The journey to a new me!

I am officially (as of this mornings secret WI) 1.5kgs off from the 80's!!!!!:clap:

I NEED to get a size 16 jeans - TODAY - all my jeans are hanging off me.:massmoon: Every time I stand up I have to pull them up.

I'm going to try the hake in foil and veggies next week.

One of my good friends came over last night with a bottle of wine - need I say more?:doh::doh: (I had a bar for dinner instead of food too)

Glad the kitchen is almost done!!!!!!!!!!!! Its sooooooo nice to have a new kitchen and appliances!!!! whoohooo!

Meant to agree with you about the week BEFORE TTOM - thats when I tend to pick up weight/water/whatever!!!!!

:woohoo:on being only 1.5kg off the 80's!!!! That's fabulous!!!:wee: Lol at the wine last night!! I have a pair of jeans on today that I rescued from the clothes I was going to dump before I started CD and when I fitted it, it fitted just fine, 2 weeks down the lane and it's falling off me now:)! I had a fight with the kitchen installer and the company that we bought the kitchen from last night! The whole kitchen looks fab, except for a huge gap left underneath the built in dishwasher. The fitter is trying to tell us it needs to be there else the dishwasher door wont close which is rubbish! We fitted a large piece of wood underneath it last night and it still has clearance for the door to close! Hubby is a precision engineer so knows about these things and is very particular to things being done right and rightly so cause the new kitchen is not cheap and if you pay for somehting you want it to be right. Told he company that we bought the kithcen through that I refuse to sign off the kitchen until the fitter has fixed that bloody gap! Fitter got annoyed on the phone last night and said he would bring the piece of wood and my hubby can fix it. I was furious, told him no ways, he is being paid for it and he will bloody fix it!! Grrr!!!! Anycase, so now waiting for some new parts to be delivered to my house today (hopefully) then the fitter will come back and finish off. If the parts dont come today, I have to take the day off work tomorrow and go wait for the parts to arrive as they can only tell you to expect it between 8am and 6pm. I mean....WTF??? Anycase, rant over....lol.

Today I had the maple and peacan porridge for breakfast and I had to force every spoonful down:yuk:. Think I will stick to Apple and Cinnemon from now on. What bar flavours do you get over there?

xx

Why does every job always require a argument! Surely they realise you dont want a gap under your dishwasher? Do not sign off until you are 100% happy everything is as you want it. They make a FORTUNE off you and if you're not happy, then its their job to ensure you're a happy customer. I hope it gets resolved and you dont have to take a days leave to wait for parts!

Its always handy to find the old clothes, that you thought you'd never fit into, and suddenly they fit. Its a bit like Christmas morning!

Eish, I cant drink wine anymore. I woke up with a thirst! And we didnt even finish the bottle!!!

I actually have some AMWAY products/bars, and I compared the ingredients to the CD bars and the Amway ones are more or less the same carb/fat content - some are a bit more and some a bit less. Last night I had some caramel bar which wasnt great - but I had it none the less (maybe that will balance out after consuming the wine?!) I actually prefer a shake to any other CD product.

I'm starting to wonder, how and what I'd eat when I'm on 3 MEALS a day. I'm not a breakfast eater and cant eat early in the morning, so maybe I'd need to have cerial at the office (or a yoghurt and fruit?) and salad for lunch (or soup) and then a small dinner..... I'm a horrible inbetween-meal-snacker!! I've been having avo in my salads too... i'm craving fruit also! I just want to bite into a apple ! I have a pineapple at home that I need to but up for the kids tonight - my mouth is drooling just thinking of it!

OK, so now I'm confused about sizing.

I always thought a 40/18 and 38/16 - it appears that I'm wrong. According to Woolworths, a 40/16 and a 38/14! Which means I'm currently wearing size 16(/40) jeans.

I tried on 5 pairs of 38/14 but I'm not ready for that transition yet! LOL! They fit, but were a bit tight. Never bought anything. Refuse to buy another 40. So I'm really confused about sizing.

I got this off the Woolworths site : if I take my current measurements - I'm a 14/16 top and bottom! WTF? Those size 14 jeans were too snug for my liking.

SIZEBUST
(cm)
WAIST
(cm)
HIP
(cm)

That's right. A 40 is a 16 and a 38 is a 14. But it's fabulous that you are in a 14/16 top already!!! But if the size 14 jeans fit (even though a bit snug) then that means you are not far off fitting into them comfortably and that is a massive achievement!!! Can you imagine the exstatic feeling the day you can wear those size 14 jeans!!! I am still fffffaaaaaarrrr off a 14...lol! I'm in 18 jeans and a 16 top but the size 18 jeans are getting loose. Hopefully not long and then I'm into a 16 jean! Being shorter is always a disadvantage. I seem to always take a larger bottom that top and tend to be 'chunkier' at the bottom than top:sigh:. I am pretty sure that even when I reach goal I wont fit in anything smaller than a 14 (maybe 12 if I am lucky) trousers. Even at my slimmest in my matric year I only wore a 12 and I was pretty slim (the good old days....lol)

But clothes differ so much from shop to shop these days it's unreal! Lately it's more what fits nice and looks good on a person than the actual size, if you know what I mean...lol.

Dont know whats wrong with me the last few days, am so cold! The weather here is decent for a change but I'm cold all the time. Wonder if it's Ketosis that causes it?

Wonder how Sunflowerlady is getting along?

What's on the menu for lunch today....anything exciting...lol! :p

I'm also cold! Well coldER than I normally feel - just bought some new slippers today too! LOL!

Ok... so I've been in a size 16 pant for a while now and didnt even realise! :D Most of my tops are a 16 and I dont think that that will really change - even tho I've lost this weight, my tops all still fit nicely - in fact come summer, they will be perfect.

I was rather shocked to realise I was shopping for a size 14 jeans! :eek: LOL (in a good way) - I never bought any tho and in hindsight, I should've! I'm really tall - so have the opposite problem to you and find most jeans/trousers are not LONG enough for me. Anyway, a good eye opening shopping trip in the end even though I only bought slippers (and tights)!

2 of the pairs jeans I tried on were "skinny jeans"! LOL - looked revolting on me in a 14, but possibly would've been better in a 16 (but I didnt even try!) Every shop and every item is cut differently so we all really need to try clothes on first!

Had choc mint shake for b'fast, and have vanilla now for lunch - and will have a omelette for dinner with mushrooms. Do you know when/if we are allowed cheese?

Thinking of you Sunflower!!!

I think cheese only comes on step 4 or 5. Could be wrong but think that's what I read. Skinny jeans & I will never be friends...lol. My legs are just too chunky for them. No matter what size...lol. My mom on the other hand, has very thin legs and skinny's look fab on her. Shows how different we all are.

I love slippers and live in slipper socks and sliplets! I wear my sliplets all the time in the house! They are so comfy! I have noticed that even my shoes feel looser...don't laugh...lol. My mom bought me the most gorgeous Hollister 'bling' sandals when she was in SA! Can't wait to wear them this summer. I'm a realy girly girl. I like pink things and lots of glittery shiny things like diamonte decorations on my sandals etc. I am not a dressy/flashy person and dress for comfort but wonder if that might slightly change when I'm at goal? Wonder if I will be braver and maybe wear things I havent before? Do you find that you are trying on new things you would not have considered before?

I had porridge for breakfast and banana shake for lunch. Dinner will be mushroom soup, quorn mince and fresh baby leaf spinach.

So annoyed right now! Have just heard from the couriers that's meant to bring the rest of my kitchen units today and they haven't even loaded it on yet nevermind it being delivered today!! Now they say it will be dispatched tonight and will be delivered tomorrow! Luckilly my mom changed her plans so that she can be at my house tomorrow (she is there today as well!). So frustrating! But on the brighter side my mom will stay the night and we love having her over! My little one is going to be so excited when I tell him tonight. Can already see that I'm losing my bed tongight to the two of them and I'll get his bed...lol. x

Yes! I'm finding I'm being more daring with what I wear as I feel sexier? Make sense? I am now wearing my costume jewelry and also finding my shoes are loose! LOL!

Thank goodness for family living nearby huh!?!?!

Didnt want to read and go and so will reply a bit later as leaving the office now! (going to look up cheese in my book tonight!)

Ok...Im officially OFF Quorn mince:yuk:!!! Had it for the last few nights which was Ok as I had pre-cooked it and froze it before the kitchen got ripped out but last night I had ran out of pre cooked meals and decided to cook some in the microwave....not a good idea! I think it's safe to say I'm having scrambled egg tonight! Im definately going to have some braaied chicken on the weekend. Craving that smokey-ness!

I know what you mean wrt feeling sexier, though in my head I still feel that I should not be feeling like it as I still have 2.5 stone to lose. Strange how sometimes its difficult for us to compliment/praise ourselves...if that makes sense? I suddenly realised that I'd also better get out to a lingerie shop sometime soon and go and buy some suitable lingerie to take with on holiday. Dont really own any at the moment and it is hubby's 40th and I suppose I'd better dress for the occassion....lol:bananalove:

My eldest go on his work experience trip to France on Wednesday so I have to go shopping for him for a few clothing bits on the weekend. Luckilly he is not that fussy (fussy enough...lol) so might just get myself that size 16 trousers and hopefully they are not too far off fitting! Also need new bra's! Geez this losing weight game is a bit expensive....lol :p

xx

OH YES YES YES to your lingerie shopping!!! I say GO FOR IT! :candledinner:

I agree on your comment about self praise. I still feel fat at times, and other times I feel like a supermodel!~!! ! ! I was in the changeroom yesterday trying on the jeans, and all those mirrors, and I looked at my bum and top of legs (my most hates part) and I thought I CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE! I could see a visible difference in my body shape! And...........the sad part is that I'm actually COMFORTABLE at my current size, even tho I have another 2st to lose. Does that make sense? From my fattest when I started, till now - having lost 25kgs, its made "enough" of a impact on my life, for me to feel comfortable with.

My good friend who came over 2 nights ago (with the red wine) said to me "do you feel good about your body?" and I said yes I do (compared to how I was 25kgs ago)... and she said well then be happy with how far you've come and enjoy your new shape.

My kids hug me now and say "mom you're so thin" .... makes me smile as I know they just want me to join society again! LOL!

I'm babbling now... but the point I wanted to make is - although I'm still far off from being skinny (something there's a STRONG possibility I wont be ever again) - I'm still happy with how I look now. Ideally I'd like to lose that other 2st (or even 1st) but if I never get there - thats also OK. :rolleyes:

Chicken on the braai - mmmmm..... You cooked meat in the microwave! YUK! LOL! yeah, that would put me off for life! I was going to have a omelette but got lazy and had bought a veggie thick soup from Woolies, so I had that (with chilli sauce!) for dinner. Probably not the most diet friendly, veggie filled soup - but was DEVINE.

Scale thought so too this morning..............FFS ... how can you pick up 1.4kg OVERNIGHT!?!?! Is it the wine from 2 nights ago? kak.

Hmmm...your Woolies veggie soup does sound devine!! I so love veggies:heartpump:

I wish I could feel like you do about your current size, but I'm just not there yet :sigh:. I think I might start to feel 'comfortable in my own skin' by the time I reach the 5th stone off mark (hopefully before my holiday to France in middle August). But in all honesty, I need to lose 6 stone in total to get my BMI classed as healthy. I definnately wont be gaining this much weight again when I'm at goal. I'm not saying I'll never gain weight, cause that would be a total lie. We all gain some weight here and there, but I'm never gonna allow myself to gain 6 stone again! If it takes me getting on the scales every day for the rest of my life to make sure I stay on track, then so be it. One I have reached my 6 stone mark I have decided to join our local Slimming World club and lose 1 more stone and then maintain. It doesnt matter how long it takes me to lose the stone with SW as I would have reached my goal weight with CD before hand, but at least that wat I'm sure to keep an eye on what I'm eating and help with portion sizes. I think that was my big problem. I just had too much of everything...lol :ashamed0005:

Maybe your weight gain is some water retention due to the sodium in the wine and soup? Hopefully it will be gone for your WI tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Did you manage to look up when you can have cheese again? I see some other ladies talk about mixing their shakes with 0% fat plain yoghurt! I think that is from step 2 onwards. That actually sounds very nice and when I (oneday.....someday!!) reach step 2, think I might give it a go:)

Today is choc mint shake for lunch. My most favourite flav shake! xx

OOOOOooppsss........................."death by chocolate"...........:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

OK, so today was official WI - lost the 2kgs I picked up last week - so I'm back to where I was about 4 weeks ago? I've been "hovvering" around this mark for a MONTH!??!

Morning Jillybeans! Lol at death by chocolate...what happened? But well done for losing those 2kgs. Maybe contentment has set in? Maybe that's why you are hovering? You need to find your mojo and kick these last couple of kgs under the butt so you can reach the 80's!! My TOTM has graced me with her presence, about 5 days early...urghh! So not sure what WI will be on Monday due to TOTM. I am feeling so tired today, think the kitchen thing has taken its toll on me. xx

Where are you Jillybeans? How was your weekend? I went shopping with my mom on Saturday and had to walk through the food court a few times and the smells of KFC and all the other foods was harsh! Luckilly I had a peanut crunch bar and that kept me on the straight and narrow...lol. Is it just me or is it flippen hard to drink water when out shopping...lol. Think I spent more time in the toilets that the shops:p. I have WI a bit later today and hoping for a 2lb loss at least due to TOTM, fingers crossed! I also found yesterday hard as I bought a lovely roasted rotisserie chicken from the shops with flavoured rice and lots of yummy veggies for hubby and the kids. It smelt devine! Sometimes this diet is manageable and other times it's so hard! Hope you had a good weekend!

Sunflowerlady hope you will be back with us soon! We miss you...

I'm here.. hanging on... barely. This weekends food consumption was not great! I went to a GF for lunch on Saturday she she had a whole bunch of cheeses and biscuits!! I had to (of course) eat them...I'm also having the most incredicle peanut butter addiction!!! Never in my life have I had these cravings for peanut butter! I went out shopping with my friend who is getting married yesterday and she treated us to lunch, but I had a quiche and salad so not overly bad... more or less... so so...... sigh. God its hard!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on the straight and narrow this week - as on Saturday night is the bachelorette party and ALL GOES OUT THE WINDOW for the night!!!!!!!!!! :thankyouthankyou::wee:

Winter arrived yesterday afternoon - so coffee is my best friend.

So very proud of you for defying the law of everything, and not eating all that lush food you've been around this weekend! I LOVE KFC even tho is possibly THE worst food item of all time!

Tonight the kids are having pork sausages with mash and veggies - and I'm making a salad (with a pork sausage for flavour).... I have so many avo's that are ripe now too! (I know avo's are probably not the best but I cant let them go vrot!)

Water.........ahhh water.................yes, on the weekend and when out and about its difficult!

Just back from WI and have lost 3.5lb!:) Really did not expect it as TOTM but really happy!:party0049:. 4.5lb to go and then I have reached my 4th stone off...YAY!!

Ooh, the batchelorette party sounds great fun!! Lol at the avo's. Def not on plan but much better than pizza or other crap. The man tiling my kitchen today has very kindly informed me that he will be working late and staying until its done....so ready meals for hubby and my little one again tonight:sigh:! My eldest is off tomorrow for 2 weeks to Paris for his work experience, so I'll just be cooking for hubby and my little one. My eldest is very slim but going through a growth spurt or something cause gosh knows he is eating me out of the house! How he stays so slim (doesn't do sports), but does walk a lot, is beyond me - but still - the amount of foods he eats and the times he eats it (sometimes close to midnight) is just ridiculous! Wish I had a fast metabolism like that.

Do you get the programme Man vs Food on tele in SA? It's just sickening the food that man eats. It you have never seen it, google it. You will be gobsmacked at the things that man stuffs down his throat...lol! I used to be able to watch it but now since being on CD, I cant bare to watch more than a couple of mins before my stomach turns! x

How are you doing this week Jillybeans? x

Not good PT - Its so cold, and I'm so hungry, and this diet is so not going well this week (or last).... I'm slipping. I want to eat warm food, so had chicken ala king with the kids last night (without the rice).... sigh...............I'm in a slump. This is also (July) my last month on the diet as financially, its draining me and something has to "give"..... so its the diet shakes. I'm going to try without the shakes, I've just ordered my last supply and then I'll take it from there.... x

WELL DONE on your loss last week!!!!!!! You really are doing so well! Inspiration!!

Back