Bio oil a shot then. Hopefully it helps. I wish we got that tea you get in SA, think its called Blackforest tea. That stuff was vile to drink but great for making tummy's go. I am going to try green tea now. Am willing to try anything now. I'm like you Jillybeans....hate any form of exercise. Have always and will always. I know its good for you, but I'm just too lazy...lol. My consultant told me to do salad leaves this week as veg to try and see if that might give me a bit more 'rougage' so will give it a go, but can't next week. I decided to de frost my fridge on the weekend outside whilst hubby was ripping out the kitchen floor and went outside to scrape away the ice in the freezer compartment and hubby wanted to help and typical male...went there with a bloody chissle and damaged the gas pipe. So fridge went to the dump and getting a new build in fridge with the kitchen so refuse to go buy new one so went to the shop and bought wine cooler (like mini fridge) but small. So, it has to do for 2 weeks! No space for fresh veggies so will have to buy every 2nd day!

Sunflowerlady, how are you doing? Feels like Jillybeans & I are hijacking your thread. Hope you had a good day! x

LOL - yes sunflower, where are you - we're just merrily chatting on your thread here!:confused:

I think I'm pretty sick now of stir fry chicken - night 3 of it. :mad:

OK, so we're all within a couple kg's of each other which is nice. I'm just under 6ft tall so managed to "get away" with being overweight LOL! I think you can manage your next goal for 79kgs... smal chunks.

Rooibos tea. I never knew it helped move things along - Its FAR nicer than green tea (which I drink - grudgingly)... may give it a go then.

OH #(#*$&* to dh and a chissel near your fridge! But nice to a new one! I ate salad last week with my dinner instead of veggies and it seemed to help... this week I've been eating that darned stir fry and I havnt lost anything so far since Friday. It seems to go like a wave - one big loss then nothing.....

I have a wedding in June to go to - I need to buy a new outfit. I'm excited and nervous! I dont "do" dress up so to me a new outfit is a bit of a waste of $$$ ... I could probably dig in my cubboard and find something to wear..... I also have to buy the kids something a bit formal!

Sunflower, what was your sneaky WI this morning?

Hey ladies! Sorry I don't come I to the forum at work often.

My WI this morning was 94.4 :)

And PT I use the Cambridge fibre. I also take a stool softener once a day and if I really struggle I take a movicol to help.

My next goal is 89.9 :)

And I don't mind you ladies taking over the thread, it's nice to read when I get home from work!

94.4!!!! You are catching up and FAST!!!! Hells Bells!!! ( I was about to have a sneaky chocolate but now I'd better not!):p

So I was 94.1 this morning so hoping to be 95.5 for today's WI after work. If I am, I will have lost 3.3kgs in 6 days! :) that's just as good as my first week on CWP!

Going camping this weekend in Southend on sea, so planning to do another walk or something to help burn more calories :)

Good luck with the kitchen refurb PT. must be hard knowing you don't have a whole room in the house available for use!

Going to the solicitors today to sign the exchange contract! Yay!

WOW!! Sunflowerlady that is a brilliant loss!! Fingers crossed for tonight's WI!! What is Movicol? Do you get it only as prescription and is it similiar to the likes of Senokot and Dulcolax? Is it really good?

Oooh, exciting stuff signing for your new house! Tell us more about it. Is it a new build or an older house?

I have an older house. When we moved in, the people that lived there before us did not even have a floor down in the main bedroom and the rooms were painted in the most horrid lavender and mauve pinks you can think of! They had carpets down in the bathroom you can think with water on carpet the mold and yukkiness that develops!! We moved in during one June and hubby and I spent that entire summer scrubbing, cutting back plants, laying new wooden floors from top to bottom and re painting the whole house. Over the years we have now basically replaced nearly everything in the house since we moved in, the kitchen being one of the last things we are doing. It's been hard work at times, but very rewarding at the same time. Each time we do somthing to the house, we first have to fix up the botch ups the previous guy did (they did everyting half as*ed!!) before we can carry on with the renovations we need to do. But alas, nearly 7 years on and the house has no resemblance now to the one we bought off them :).

Your camping trip sounds nice. Do you do proper hard core camping or glamping as they call it? :p

Back