1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

The lamb mince debate

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by mastiffmum, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    I'm no sure if anyone has noticed, but some of the recipes in the sw magazine, list lean lamb mince as the ingredients, NOT extra lean. For example in jan/feb issue, there is a recipe for Harissa spiced lamb burgers using 511g of lean minced lamb, syns per serving EE free, Original fee. I think it is near on impossible to get the extra lean variety, unless especially made by your butcher, which would cost a fortune. So my theory is that if sw say lean is syn free, then I will be taking that as gospel!

So I think we can all stop fretting over the minced lamb now, besides, if a lamb shank in gravy with over 20g fat is classed as syn free, then I don't see why a portion of the mince isn't.

Off to make donner kebab me thinks.........LOL
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Very occassionally I use lean lamb mince, and I just buy the lowest fat content, depending on which supermarket I am in, and just ignore the fact that it has any syns.
  4. LessofLou

LessofLou Full Member

I also cook and drain/pat down all my mince before using it in a recipe just be sure.
  5. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

slimming world
    I did find extra lean lamb mince in Tesco extra but not for ages . If a recipe says lean that's what I use.Not sure if I'm fooling/cheating myself though!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.