The Journey To The New Me

Yea! You are powering through this. Well done.

Well done on your losses Rendaridra, and to answer Supervixen's point I've lost 6 stone on a VLCD and am now starting to refeed slowly. I've upped my calories to 800 - 1000 and my body obviously hasn't got 'used' to 450 calories as I'm continuing to lose weight, albeit more slowly than when my calorie intake was lower. Most people choose a VLCD diet because they have a substantial amount of weight to lose and don't want to take forever to lose it. For me losing the weight quickly and working on a maintenance plan when I was lighter, healthier and feeling fantastic was far more important and I didn't want to languish with a BMI over 40 for a long time, get disheartened and then stop dieting as I've done in the past. There is barely any time to get disheartened on a VLCD since the weight drops off so quickly. Maintenance is important for sure but so is losing the weight when you have a substantial amount to lose like I did.

Another three pounds off this week. Silly isn't it I feel disappointed that I didn't lose 4 lbs lol.

It's funny how impatient we become, once we believe the vlcds will work!

Another 4lbs off today.

Last edited:
For one reason or another i have been taken away from Minimins but I am back and continuing me journey to the new me. I am starting week 18 and have lost 5.7 1/2 stone so far with another couple to do. I cannot say it has been easy and I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times but I am using those experiences to give me the strength to keep going to goal. These last two stone seem to be the hardest because they lead to my ultimate goal - to have a foundation on which to build my new life. It is good to be back.

down to 11 stone 10 this week which is surprising given the difficulties ive had this week with cravings.

weight.png

Rendaridra said:
down to 11 stone 10 this week which is surprising given the difficulties ive had this week with cravings.

Well done! And good luck can I ask what diet and how long it took?

maybe you body is like 'woah where's all that fat gone that i had stored up?? better protect the reserves for a bit!" that's how i like to think of it, like my body is doing me favour lol otherwise i'll just get depressed

I am doing a milkshake vlcd the same shakes as Slim and Save...however I have now changed to their 3 shakes and meal a day plan for the last 30 pounds. i started on the 30th March.

RawrGirl said:
This is precisely why my husband took my scale away. I would try hard all week long and then be miserable over the weekend and end up eating stuff I shouldn't because I was so depressed at not losing. Now I just tract inches. Very glad to hear you lost 9 pounds after all!

Scales are a killer! They can make you go mad.

Back