Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Nearly home time for you!

I'm getting through day 2 by sleeping as much as possible! It's the only time I like my job. Working from home means I don't have to expend any energy so keep the dizziness at bay.

What symptoms do you get going into ketosis? I think I get them all!

Pounding head, sorry temper, tiredness, feeling like I'm on the verge of the flu... And on and on and on.... And I'm snapping at everyone so much in getting on my own nerves!

The most interesting thing to note is that this is worse because I overdosed on carbs during my spectacular leap from grace. Carbs just do not agree with me at all - not when I've eaten them, and not when I'm detoxing them from my system.

I had a glorious long bath, but the SB is out until 9:30 so I won't be able to collapse into bed just yet :mad: I'm so sleeeepy :zz:

Oh Bev! You have had a difficult week... Hope things looking up now xx

Day 2 here you come!!! :D

I'm feeling amazingly chipper this morning :D

The headache is gone and I'm on a roll.... Roll on the 13s!!!!! (it's also an interesting fact that in all previous attempts at this plan, I have, without fail, started acting the a*se at 14st 7lbs and all the lower 14s..... So now I know better..... Watch me shine :cool:)

Thanks Bonkers and Clinquant! I had a lovely recuperative night and now I'm ready to WIN! :party0011:

FF and Kira? How we doing lovelies? xx

That's interesting you say that. I think that's why I'm finding it so hard to trust myself now as I worry I may be entering 'acting the a*se' territory, as it will now be known. Let's see if we can smash through those psychological stone barriers and get into an 'acting the grown up' phase.

Hear! Hear!

This time does feel different - I've snatched myself back onto the straight and narrow before I went dangerously too far..... I with you all the way on this one: let's smash through the barriers to the "acting the adult" stage :D xx

Well done Bev! Day 2 for you! Alas, I self sabotaged yesterday BUT today I am doing ok! I think I am going to get through today and get a day 1 under my belt. Just had a second pack and hoping that I can hold off the next one until at least 6pm or as last as possible. I am off out shortly as i have been getting cabin fever as been housebound since Saturday. Hope the rest of the day is a breeze for you.

You've done brilliantly, Bev. The hardest part is not keeping on the wagon, it's getting back on it when it seems to be hurtling off without you. It's so, so easy to say 'tomorrow, next week, at the weekend, monday' for months and months, I think we've all been there! I'm really proud of myself for getting back on it when I intended to. I was off plan for an extra day, but that's because I didn't plan well enough and didn't have any packs with me here.

Anyway, I've been weighing on the scales here which are in kgs. I assumed that way I could track it without being put off by the numbers because I don't understand them. I think I'm now at the weight I was before I came off plan, so anything else is fresh fat. That means I did minimal damage if it's off in 2 days. I lost on the first couple of days of eating, but gained in Paris (which I expected) and had some emotional chocolate when I woke up in a panic on Friday night about a parking ticket I'd forgot to pay. It's good that I can I'm on day 3 now, not quite in ketosis but feeling good and in no way tempted to cheat.

This being in control lark is pretty good, eh? We're totally kicking butt!

(Hopefully smaller butts very soon, too).

I'm the Queen of Self Sabotage! lol what we have to remember is that we're all in this together and this thread definitely gives me a boost when I read it!

I've self sabotaged myself all bloomin' week this week! So annoyed as I only have 5 weeks and 2 days til holiday and I still look awful in my bikinis and I so want another 10lbs off!!! grrrr Starting to introduce calories this week, as of Saturday, going to 810 so that I can ramp up to 1000/1200 for holiday.

Think of how far we've come! xxxxx

I have been having a bit of a strange time, im actually doing really well on the diet, i think its freaking me out a bit because i just want to eat stuff. I havent fallen off the wagon as such yet, although every day I "cheat" - but i just have something low carb, its kind of part of the plan for me, because i like cheating, psychologically, today i just burnt the pants off my kids lunch pizza so i took all the burnt meat off and ate it lol, its not going to affect ketosis but it will affect calories.

I know i am doing great as i have lost 33lbs in 4 weeks but its weird how my mood has really dropped. drunk like a litre of coke zero this morning lol. I need to keep myself under control before i go off the deep end.

here is the link to my diary bev as you requested ;)
http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/337827-kats-cambridge-diary-first-timer.html

Well done Bev! Day 2 for you! Alas, I self sabotaged yesterday BUT today I am doing ok! I think I am going to get through today and get a day 1 under my belt. Just had a second pack and hoping that I can hold off the next one until at least 6pm or as last as possible. I am off out shortly as i have been getting cabin fever as been housebound since Saturday. Hope the rest of the day is a breeze for you.

Oh well done Kira, for not giving up - it'ssoooo hard to get 'back on the groove', but as long as you keep trying to find and/or do what works? Success is yours for the taking :)

I've got to catch up on your thread to see why you've been housebound.... Isn't it funny how we all have our triggers? Being out of my house for any reason is mine (when I'm getting back into ketosis).

Stay strong - as Vikki said: we're all in this together & we're rooting for you xx

You've done brilliantly, Bev. The hardest part is not keeping on the wagon, it's getting back on it when it seems to be hurtling off without you. It's so, so easy to say 'tomorrow, next week, at the weekend, monday' for months and months, I think we've all been there! I'm really proud of myself for getting back on it when I intended to. I was off plan for an extra day, but that's because I didn't plan well enough and didn't have any packs with me here.

Anyway, I've been weighing on the scales here which are in kgs. I assumed that way I could track it without being put off by the numbers because I don't understand them. I think I'm now at the weight I was before I came off plan, so anything else is fresh fat. That means I did minimal damage if it's off in 2 days. I lost on the first couple of days of eating, but gained in Paris (which I expected) and had some emotional chocolate when I woke up in a panic on Friday night about a parking ticket I'd forgot to pay. It's good that I can I'm on day 3 now, not quite in ketosis but feeling good and in no way tempted to cheat.

This being in control lark is pretty good, eh? We're totally kicking butt!

(Hopefully smaller butts very soon, too).

Fresh fat? :happy096:
Good for you honey - that's the best news! Don't look back and don't stop..... Er... I may need to use the kg trick to get me past this 'self-sabotage' around the lower 14s! Genius! Thank you lovely :) I hope you've had a fabulous 100% day xx

I'm the Queen of Self Sabotage! lol what we have to remember is that we're all in this together and this thread definitely gives me a boost when I read it!

I've self sabotaged myself all bloomin' week this week! So annoyed as I only have 5 weeks and 2 days til holiday and I still look awful in my bikinis and I so want another 10lbs off!!! grrrr Starting to introduce calories this week, as of Saturday, going to 810 so that I can ramp up to 1000/1200 for holiday.

Think of how far we've come! xxxxx

Oh no! What's happening? I take it you're in holiday mode already and thinking of all that lovely food lol

So. 5 weeks and 2 days. What realistically can you lose to feel better in the bikinis? Don't panic.... This isn't forever, you'll be back on track 100 % post - holiday, so this period is to get you where you want to be, and holding steady at higher calories in time for your vacay xx

I have been having a bit of a strange time, im actually doing really well on the diet, i think its freaking me out a bit because i just want to eat stuff. I havent fallen off the wagon as such yet, although every day I "cheat" - but i just have something low carb, its kind of part of the plan for me, because i like cheating, psychologically, today i just burnt the pants off my kids lunch pizza so i took all the burnt meat off and ate it lol, its not going to affect ketosis but it will affect calories.

I know i am doing great as i have lost 33lbs in 4 weeks but its weird how my mood has really dropped. drunk like a litre of coke zero this morning lol. I need to keep myself under control before i go off the deep end.

here is the link to my diary bev as you requested ;)
http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/337827-kats-cambridge-diary-first-timer.html

Kat, sweetie, step away from the protein..... I speak from hell'a experience (hell'a =hell of a lot. And I mean A LOT). PUT DOWN THE PEPERONI :D

Actually, you are doing FANTASTICALLY well, so dont lose confidence now - summer will be here in a hot second, and just imagine how amazing you'll feel having come so far from where you started?

I'm off to have a nose on your diary; stay focused on the prize sweetie xx

In all honesty Bev, I don't know what it is. I keep looking at my clothes and bikinis and just thinking 10lbs more that's all it will take and it's so doable!! one week on SS and I can get a good 4/5lbs off but then I just keep shovelling crap into my gob. Need to have it sewn shut I think :(

i still have a long way to go but whenever i think i am doing well i do sabotage myself, its just one of those things lol. so far i havent done anything spectactularly bad on this diet, but im sure it will happen lol

That's the main thing with all vlcd plans: the mental battle is where the real hard work lies! We just have to figure out why we keep sabotaging ourselves!!

It's taken me 3 HOURS to log on to this site. I'm thoroughly fed up with technology right now, but will be back later - after I've put on my second load of washing (and that's 2 of 5! What on earth is my Sunshine Boy doing? He has one body. How can he get through so many clothes?)

Stay strong, and let's keep each other going those weekend; something has got to click and bring your mojo back xx

Back