The Journey to Christmas!

First things first. Don't panic! Just start again. You only did it once so don't worry just get back on plan again. Ul be fine. However, if u feel you want to include a meal, then maybe consider the option with 3 packs and a meal. Ul still lose weight with that.

Rocky Road said:
Well it was all going relatively well, apart from the crackers, until today. I am having serious doubts about whether I can stick with the diet. I went for about 6 and a half hours without eating and then just ended up shaking with hunger and hubby was eating beans on toast and I made myself the same. I just could not stomach another food pack. I feel so guilty though. I was just so desperate for normal food and I gave in..... Not sure what to do now.

My names Sherrie, I hope you don't mind me commenting. I feel like I'm stepping on everyone's toes atm. But I was like u last week and caved into beens on toast too with my little girl and that was only on my first day. Well this is my first day now and cooked my Erin beens on toast again and it didnt bother me but I'm starting to feel hungry again and eyeing up the food in the cupboard. You've done so well so far. Do what weasey suggested as I looked on here somewhere and look at the reasons why you want to do this. I know I'm a newbie and know nothing yet. Omg my actual goal weight is 8st for my height but don't give up but WW is very good if you feel this is not the right time for you. But I think u want to do this tbh. Just dust yourself down and start again. When I have bad days that's what I shall do. Well I hope so anyway. Take care Rocky Road. We are all in the same boat. :) xxx

(sherrie your not stepping on anyone chick - post away :)

Rocky, 1. you have to do whats right for you right now - what do you want?? what are your goals for the long term?? - fitness, or getting to a dress size etc?

2. It dosent seem like today was emotional trigger, you were hungry. Anyone is likely to eat anything after 6-7 hours. Need to be eating regular intervals - even if its just, a big salad, then a pack, then scrambled eggs, then some soup etc. Use your veggies, packs and milk allowance to stretch you through hun - eat regularly , even if its small like a big latte & a boiled egg. Make it work for you

Have a good think hun, if you feel it truly isnt for you then we support you eitherway. But have a think, and get in the zone if you do want to continue chick

Hugs, dont beat yourself up about it...its just toast!! xx

RebekahR said:

Rocky, 1. you have to do whats right for you right now - what do you want?? what are your goals for the long term?? - fitness, or getting to a dress size etc?

2. It dosent seem like today was emotional trigger, you were hungry. Anyone is likely to eat anything after 6-7 hours. Need to be eating regular intervals - even if its just, a big salad, then a pack, then scrambled eggs, then some soup etc. Use your veggies, packs and milk allowance to stretch you through hun - eat regularly , even if its small like a big latte & a boiled egg. Make it work for you

Have a good think hun, if you feel it truly isnt for you then we support you eitherway. But have a think, and get in the zone if you do want to continue chick

Thanks hunny :) xx

First things first. Don't panic! Just start again. You only did it once so don't worry just get back on plan again. Ul be fine. However, if u feel you want to include a meal, then maybe consider the option with 3 packs and a meal. Ul still lose weight with that.[/

Thanks Skinny Sia. Yes I think I shall try again tomorrow. I am just so annoyed as it is only my 7th day and I have already eaten crackers on 2 days and now this. Doh!

My names Sherrie, I hope you don't mind me commenting. I feel like I'm stepping on everyone's toes atm. But I was like u last week and caved into beens on toast too with my little girl and that was only on my first day. Well this is my first day now and cooked my Erin beens on toast again and it didnt bother me but I'm starting to feel hungry again and eyeing up the food in the cupboard. You've done so well so far. Do what weasey suggested as I looked on here somewhere and look at the reasons why you want to do this. I know I'm a newbie and know nothing yet. Omg my actual goal weight is 8st for my height but don't give up but WW is very good if you feel this is not the right time for you. But I think u want to do this tbh. Just dust yourself down and start again. When I have bad days that's what I shall do. Well I hope so anyway. Take care Rocky Road. We are all in the same boat. :) xxx

No hun you are more than welcome and are in no way stepping on toes at all. I love when people take the time to respond on my diary. I must say I do feel very motivated but struggling with the food packs on S&S. I shall have a little meditate and visualisation and then take it from there. Try and get my head back into it again:)

Thanks Rebekah. How is everything with you? What about your Dad? Are things better?

Well no it definitely was hunger. Trouble was I usually plan 4 hour gaps between food but today I went to my Mum's as she was looking after my Aunt's young Grandaughters and I ended up entertaining them so that there was less pressure on my Mum. Well time went by and I didn't feel too hungry but when I came home I was shaking and instinct just kicked in and I could not seem to control it. I definitely like the idea of the eggs. I am just so annoyed because I like to do things 100% and I am not managing 100%. I have done this for 6 full days and only 3 I think have been 100% so I am most annoyed with myself. Perhaps I will look at 3 packs and a meal though because that may make it easier as at least I will be having real food and I could probably manage on shakes the rest of the time. I loved the savoury packs but they are already making me feel a bit sicky but the shakes don't so I think I may need to work around it and 3 plus a meal might be the way to go.

I do know that I need to find a way of making this work because I so desperately want to lose the weight but it is no good if I keep knocking myself out of ketosis. Tomorrow I am going for eggs :).

I meant to say as well that I did consider going back to calorie counting but the reality is that I don't manage to stick to it and I need something totally different such as this is.

Rocky Road said:
No hun you are more than welcome and are in no way stepping on toes at all. I love when people take the time to respond on my diary. I must say I do feel very motivated but struggling with the food packs on S&S. I shall have a little meditate and visualisation and then take it from there. Try and get my head back into it again:)

Good luck Rocky. And like Rebekah said don't let anyone pressurize you. A tip from my sister is who's doing it too and her friends paint their nails? So they cant pick with wet nails hahaha. Yeh pamper yourself and visualise and meditate. Hope you stay here with me lol. No it's your choice. I might be back at WW coz my mate keeps harping on how I will never do this. The more she says it to me the more it makes me determined. Whatever decision you reach good luck. I'm always here for you to have a moan at Rocky Road. My diary will be full of moans and groans lolololol. :) Thanks for your kind words to me :) xxx

Hi x whatever you decide let us know so we can support each other x I do 4 packs during the week as I find it easier at work and I am doing 3 packs and protein at the weekend I ve just had eggs and it felt like a real treat . For some reason I have been v v hungry today I'm finding some days are better than others so I ve had extra veg which I'm not going to beat myself up about x keep strong and remember you ve never failed if you keep trying :)

I don't generally have a problem sticking to plan at the start of my journey, I can go months without deviating, but towards the end I find it harder. The way I deal with it though is to absolutely make the right choices if I am going to go off plan. So reach for low calorie protein like chicken breast, a Babybel Light, an egg. Anything that it relatively low calorie and keeps ketosis. This diet absolutely doesn't work if you sabotage yourself by throwing yourself out of ketosis constantly. The shaky feeling is generally a sugar dip and you don't really get these if you are properly in ketosis (or at least I don't) as your sugar levels stabilise. If you're going over your carb limit though you will get those shaky feelings as your sugar levels drop and that generally makes people reach for the carbs for that sugar boost. So be strong, look at the advice Rebekah has given re spreading out your packs / veggies / protein etc so that you have something on plan to reach for and you can make it work for you.

Thanks Katie and borders. Babybel! Seriously can we have that. Someone said we can have that instead of the milk but I'm not sure. I think you've hit the nail in the head borders. I'm not giving myself the chance to really get into ketosis because of the Jacobs crackers. Also it became obvious this afternoon that it is TOTM and it's also a very wet miserable day and as well as not being in ketosis and being hungry I just wanted comfort. It kind of all makes a bit more sense now. I'm getting back on it tomorrow and I think I'll maybe do what you do Katie and try a mixture of 3 and 4 day plans. For some daft reason it hadn't really dawned in me before that I could do that lol x

Babybel! Seriously can we have that.

Officially no you can't have that but if you don't have the milk then it's an ok substitute in terms of calories as long as you only have the 1. I suppose what I'm saying is that it's far better to have one of those than resort to something carby that will never let you reach ketosis properly. So ensure that you don't leave too long between the packs, split up the veg allowance so that you can have a little for snacks (some cucumber sticks for example), and maybe split your protein into 2 so that you have a few more opportunities to have something on plan when things get tough. Once you're properly in ketosis it won't be real hunger mostly anyway, it'll be head hunger and you need to learn to deal with that differently.

BordersGirl said:
I don't generally have a problem sticking to plan at the start of my journey, I can go months without deviating, but towards the end I find it harder. The way I deal with it though is to absolutely make the right choices if I am going to go off plan. So reach for low calorie protein like chicken breast, a Babybel Light, an egg. Anything that it relatively low calorie and keeps ketosis. This diet absolutely doesn't work if you sabotage yourself by throwing yourself out of ketosis constantly. The shaky feeling is generally a sugar dip and you don't really get these if you are properly in ketosis (or at least I don't) as your sugar levels stabilise. If you're going over your carb limit though you will get those shaky feelings as your sugar levels drop and that generally makes people reach for the carbs for that sugar boost. So be strong, look at the advice Rebekah has given re spreading out your packs / veggies / protein etc so that you have something on plan to reach for and you can make it work for you.

I found after a while the mini baby bel didn't really taste good enough to be worth having. I take calcium tablets now as I only have a teeny amount of milk in a week. However, if the baby bel was in the fridge, I felt entitled to have it or worse, that I had to have it. Something I've always done when I have been overeating, is to binge - and if the things I wanted weren't there, I'd eat things I didn't want. So I decided to stop getting the baby bel (and the mini pepperami) and save my protein for supper.

I find the first few days really easy. Then I have a wobble. Then it gets easy again. Then eventually I hit a brick wall. Between weeks 4 and 7 it starts to get massively hard. Then I'm usually done.

Part of why is because i start to think about when I can finish, and what weight I'm aiming for. It gets sooner, and higher. however, first time I did a vlcd, it was the easiest thing I ever did. I ended up losing 11 stone and it only got hard near the end when people started telling me i should stop. I put the ease down to my excitement about seeing all these new and wonderful lower weights. Now I'm only reaching weights that I've been to many times, and have been much lower than.

Vlcds can be very hard, and I couldn't agree more about with the above - they're much harder if you sabotage yourself. I find it best to throw myself into it.

Officially no you can't have that but if you don't have the milk then it's an ok substitute in terms of calories as long as you only have the 1. I suppose what I'm saying is that it's far better to have one of those than resort to something carby that will never let you reach ketosis properly. So ensure that you don't leave too long between the packs, split up the veg allowance so that you can have a little for snacks (some cucumber sticks for example), and maybe split your protein into 2 so that you have a few more opportunities to have something on plan when things get tough. Once you're properly in ketosis it won't be real hunger mostly anyway, it'll be head hunger and you need to learn to deal with that differently.

Thanks Bordersgirl. I like the thought of the cucumber in the fridge. I think I shall get some of that. I feel motivated and tomorrow I am on it again. I am just going to put the mistakes me behind me and move forward.

I found after a while the mini baby bel didn't really taste good enough to be worth having. I take calcium tablets now as I only have a teeny amount of milk in a week. However, if the baby bel was in the fridge, I felt entitled to have it or worse, that I had to have it. Something I've always done when I have been overeating, is to binge - and if the things I wanted weren't there, I'd eat things I didn't want. So I decided to stop getting the baby bel (and the mini pepperami) and save my protein for supper.

I find the first few days really easy. Then I have a wobble. Then it gets easy again. Then eventually I hit a brick wall. Between weeks 4 and 7 it starts to get massively hard. Then I'm usually done.

Part of why is because i start to think about when I can finish, and what weight I'm aiming for. It gets sooner, and higher. however, first time I did a vlcd, it was the easiest thing I ever did. I ended up losing 11 stone and it only got hard near the end when people started telling me i should stop. I put the ease down to my excitement about seeing all these new and wonderful lower weights. Now I'm only reaching weights that I've been to many times, and have been much lower than.

Vlcds can be very hard, and I couldn't agree more about with the above - they're much harder if you sabotage yourself. I find it best to throw myself into it.

Thanks Andy I can totally relate with the feeling of having to eat something just because it is there whether you want it or not. It would almost be like I would eat things just so that I got rid of it and it wouldn't bother me anymore but it wouldn't be because I actually wanted it or that I even enjoyed it. Perhaps it would be better to keep things out of the fridge but I need to have things in the house for hubby so I think I just have to find a way somehow to deal with it.

You have done amazing losing that amount and I bet you feel great. It is always so motivating to read comments from people who have achieved so much. Thankyou.

Hope you have a gd day today x :)

Thanks Katierose. I am truly focused focused FOCUSED today :). I have got my picture back of where I want to be at Christmas and it is big and bright so I am sure I am going to be 100%. I have a clear picture how this year is going to pan out now and I just can't wait. I lost my picture for a couple of days and I allowed the food to become what I wanted more than the slim me but I have it back.

I don't know if you are the same but if I can't see the picture and don't know where I am going then I just do what I want in that moment, namely eat but when I can see the alternative to not eating being a slim and confident me then it makes it easy to say no.

Yay to being focused x I too have worked out a plan for now to Xmas now I won't be at goal then but cld be quite a few more stone s down . I have allowed for a few things that are already planned , we can do this :)

Back