Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Oh well done Jane! I hope day 2 was just as positive. I totally agree - long term success and maintenance will only lie in changing our attitudes to food and nutrition .... That day will come when I can say "food is just fuel" without crossing my fingers behind my back!! Lol

Keep on keeping on x

Oh well done Jane! I hope day 2 was just as positive. I totally agree - long term success and maintenance will only lie in changing our attitudes to food and nutrition .... That day will come when I can say "food is just fuel" without crossing my fingers behind my back!! Lol

Keep on keeping on x
haha yeah, I'd love to believe in that phrase. Forever on this journey that's me. Day three is almost done now and all going well :) I see my counsellor on Friday too so looking forward to that. :)

How you doing? hope it's ticking along for you.

LOL @ ex aka the twat. LOL!!
I need an 'aka' for my ex too. lol

Lol oh hon the ex aka the twat is totally sulking! I told him not to call me and blocked his number on my phone - my son has his own phone, and at 15 can negotiate his own relationship with his Dad. The twat has been trying to text me with news from his boring little life but I'm just ignoring him. I'm done with the mindset that accepted less than decency, so he's S.O.L :) and you know what? The psychological sense of Freedom is so huge it's alarmin! How long did I let this loser have one foot in my life? And what the heck for? Ugh. This determined, take no prisoners chick is who I used to be way back when I was 11st and Queen of the world (in my head anyway).... it seems so fitting that as I shed the camouflage and get back to that size I return to her strength too. Exciting times.

On a MUCH better note RC (he of the sexy, buff, intellectual, gorgeous omg-when-did-they-start-making-this-variety-in-the-uk fame) dropped me a line out of the clear blue sky to tell me his latest business venture and say hi with a "x". Is it bad that all I could think was "Mmmmm" (slobber slobber)? Lol Can't wait to see him in a couple of months ;)

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot to report diet wise as I'm at cruising altitude ..... But oh boy, my plans for a meal on Christmas day get more elaborate by the second .... And the food p0rn! Ahem. I mean M & S food adverts. I'm addicted to watching them :D.... I don't know what my Sunshine Boy is so alarmed about - I was only describing in loving detail every protein and veg laced course I'm planning for Christmas day. Okay so it took twenty minutes. Maybe thirty, tops. There was no need for the pitying look and condescending head pat! :D

I hope you're cruising along too lovely xxx

points to address:)

1. the twat haha hahahahahahahaha serves him right

1.5. RC oh that is a funny twist of fate, i am willing it into fruition as we speak!

2. i know what you mean about being more intune with your previous incarnations when i lost the bulk of my weight i realised i was more connected to the 18 year old me than i was the 30yrs old. not that i dont claim the whole kit and caboodle cause it was all just me but id lost some of my spark and weight or not im much more in touch with my core beliefs or desires now.

3. im sorry to burst your bubble but i think sunshine boy was probably dealing with the healthy homer Simpson mmmmm sugar snap peas....... im afraid i ll have to give him the free pass with the condescension :p

4. this is from a later post but i hope food is never just fuel, i love it but i want to be able to enjoy it with a healthy attitude and for the greed switch to never be turned back on. think we all need to find the balance

keep on trucking your progress is fabulouso

jxx

Is it just me, or does everyone feel colder on this diet? Today was a brill day diet wise, but I am soooo cold I've come to bed early to stop my teeth chattering!

Cee - a private aka amongst us chickens is not only encouraged it's positively compulsory lol:D x

Well done on completing day 3 Jane, you're nearly in ketosis land (if you're not there already) so the physical battle is nearly over, right? It's the mental fight from here on out (which is infinitely easier to win!) Big hugs & bravo x

oh i hated that cold feeling the only way i could warm up was bath then bed. i have one of those microwaveable bean bag thing it was used a lot too,
jxx

I'll have to get me one of those microwave fur bags to cuddle!

My laptop unceremoniously died this evening so here I am up at 4:20am trying to troubleshoot and, yep, you guessed it..... It's still on the blink. So I'm relegated to typing this up on my "smart" phone (predictive grammatical errors included for free) - you know, now that I think about it I reckon I have this emotional overeating gremlin on the run because this has been a pretty frustrating and sh!te night but I'M STILL STANDING (the caps were to denote singing not shouting) .... Right. I'm clearly punch drunk - I'm off to bed :D xx

The works do for yesterday was postponed for 2 weeks - everyone's getting the flu and dropping like flies. I was quite relieved to be honest, one month+ of 100% SS and the psychological battle has started again .... My mind is screaming to just chew chew chew! Jeeze. Slightly sickening change of subject, but I'm off to watch The Walking Dead with the Sunshine Boy (best TV show ever!) then I'm off to bed to avoid temptation. Making a roast tomorrow for SB, bought the smallest little cut of meat so that I wouldn't be tempted .... I'm outraged that it was more expensive than a huge leg of lamb (proportionally)! Rip off supermarkets.

Okay I'm officially waffling :D I hope everyone's having a 100% diet weekend xxx

The works do for yesterday was postponed for 2 weeks - everyone's getting the flu and dropping like flies. I was quite relieved to be honest, one month+ of 100% SS and the psychological battle has started again .... My mind is screaming to just chew chew chew! Jeeze. Slightly sickening change of subject, but I'm off to watch The Walking Dead with the Sunshine Boy (best TV show ever!) then I'm off to bed to avoid temptation. Making a roast tomorrow for SB, bought the smallest little cut of meat so that I wouldn't be tempted .... I'm outraged that it was more expensive than a huge leg of lamb (proportionally)! Rip off supermarkets.

Okay I'm officially waffling :D I hope everyone's having a 100% diet weekend xxx

Great news about the works do then no pressure on you, not so great your work mates are dropping like flies, hope you don't get it.

I know what you mean about supermarkets, everything works out better value the more you buy :-( so blooming annoying.

Your doing amazing, keep up the good work x

Aww thank you gorgeous! I realised what threw me off yesterday: I finally put down the stretchy clothes and tried on some old jeans .... are you telling me I've grit my teeth through 37 days of SS and I'm only just squeezing my butt into size 20? I was an effing elephant! No - I was Mr Snuffleupacus! Or a flaming Gruffalo! Charming. So my treacherous mind was urging me to sod the shakes and eat ..... Fat chance. Literally. (a) if I've lost nearly 3 stone and can only just get into my old size 20s? Enough said: there's work to be done (b) at 5' 8" I'm 17 stone and size 20 - think what 16 stone and 15 stone can bring - size 16 I'm coming for you!! This is soooo flaming hard. We're saints, we really are. It's so much worse when you have to argue and rail against your own baser instincts. The Sunshine Boy was a hero: there I was drowning out our favourite TV show with my moaning about wanting to eat meat; his response? "Yeah, why not? What's 36 days SS and Ketosis anyway. Go ahead spoil it." I glanced over at him in shock (this was delivered very dryly you understand) and he winked at me! We both howled with laughter. Fair point. Oh man, how I love my son :rolleyes:

Here's hoping everyone survived the dreaded weekend and we're not a man down. Big hugs to all and well done to the 100 percenters and especially those who survived the insanity well enough to dust themselves off and clamber back aboard xxx

Aww, can we clone Sunshine boy and distribute him? PLease?
I had the same experience. I asked myself why I'm still having to squeeze into the same jeans I've been squeezing into all these months. WHy aren't they easy to pull up and button now. It was a bit discouraging, then I realised that the fat is coming off different places faster than others. I know by tummy has shrunk remarkably. My winter jacket zips up now, and 5 weeks ago it wouldn't, for my humongous gut. Does your CWPC measure you? If so you should go look at the measurements. Besides, CWP is so awesome, that you WILL get down to your 18's and 16's etc as long as you keep doing what you're doing. Just remember, the lighter we get, the more difference a loss will make to how we look and what we wear. Something to look forward to right?
Well done for not giving in. I'm well proud of you. And...if you had given in, I might have given myself permission to cheat too lol! No pressure x

Aww jeeze Cee! Thanks for that! Lol

You're so so right. Can't believe I forgot that: sometimes it's inches, sometimes it's pounds. I keep forgetting to measure myself....I must do that so I don't go crazy on those weeks I sts. It doesn't help that I have a 6cm teratoma (a type of ovarian cyst) distorting my tummy - I need to confirm with Gynae, but my tummy is just NOT as flat 35+ days in as it has been in the past. B@st@rd thing.

I hope you had a brilliant (100%) weekend too chick xxx

yay!

glad to here your remaining strong, well done the laddie for plugging the dam just when you needed it
jx

I know, right? Love him.

How's your weekend been lovely? All status quo? I snatched back my sanity from the jaws of defeat and have been having conniptions fighting with my flaming laptop instead. You know, that in itself is a victory.... It didn't occur to me until just this second that I haven't once thought about my previous coping mechanisms when life threw lemons at me. Score!

As for SB - I don't know why I was so stunned at his cool, absent minded delivery.... My mouth was literally hanging open before I muttered "you little sod" and he looked up from his fifth appendage (his phone) to wink at me. After all I have been bombarding him with daily updates on what day SS I am and weekly gleeful updates on my weight loss (even though the poundage and significance mean nothing to him!).... I just never thought he was listening as his head was usually buried in the fridge or he was furiously tapping morse code on his other vital body part (phone) at the time. Just goes to show - we think blokes aren't listening but they're clocking all (blimey they probably receive tutelage from the mothership on how to do just that at 2 years old - pretend to ignore us just to drive us to distraction! It explains a lot! :D Lol)

Anyway, hope you had a great day xxxx

So I finally managed to shift my butt and do some some sit ups with my Abdominiser (gasped through 100)..... Blimey, I'm knackered :eek: I also barely managed 10 leg lifts with resistance bands. Man, I hate exercise - you know those 'self cleaning' ovens? Well why, Oh why, can't I tone up in my sleep??

Aaaand another thing - this job market is a flipping nightmare. After 14 years of being a civil servant it seems all my experience counts for nowt if I'm not willing to be paid £5 per annum :mad: I've applied for so many jobs but no cigar. The funds (redundancy pay off) run out in February and it would have been nice to be left with a little something something instead of using it all to pay bills and survive.... Hmmmm do they still employ roadsweeps? Time for some lateral thinking perhaps.... I could do voiceover work? I'd love to get into Book Publishing and Editing but at 38 I don't fancy being an apprentice or gofer. I better knuckle down and get on with my correspondence writing course - maybe I can be the next J K.... (all ideas on genres welcome)

In separate news the diet is going well - it better: I'll be broke by February! No pressure then :)

Wish me luck guys, I really need it xxx

Good luck Beverley! I hope you find something soon. x

Well personally I love the way you write in here so the book idea a great one :D
Thought I'd come over and have a read through your diary and damn girl you are such an inspiration.
So so glad you have sorted out the ex and kicked him to the kerb, what a douche bag!!!!!
However as a hopeless romantic I am dying to see what happens with RC

Thank you Cee x

Ooooh Jo! Me too!!!!! Lol x

I'd love to write novels for a living, I really would, but always feel as if I have to endure my online/correspondence course first ..... As if I need a 'badge' to get in the club. Stupid. I'll let you know if I decide to take the plunge and work up a story line :character00148:

How has your day been ladies? I hope you're all doing great x

Last edited:
Just had my WI and I am finally, (FINALLY!) 16.13 :D:D:D

Just to put this moment in context, I was 20 st 2lbs in July. I managed to get that down to 19 st 5lbs on the 3rd October (combination of constant day 1s on CWP, no fizzy drinks/juice and cutting down on carbs)..... And today I am 16st 13lbs! I am so happy to be in a new 'bracket' at last. Onwards! :D XX

Back