The journey to a new me!

Hi ladies! Yes, Jillybeans catching a flight first thing tomorrow morning. Flight not too bad, just 4 hours :) Packed last night and as usual it looks like I've packed for 4 weeks, not 1...lol. Hubby just shakes his head...hahaha. Was the most amazing feeling to pack clothes that actually fit me and that I would like to wear! My mom bought me two stunning summer Sun dresses in a 16 and they both fit beautifully! I am having a pedicure this morning and then back to the house to clean and do washing. I also reached the 70's on my scale this morning!! Soo happy! It's going to feel nice getting on the plane and not worrying whether I will fit in the seat or if the seatbelt will close!! We have free wi-fi in certain spots in the hotel, so will try and check in with you during tge week when I can. Have a lovely break with your kids next week Jillybeans. Sunflowerlady, stay strong this week, you are so close to the 80's!! xx

Well I went to a BBQ this weekend, the weather was perfect for it. Wasn't good at all but have decided that this week will be an SS week. That will hopefully help me jump start the losses back into gear.

Have a lovely holiday PT! X

Where are you both?

Is Pink Tulip back from Holiday?

Sunflower?

I was on leave last week and diet went out the window - surprised I didnt pick up more weight but only picked up 400g. Back on track again and I'd really like to get into the 80's before I start thinking of settling!

Helllooooo!!

I am back from holiday and we had a fabulous time!! The weather was awesome, 31-35 every day :D. So my holiday trip started off eventful with hubby forgetting to pack my CD packs which I left on the table for him to pack with the last few holiday bits. I ended up having no packs on holiday and ate normally. I was careful what I ate and had no junk but still had fabulous Spanish foods! I only have WI next Tue evening (consultant can now only see me on a Tue eve) but had a weigh on my scales this morning and the scales show a 3lb gain. I am totally surprised!! Thought I would have gained MUCH more than that!! Back on SS+ and have been 100% since starting yesterday again. We are going out to dinner for my son's birthday this evening with family but I will have an SS+ type meal. Sunday evening I am going out with my mom and a bunch of our friends and we are going to an Opera dinner. It's at an Italian restaurant and it's a set menu. Hmmm...not sure how I am going to gewt along that evening, but will do my best. My next target is to lose 1 stone 3lb by the middle of Aug when we go to France. Fingers crossed!

I missed you ladies!!! How are you all doing? How's the house Sunflowerlady? Jillybeans how was the wedding?

xx

Hellloo PT and welcome home! Wow to your 3lb gain! Thats not bad at all and just shows, that with some thought, and careful planning, maintaining is possible! I'm glad you had such a good holiday and weather was good!!! Thats awsome!

Wedding was FABULOUS and I got so many compliments! Felt good (I wore Spanx) LOL! My kids had never been to a wedding and I struggled to get them off the dance floor when it was time to go! LOL! Was nice to be out - in a dress nogall - and be all grown up!

Sunflower??

So glad you had a good time at the wedding!! Last night's dinner out for my son's birthday was not as easy as I thought. Was a buffet type restaurant and there were very little Cambridge friendly foods on the list! I had what I could but just ate much less than I would have. Oh well!

I have been thinking of swapping from Cambridge to Slim and Save? Have you heard of it. It's just like Cambridge but about 30% cheaper and they have much more variety and also have a section on Minimins. I am really not happy with having WI on a Tue evening and if paying this amount of money, should be happy with the time of day I can be seen. Also, my hair has been falling out in unbelieveable amounts (a side effect of Cambridge I believe). My hair is noticeably thinner and even falls out when I'm just sitting at my desk. My hubby has said he wants me to stop the diet but I still want to lose 3 stone. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow evening to see what he says. Can not imagine that he will advise me to stay on plan. Only thing is that Slim & Save is also a ketosis diet so swapping over to there wont help the hair loss situation. Hoping the doc can give me something to stop the hair loss whilst I carry on losing the last 3 stone. Never a dull moment....LOL

Otherwise all good here. Worrying a bit about how I will cope on Sunday night at the Italian dinner, but I suppose nothing I can do about it!

Have you been on any more dates Jillybean? Sunflowerlady...where are you?? xx

I'm also losing hair like something chronic! When I wash it in the morning I always have handfuls of hair and I'm finding my hair all over the place! I know its a 'side affect' and cant say I'm happy about it ! LOL - I cant imagine your Dr being "happy" you're on this diet. I've seen the slim and save on here actually.... have you considered Slimmingworld? I know you're probably worried about integrating FOOD back into your life - but it is a inevitable task. My consultant phoned me on Monday to ask if I'd consider being a consultant. She said business is booming! Thing is - I actually work a full day job already and not sure how I could fit being a consultant into my lifestyle (also being a single parent)! To become a consultant I'd also have to pay a joining fee of R2500 and go on a course.... what I may consider is just discussing with her a finders fee - so IF I send someone to her, she gives me a percentage of that persons purchases?

PT, I found that once I started eating, I found it VERY difficult to get back onplan! I'd say, when eating out - a) stick to high protein/low carbs and substitute where you can, for veg/salad...??

I went out to my friend (the bride) for dinner last Friday and she made pasta! Told her it was the first time in 6 months I'd eaten pasta! OMG IT WAS DELISH! LOL!!! So when you're at Italian, just watch the types of sauces.... and also ONE meal wont do much, if any, harm. Be kinder on yourself.

I too would LOVE to lose another 3stone (ideally) - but have lost my mojo and am kinda "happy" for now, where I"m at - which is still overweight, and not an ideal BMI, but its alot better than I was 25kgs ago!!!!

I went on another date last weekend!! He was lovely (but a bit too old for me - 18years older), but I just didnt feel attracted to him. He's made an attempt to contact me and I've kept it kind and polite, but really he's not my cuppa tea. Pity, as I really could've done with the lifestyle he lives! LOL!

I hate dating. I hate the first date - but I feel so much better about myself and my body (even though I've got a while to go, the men I meet say I dont look overweight!).... lets see.....I'm not desperate, but I would like someone in my life.

Kids go back to school on Monday after 3 weeks holidays. Gonna be a difficult one getting up early again!

Sunflower??????

Hang in there Jillybeans, the right man will come along soon enough! Great compliments that you dont look overweight :) I always tease my hubby and say I married him for love, but if I had to get married again, it would be for money...lol...a rich sugar daddy that has one foot in the grave...hahaha! No, seriously thoug, I can totally relate to wanting someone in your life. Well, went to doc and I have to go for a series of blood tests in 3 weeks time...grrr. He suspects something called Telegen Efflium (spelling?) but badicalky you lose your hair due to a trauma/shock the body has experienced, ie in my case losing weight so fast. But first he wabts to rule out other medical causes such as Thyroid problems, anemia etc. Hence the blood tests. If it is TE, then the good news is that it will correct itsekf in 3-6 months and I won't go bald in that time...lol, but my hair will continue to fall out and thin until the growth phase starts again. Nice doc, he was full of praise for the weight loss and did not knock CWP. He fully agrees with me that I should lose 3 more stone, but the tests need to come first, so Slimming world until then.

Pls excuse spelling errors in last post as posting from my phone. Jillybeans, I had some rice paella dishes on holiday and pasta and loved it too! Good news is I have lost the weight gained on holiday and back to where I was before I left. Just hope following SW will also give me good results. xx

Hi ladies, sorry for not being around, have been busy trying to get rooms in the house done,

Have been bad on the Der etc and true to get back in track, but nothing seems to work so had laid down the gauntlet with myself and said I will do SS for a full month and hopefully that will get me to below 90. Should also get me to 4stone lost which I would be happy with for now.

I too have been having my hair fall out but luckily I have a thick head of hair so it is not all that visible. PT your doc sounds very nice. Most other docs might have moaned so you seem to have a good one there!

Jillybeans glad you had a good time at the wedding, it is always good to have a nice time and to get great comments!

So day one back on SS and doing well. The weather is massively hot and I just got on a train and have discovered I lost my water bottle! Oops!

Hello Sunflowerlady! Nice that you are back :)

Well done on being back to SS! I have bitten the bullet and switched to Slim 'n Save. I just needed the variety. I have lost the weight gained on holiday and back to where I was pre holiday, i.e the 70's. Got my supply of SnS today and must say the taste of the packs are so much more tastier. (Jillybeans...the have a white wine water flavouring....lol) The online weight tracker and meal planner is absolutely fantastic. Still a ketogenic diet and very similiar to CWP but just with way more variety. Love the fact that I can have salt with my food and also a can of coke zero and zero noodles/rice with my meal. So today was day 1 on SnS and so far so good. Not felt hungry and had my water intake. Have a headache from hell but I know it's normal. Hoping to stay on SnS until my holiday mid Aug.

Sunflowerlady, you should have a lovely big loss this week :)

xx

What is the difference cost wise SnS vs cwp?

Yes day one done and dusted. Hope to be on SS for a month and then be in the 80s and be happy. :)

SnS is much cheaper. It works out to about £104.00 (including next day courier delivery) for a 28 day supply. You dont have a consultant to go see so weigh yourself at home. In my order I got a started pack which explained everything, a measuring tape and a shaker that the shakes can be mixed in. The online support on their forums I am finding to be fantastic. I found slim noodles and slim rice at Holland & Barratt and really looking forward to trying these :)

The savoury meal packs are fab. They come in sachet form and then you add water and microwave. They also have 'crispy' shakes which is a bit like having choc milk with a little bit of rice crispies in - very yum :) My lifestyle plan (like SS+) I need to have 150ml skimmed milk per day so can be used with the shakes or in tea or coffee or I can subsitute it for some 0% Natural greek style yoghurt and mix a shake into it. The variety is just so much more and the weight loss is the same as CWP. The online food diary shows you clearly that you are in a ketosis safe zone or if you are eating too much and in danger or coming out of ketosis. Very clever :)

Hope you have a good day!

xx

Wow ok that is a lot cheaper! Good luck with it! I hope the losses still come for you!

Day two for me went alright until I was held up at work till late. Came home and had a normal meal with my hubby. Blah!

Back on the band wagon tomorrow!

Thanks sunflowerlady! These things happen, just pick up today and start again. Hoping for fab losses for us both!

Jillybeans....where are you????

xx

Was a little better yesterday. Managed to stick to three products but did do a lot of snacking which is my downfall. Today has so far been good and I hope to make it a 100% day! Needs to be 100% as my cwpc has said she will text me everyday this week to check if I am being good! Eeek!!! If that isn't motivation to be good then I don't know what is!!!

Hope you lovely ladies have a good day! PT how is slim and save going for you now?

Snacking is my downfall too. Before CWP it was large portion sizes and loads of chocolate. I had a bit of chocolate, ice cream etc when off plan the last 2 weeks, but honestly I'm content with just a bit and then enough. My portion sizes are also way smaller now, probably cause my stomach has shrunk. But, it's the snacking that I am fighting at the moment. Have been good all week on SnS. Though, its a lot easier to be good as there is so much more variety and they allow you to have mid morning and afternoon snacks. The one thing I am totally missing is fruit. I never ate that much fruit before CWP but after 2 weeks of having it again I am missing it so much. That and certain veggies like corn etc. Glad you were good yesterday! Im struggling with the water the last 2 days or so. Dont know why as with this heat I should be drinking much more. Hope you have another good day today. I am off for a girly night at the seaside with my mom and some other ladies and we will go to dinner Friday night. Will be good though and stay away from bad foods. Steak and veg for me.

xx

Right. I have had a very big go large or go home break. Picked up more weight than I expected to and have disappointed myself in the process. Here is where it stops. The kitchen it off limits. Cwp is the name of the game. I have three weeks worth of product left, so will use that up. Might look at exante for a change, or may stick to what I know. Lets see.

Back