Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Vikki, you've got this.... And you can dodge those carbs on holiday easily! Think of all the fresh meat, veg and fruits! Happy days :)

I'll pop in for a longer post later (I'm doing great Bonkers!) - got to nip to the loo to stitch in the side of my loose trousers lol whoop whoop xx

hi there lady

very glad to hear that weight lose continues and trousers are being taken in. im still not losing but not gaining either so i ll pick my battles and get through when i can. much fam drama of late but it seems to be passing.

after catching up with your thread im going to put out a diff point of view and bear in mind his comes from a woman who s own mum loving refers to as a female chauvinistic pig! did i ever tell you about my theory that all men should be kept in pens?:D any way i digress.

rc may or may not be another banker of the week ( the odds sadly are higher in favour of this) but his job does lend that he could potentially work unusual hours .having worked as a nurse i wasn t opposed to sending txt s at a variety times, i wasn t married or involved.

my own lad does not communicate via the medium of phone and would after the initial arrangement not phone/txt to confirm. if he does indeed have man flu that would of become an all consuming affair, pleasantries go out the window. im not saying this is right merely an observation.

this is why i would like you to find out a bit more about rc as if he is married then he simply is a scummy weasel. i have since the great changes of my early 30s never let an opportunity pass me by. i go for it 100% that doesn t mean i haven t fallen flat on my face, i have but not once have i regretted the fall because i know without a shadow of a doubt that it wasn t the path for me. can i convict rc in the court of jen? well i reluctantly see reasonable doubt ( but i def have my eye on him) im not against a good bit of internet snooping either, the truth is out there:)

jxxx

Lol oh Jen I've missed you!!!! Okay, I'll reserve judgement BUT I won't be getting all excited about potential dates NOR too invested in whether he texts or not (easy to do, seeing as I've been slightly put off). I'll suspend belief (kinda) until I know whether or not he belongs in the stocks (at which point: "off with his head! Lol).... You are so right: the truth is indeed out there.... Especially for a Master researcher like myself :D You've given me food for thought. However. I personally, need the little courtesies. I get it totally, my Dad was a Consultant Paediatrician, it made for many a cancelled holiday or dinner.... But saying "sorry, I can't make it because of work/illness /family commitments" should be simple to do, and keys the other person know you value them but just can't be in 2 places at once. There was no apology and no consideration of the fact that I had disrupted my life and my son's schedule. That I find inexcusable. How hard is it to say 'hey sorry chick, can't make it'? And if someone can treat me with such little consideration they're not worth a whole heck of a lot to me. We've known each other for a loooong time, but he's come across as arrogant and unreliable....

But I won't rush to judgement. I just won't rush to anything where he's concerned, how's that? Not even the next date :) It's taken me a long time, but I've come to realise that what's meant for me, won't pass me by. And like a recovering addict I won't take chances on what could tip me over the edge into 'Binge-ville', that no one is worth. But you've given me another viewpoint so I'll take that on board too. What on earth would I do without my Mininins? xx

I'm glad you're not gaining love, I was getting worried there for a minute! The fact you're not losing says you've hit the 'sweet spot' and know what to do for your body to maintain :D When you're in the right head space you may decide to just kick off the final 13lbs..... aaaaand you may not. This plan is about living your best life, whatever that looks like. Selfishly I hope you're back on it soon so you can turn your back on it forever, but it is so so hard when you're not at the place of misery that you started from, isn't it? It's what always defeated me in the past - so this time, no matter how cute I look to me I'm sticking with the goal I set back in October. Wish me luck! Gosh I'd love to be down to the final little bit too :D My day will come xx

Good morning lovelies! Here's to another brilliant 100 % day on Plan :D

It's my boss' leaving do today, so from 3pm there will be cakes abs food galore! Pssst.... I've worn my Spanx to inhibit my appetite! Don't tell anyone lol. Nah, I'll be fine - not that into sweets (I'm more a savoury monster, myself :)) We still have to navigate our lives and social obligations.... But I'll be doing so on water (brought a lovely Cup with straw from New Look of all places - nicely disguises what you're drinking).

Plus I've got a big meeting with my new boss to gain some clarity about what I'll be doing until April. Wish me luck! Stress, stress, stress, everywhere I look :rolleyes:

Have a great day xx

Good luck! Here's hoping you get some good news, I think you're overdue that!

Good luck today. Hope the job news gives you what you want or more importantly what you need.

As for the cake - you know you can do it. I survived the two hour funeral tea for my Lighter life lady yesterday. Never seen so many cakes. Just concentrated on the lovely tea in vintage tea cups. There were about 10 of us who were her clients and I was the only one not eating cake - most had about 3 pieces!! But I sure am glad now.

So a brilliant 100% day to you and see you on the other side.

Good morning lovelies! Here's to another brilliant 100 % day on Plan :D

It's my boss' leaving do today, so from 3pm there will be cakes abs food galore! Pssst.... I've worn my Spanx to inhibit my appetite! Don't tell anyone lol. Nah, I'll be fine - not that into sweets (I'm more a savoury monster, myself :)) We still have to navigate our lives and social obligations.... But I'll be doing so on water (brought a lovely Cup with straw from New Look of all places - nicely disguises what you're drinking).

Plus I've got a big meeting with my new boss to gain some clarity about what I'll be doing until April. Wish me luck! Stress, stress, stress, everywhere I look :rolleyes:

Have a great day xx

Hey Bev - I see its cake time soon :p

Hope meeting went well... xx

Oh good to hear Viita! Thank you... I trust she'll find her way to the prefect healthy option for her (but darn we want her back here!)

Hey C :), the new manager gave me an interesting research project (wasn't I just telling skydragon I'm the 'research queen'?) that would normally take minimum 2/3 WEEKS - and gave me..... Wait for it..... ONE DAY! One full day to research... I love research but I'm not a hacker, so a tad confused on the depth of proprietary information she expects me to data mine on other companies. Very odd. Maybe I'll recieve more clarity tomorrow when I have to present my findings. *sigh* I think my old boss did slightly too good a job touting me as a miracle worker - after all I'm not zeus! There's still no word on the agency work being beyond April , and I'm just not willing to kill myself for no concrete fixed term contract. It's already a pain in the butt that I have to prove myself all over again, but I'll rise to the challenge and see what's what in a couple of weeks... While I look for job security and satisfaction elsewhere. Ps: that HR CIPD qualification costs the earth!! I'd love to do it, but I'm just not in the position to fund such aspirations right now. It'll come :sigh: one day... It'll come :D

Had a mega difficult evening with Mum today - well my sister did, so I'm just going to 'Honk' for another 100 % day and go to bed (emotionally shattered). Oh by the way, this chick at work that was so unfriendly when I started (nasty looks and everything!?!) is suddenly trying to be my new best friend "where do you do your hair, how much, can I get it, where'd you get your clothes, where does your son get a haircut..... Huh?) - wait for it.... She now wants my CDC's number as she wants to do CD (" oh I did it before when I was younger "she says. (a) she's like 12 years old (b) she looks like a size 8 and (c) she didn't even know what ANY of the vlcds were called) dodgy chick. Maybe she just wants to be me lol. Tough sh!t: I'm taken. She'd be better off being herself, everyone else is taken :D Very weird. Maybe we'll end up being great mates. Huh.

Really do have to get some shut eye. Here's to a fab day tomorrow.... And thank G. O. D. it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! :) xx

Last edited:
Maybe she's a bit rubbish at making friends? Sometimes shy and uncomfortable can come across as mean.

True. Hmm. I've encountered the phenomenon before unfortunately but one girl that was exactly the same ended up being a pretty good friend. Just goes to show a wonderful quote from Plato is as true today as it was 2000 years ago: "Be kind to everyone you meet, for everyone is fighting a fierce battle"

Isn't life battle enough without throwing out dirty looks and curled lips of antagonism? Very odd. Especially as in Pretty sure blokes don't have the same issues. If women would pull together on a daily basis like we do on here? We'd rule the world!

Lol, okay speech over :D xx

Unless the dirty looks weren't intended and the curled lips were nervousness.

Either she reacts to difficulty by being mean, or she's so anxious that she seems mean. Either way, you win!

She just messaged me saying shes been bad for far too long & is nearly at pre-cambridge weight & she needs to start dieting again..

Bless her..

I let her know you are well & doing great and that we miss her xoxo

I'm so glad she's started the conversation with herself (if you know what I mean) - I really hope she comes back to the fold soon!

I'm so excited for you.... 4lbs to gooooooo whoop whoop :worthy::happy096:

I've really got to catch up on everyone's threads this weekend! I hope you're well honey xx

FF, you're so right hon - who knows, maybe she was scowling because she's 'fighting a fierce battle' :D xx How're you doing sweetie? You've only got 19lbs to go :eek::clap: Well done!

That's not my goal weight, just my next maximum weight. I'd rather lose another 2 stone after that. I'd feel more human at 12 stone, and when I do reach my goal of 10 stone, I want to manage any gains between 10 and 12 by healthy eating, and anything over 12 must be packs. Makes sense to me, anyway!

That's a really good strategy, are you going to SS for the final 2 stone? Does slim and save have a 'reintroduction of normal food' process to ease you back into everyday life as it were?

Gosh, I think Aunt Flo must be on her way.... I'm so grouchy, bloated and just not dropping in my usual increments right now (serves me right for obsessing on the 'scares' - it's like I have selective amnesia and forget just how detrimental the scales can be!)

All of a sudden I can't keep my eyes open! Well out of 2am to be fair :) Off to bed, here's to an easy on-plan week end xx

You are right not to judge the girl and I love the fierce battle quote. And given the overall madness that seems to characterise that workplace I think a bit of weird behaviour is forgivable. Don't give up on being A&E to so the CIPD. I was fortunate in having mine paid for early on in my career but been wanting to do the coaching for ages but only now that I'm a double income household is it a possibility. Keep the thought out there and things will eventually fall into place.

Hope you are having a weekend that is the antidote to grouchiness :)

Back