Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

..... Howdy all! Sorry I've been so rubbish at keeping up and checking in with everyone. I'm exhausted to be honest, the new job is full on but riveting, but I can't seem to get my energy levels up - as I suffer from menorrhagia anyway, I think the anxiety of the new job has made this TOTM truly horrific (and I dare not take iron aka Ferrous Fumarate until my medication cycle starts again..... Or else..... ). All I can sigh is: "TGIF"!!!! At least I'll be able to catch up on everyone's news a bit come the weekend :) I'm so so tired, but stayed awake for that last shake hours ago and now I'm so tired I can't sleep. Weird, huh? But my eyes are burning so I'll take the hint.

I hope everyone has had a brill 100% day - Im just thankful I'm finding it so bl00ming East sticking to SS.... Hey! New diet tip! Get too exhausted to even think about food :D It's working for me! xxx

So glad yup got a decent nights sleep. I'm convinced it's the first week of vlcd that disrupts sleep.

Glad you are finding diet easy it's good old ketosis. How are dealing with it in your new job? Are you keeping it a secret? Or are you open about it? Offices can be the worst place to do vlcd there is always some kind of cake/chocs or something there! I worked for an American company few years ago and we got free fruit bowls in the break out coffee area which I thought was great!

Hey ladies, thanks for checking in.....

Kira, I'm just being casual about it. A couple of ladies wanted me to chip in to the coffee tin but I just said I only drink water and I'm on a strict diet. Another asked me what I'd had for lunch, and I told her I was on Cambridge - she knew all about it and her best friend lost 6 stone. At lunch I just go into the kitchen not particularly caring who is in there and start shaking up my 'sports cup' (one of those jobbies with a loose metal ball in that mixes up my shake pretty well). I doubt they'd say anything to me as I'm the 'new girl' - but I don't give a donkeys' a$$ who says what.... I'd tell them to jog on :D (A) my father was a Consultant and Chief Medical Officer of a hospital and examined the products and medical journals on vlcds six ways to Sunday before he'd let me or my sister touch a vlcd, (B) I've done it before and know it works (not to mention the 3st 9lbs I've already lost since October) (C) my sister lost 5 stone + on her 5000th restart and has kept it off for over two years and is healthy, sexy and happier and (D) Time and RC :heartpump: wait for no (wo)man lol:) sod nosey b@st@rds and food bullies anyway .... They'll be dictating what bog roll we can buy next!!!! Grrrrr

Hiya Clinquant - here's the thing. The new job is taxing, exhausting and a LOT to learn, but I spent the last 7 years fighting against a disgusting, sexually deviant bully, who crossed the line into sexual harassment time and time again but got away with it because he was a manager who knew how to play the system. It wasn't worth it. Being unhappy, having the runs every Sunday night because you have to go to work, ten people being victimised and miserable...... Wasn't worth it. I have a (maximum) 20 minute commute and haven't been this engaged about the 'possibilities' since 2003!!!!! Please look around even casually, for what you want to move to next. Research the company and their chances of coming through this recession with staff intact..... And do it. Carpe diem, right? I've been exhausted with apathy and misery in the past , but this exhaustion from being on the go non stop and learning every second feels..... clean :D And thanks for the encouragement guys - no peeing pink as yet (thanks TOTM - the gift that keeps on giving, in new and exciting ways :rolleyes:) but I must be in ketosis as I've been 100% and not hungry at all :D

So grateful the weekend is here. I can finally spend some time with my son and my cat..... Wow. I sound like a loser hahaha and I don't care!!!! I love my boys :D xx How was your day all? xx

Brilliant! Attitude Bev! I agree that it's good not to give a sh*** what people think about what diet or how you or losing weight or anything else that is personal to you for at matter. Vlcd is taxing enough let alone the added grief people can spout out when you haven't even asked for their opinion.

Glad the weekends is here for you and I hope you will relax and enjoy time with you son and cat.

All is well on the diet front with me and day 5 is coming to a close soon. I may go any buy some ketostix tomorrow but DH usually let's me know as I get the not so pleasant breath and that's after I've brushed my teeth!

Oh wow bev! U doing brilliant!

I remember when I did CD I used to enjoy the busy days at work coz then no time or thought of food.

Me still completely tied up at work. Submission today and then I'll catch up properly.

Xx

Howdy all :D What a day! Made all of my returns to the Collect + drop off.... How handy is it that you can drop off delivery returns or even collect items from little corner shops? Genius. And I went to buy more work trousers.... So go on, guess who can fit into size 16 Next trousers? :D I still say I'm a 16.2, but what the heck - let's go wild, they fit! :D From a size 22/24 to 16 in 3 months 2 weeks. Gotta love CD!!!!!

In a veeeeery good mood - even made my Sunshine Boy a lasagne from scratch and wasn't slavering over the mince. Yep. A very good day (ps: size 16 tops fit too. Was too chicken to even pick up the 14s:rolleyes:))

I hope everyone's having a brill day xx

Bev that's great you had a fab day and just brilliant you've lost so much so quickly and gone down several dress sizes! I bet the 14 would've fitted? You must try a size 14 in 2-3 weeks I bet they'll fit.

i was just posting my diary thread how I start wanting to cook and pore through recipes when I get into ketosis.

That's amazing. I think I'm a 16.2 as well. Snug on the fitted things but hey by next week!! I have mince on the stove too but cottage pies. Can't pretend I didn't fancy it but I won't be having any - the mash will be even more of a test but I will pass. WI tomorrow for me and I'm really keen to see the fresh fat so why would I cheat.

Have a lovely evening x

i was just posting my diary thread how I start wanting to cook and pore through recipes when I get into ketosis.

Thank you lovelies, :) it felt great.

Actually Kira, I was just thinking I need a strategy: hypnosis, CBT, NLP, therapy - something, for when I get to goal and do maintenance. I don't want to go back to my old habits. And the worst part is (forget modesty, let's have some 'real talk') my Mum, sisters and I are all phenomenal cooks. And I mean phenomenal! If I couldn't cook I'd be better off! I need to look into strategies to change my relationship to food and my emotional overeating. I'm not doing this again and I want to stay healthy for the rest of my life.....

Snug on the fitted things but hey by next week!!*
Oh Clinquant - you and I are in the same boat! Snap on the 16.2 :rolleyes: two weeks and I'll try on a 14 of you will lol okay, maybe 3 weeks. Weigh in tomorrow for me too! I'm kind of excited but hope more than anything we both have huge fresh fat losses tomorrow :cross: xx

With regard to the therapy emotional stuff, I am starting a 6 week workshop on Compassion Focussed Therapy. Start on Wednesday evening for a couple of hours with CDs and stuff to take away. It's with the therapist I've been seeing for a while and a small group of 6. Really looking forward to it. It's based on the approach of this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compassionate-Aproach-Beating-Overeating-Overcoming/dp/1845298772 which I can recommend.

Don't think it's going to solve the desire to cook and eat though - I'm just hoping to turn that into a more healthy approach. Already saving low carb recipes to *********.

Hi

I have loved reading your diary and would love to tag along to get more inspiration and laughs. I am on week 2 of Sole Source and very motivated and in the zone at the moment.

Thanks

I don't want to go back to my old habits.

I have the exact same fear! But I think that's what the steps are designed for. As long as you go through the steps slowly reintroducing everything in bit by bit, it really should make a difference. Personally, it's my portion sizes that are out of control, so hopefully (thanks to the strict weights of exactly what you can have) I'll learn what a "normal" size is :)

Congratulations on everything you've managed so far :) xxx

Aww, Thank you Bubbles. I think we all have that fear deep down inside.... But I guess we have to remind ourselves this isn't about deprivation, but as you said, portion control (savouries and giant portion sizes were my downfall too). And you're probably right (and this may be where I went wrong in the past) working through all of the steps in turn was the key to my sister's success (and every other maintainer on here!). Good for us, being aware of the challenges we face and getting our strategies ready :D...... Speaking of which...... xx

Hi

Weigh in day is Thursday, but have opted for fortnightly as I think it will keep me focused and psychologically the weigh losses will seem bigger or so I am hoping! Excited and terrified all at the same time. Fingers crossed.

It's seems we are all in the been there done it and don't want to do it again Club! I think we all need some kind of tool to help us maintain once we've reached goal or the bulk of our weight and I'm certainly open to suggestions too. I'll take a lok at this C.

Back