Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Just had my WI and I am finally, (FINALLY!) 16.13 :D:D:D

Just to put this moment in context, I was 20 st 2lbs in July. I managed to get that down to 19 st 5lbs on the 3rd October (combination of constant day 1s on CWP, no fizzy drinks/juice and cutting down on carbs)..... And today I am 16st 13lbs! I am so happy to be in a new 'bracket' at last. Onwards! :D XX

:happy096:

I am so happy for you!

Thank you so much Bonkers (How have you been?!? Where have you been??! Great to 'see' you love :)) xx

Aww thank you gorgeous! I realised what threw me off yesterday: I finally put down the stretchy clothes and tried on some old jeans .... are you telling me I've grit my teeth through 37 days of SS and I'm only just squeezing my butt into size 20? I was an effing elephant! No - I was Mr Snuffleupacus! Or a flaming Gruffalo! Charming. So my treacherous mind was urging me to sod the shakes and eat ..... Fat chance. Literally. (a) if I've lost nearly 3 stone and can only just get into my old size 20s? Enough said: there's work to be done (b) at 5' 8" I'm 17 stone and size 20 - think what 16 stone and 15 stone can bring - size 16 I'm coming for you!! This is soooo flaming hard. We're saints, we really are. It's so much worse when you have to argue and rail against your own baser instincts. The Sunshine Boy was a hero: there I was drowning out our favourite TV show with my moaning about wanting to eat meat; his response? "Yeah, why not? What's 36 days SS and Ketosis anyway. Go ahead spoil it." I glanced over at him in shock (this was delivered very dryly you understand) and he winked at me! We both howled with laughter. Fair point. Oh man, how I love my son :rolleyes: Here's hoping everyone survived the dreaded weekend and we're not a man down. Big hugs to all and well done to the 100 percenters and especially those who survived the insanity well enough to dust themselves off and clamber back aboard xxx

What a fab post !
You certainly have staying power and are doing amazingly well :)

So I've scurried off to add up with my calculator (not great at counting up pounds - don't ask!) and I've lost 45lbs (20.41kg/3.214 stones) since July :bliss::angel09::stickdance:

Right, sorry, just had to get that out of my system.... I'm still fat ofcourse but I'm in the 16s!!!!! It puts all those weeks of STS, TOTM, bloating and sh!t losses in perspective, doesn't it?

I hope everyone has a fabulous 100% day ..... I know I will! :D xx

Thank you so much Bonkers (How have you been?!? Where have you been??! Great to 'see' you love :)) xx

Hey Bev

I've been good - I quit smoking a week ago (today is day 7 cigarette free). plus ive now lost a little over 20 kgs (my "major" mini goal) - so quit chuffed!

I love reading your diary - you are an amazing writer and I would buy your novel immediately coz I know it will make me laugh and cry at the same time.

:bighug:

Aww Angel, it's so good to hear from you honey. I was worried about you (and missing you walking updates!).

Thank you for that .... It's so inspiring where we find the messages that keep us going for ten minutes, or one hour longer - in my case the Sunshine Boy is worth his weight in all the food he's eating me out of (the child must genuinely have hollow legs, he sure can pack away the grub! Lol)

I hope you're doing okay and feeling better. Big :bighug: xx

Bonkers, see that's why I've missed you! Lol xx Thank you for that boost... I'm seriously thinking about just sitting down and doing it - scary and exciting. Hey, forget everyone else at least I know the Minimins lot will buy it (no matter how crap lol)

Well done on quitting smoking!!!! 7 days! :clap: I confess that's my next challenge *gulp*. How'd you do it? Are you slowly going insane or breezing through? Have you read Alan Carr's book (not that one, an American stop smoking guru - Alan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking) it is GENIUS.

On top of that, are you telling me you've lost 44lbs!!?? :eek: You are officially my super hero:D Good on ya - FANTASTIC!!! xx

Bonkers, see that's why I've missed you! Lol xx Thank you for that boost... I'm seriously thinking about just sitting down and doing it - scary and exciting. Hey, forget everyone else at least I know the Minimins lot will buy it (no matter how crap lol)

Well done on quitting smoking!!!! 7 days! :clap: I confess that's my next challenge *gulp*. How'd you do it? Are you slowly going insane or breezing through? Have you read Alan Carr's book (not that one, an American stop smoking guru - Alan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking) it is GENIUS.

On top of that, are you telling me you've lost 44lbs!!?? :eek: You are officially my super hero:D Good on ya - FANTASTIC!!! xx

Talking about boost - your message made me feel oh so good - thank you.

I told myself that I would when I dropped into the 90s (in kgs) which was 44lbs from my start weight (and yes I have lost that :)). When I hit that weight I just stopped. No weaning myself off. I figured if I have the strength to stick to a diet and exercise regime quitting should not be an issue. Little did I know!

The first couple of days were not that bad actually... 3rd day onward (till now) sleep all messed up - apparently it is a withdrawal symptom. I do get the urge to snatch cigarettes when I pass people smoking but haven't felt the urge to pick one up otherwise. I really miss it at work tho - now I don't know what to do when i want to take a break! :rolleyes:

Hopefully (if I'm one of the lucky few) the sleep disruption will go away within the 2nd week of no smoking... only time will tell.

that is fab that the 16s are cruising into sight do you have an official weight in before the stats are updated?

glad its all coming together nicely just you keep on going which i know you will
jxx

Woohoo!! Well done on entering a new weight bracket. You've done amazingly well, an just think, in 4 weeks, you should be crossing another weight bracket. Proud of you.
Also, there's as websites that you can join and you can start writing and other members will read. SOme might be published writers and stuff. They read your stuff and they give let you know if they like your writing and give tips too. One of my friends started writing a book that way, not sure how far he got now. I will find out and let you know. I wanted to write once. I thought of writing children's books. That's as far as I got LOL! The thought! Hehe. You should do it, just start it.

Wow well done you that's fantastic, I love going down that bracket (I will be in the 15's next week as long as nothing drastic happens)
I quit smoking just before the diet so 12 weeks ago, cold turkey but weirdly found it quite a breeze, my oh still smokes and was able not to throttle him :D
Definitely a great thing for your health (not to mention the purse) my bank account in shock lol, no cigs, no alcohol, no takeaways, no pop and snacks, saving myself a fortune :D
More money for clothes :D

that is fab that the 16s are cruising into sight do you have an official weight in before the stats are updated?

glad its all coming together nicely just you keep on going which i know you will
jxx

Thanks J :) I missed my official WI last Sunday, so had one today; I've updated my stats (at least I think I have!!). I'm thrilled to see the 16s (even if it's just 16.13).... My focus now is to keep chipping away and hit the 15s :D

How're you getting on? xx

Wow well done you that's fantastic, I love going down that bracket (I will be in the 15's next week as long as nothing drastic happens)
I quit smoking just before the diet so 12 weeks ago, cold turkey but weirdly found it quite a breeze, my oh still smokes and was able not to throttle him :D
Definitely a great thing for your health (not to mention the purse) my bank account in shock lol, no cigs, no alcohol, no takeaways, no pop and snacks, saving myself a fortune :D
More money for clothes :D

Ooooh you're rich! Drinks on you then when we all reach goal lol:D 12 weeks cold turkey? Y'all are seriously Super human! Good for you :clap:

You're doing brilliantly and you'll definitely be in the 15s next week! Just keep doing as well as you are xx

Woohoo!! Well done on entering a new weight bracket. You've done amazingly well, an just think, in 4 weeks, you should be crossing another weight bracket. Proud of you.
Also, there's as websites that you can join and you can start writing and other members will read. SOme might be published writers and stuff. They read your stuff and they give let you know if they like your writing and give tips too. One of my friends started writing a book that way, not sure how far he got now. I will find out and let you know. I wanted to write once. I thought of writing children's books. That's as far as I got LOL! The thought! Hehe. You should do it, just start it.

Oh I'd love to know about that site, please do let me know - it sounds brill. You should give the Children's books a go, one life to live, right? :)

Being in the 16s has somehow reawakened my determination... It feels like it'll never happen sometimes in the drudgery of the day to day. Thank goodness that's not actually the case!

I hope you had great 100% day xx

Ps: LOVE the avatar :)

hello duchess how s tricks?

im in a the diet zone today and ticking along quite nicely the mind conversation has done me the world of good i think,

am real busy at work just now which helps keep the paws off boredom grazing, im addicted to fruit just now which is one addiction i don t mind having.
jxx

Well what a week of discovery this has been! After twenty years of ignoring my Mother, having stumbled upon some medical journals, I finally bought some Epsom Salt. Not only does the human body need the Magnesium, but it has been touted for years as a wonderful restorative. Two cups in a hot radox bath and my skin was like silk, my 'winter hooves' were baby - soft, my dodgy knee felt soothed and I was so detoxed and relaxed I felt as if Sven the masseuse had been at me for an hour! I had the best nights' sleep I've enjoyed in four years :eek:! The only regret I have is that I didn't take my measurements before my 1 hour soak as I now have no empirical data to support this but my upper tummy and 'Mummy - apron' (the banes of my life. We all know that after a certain age/weight our tummies become a game of two halves :mad:) are visibly flatter!!!!! I really wish I'd measured, but I've bought a 10kg bag from Amaz0n, arriving tomorrow, so I'll let you know. I didn't record any significant loss in poundage, but I certainly don't feel as bloated and found myself stroking my own arm - to the irritation of my cat (Sorry George, Mummy will pet you another time) and even more shockingly - while breathlessly telling my sister on the phone that we'd been arrogant fools to scoff and not give credence to Mum's Old Wives remedies I realised I was sitting on my bed with my legs folded like a six year old (backstory: I developed a blood clot on my right knee in July which was mistreated and left me hobbling with various levels of agony off and on). I mean, seriously. WTF??????!!! We need to listen to the older generation more. For goodness sake: if you get a splinter, put 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salt in a basin of hot-as-you-can-stand-it water, soak your hand and the splinter will be drawn out! Or how about: 2 teaspoons in 500ml of water knocked back cures constipation in 30 minutes to 1 hour( check packaging for precise measurements on this one and GP to see if you can actually use Epsom Salt safely). Or make it into a paste to kill spots and acne? So. I'm blown away and still so relaxed I can't wait for bedtime lol. Thanks Mum, you really do know everything! I knew it ;)

I hope everyone had a fabulous 100% day too xx

Wow! Really? Epsom salts? I'm ordering myself some tomorrow. Heaven knows my skin need it. Thanks for sharing. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hope you've got your 500ml by your bedside! ;-)

Back