Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

i am also a cambridge returner who has jumped in with both feet - on day 2 not feel too bad keeping myself busy at work till 8 so i dont pick when i get home!!

Anyone else have to keep themselves really busy on this diet to prevent temptation!!!

good luck everyone - we can do this!!!!

welcome to CD returners tottie - good luck :)

Hey Bev

Missing you ... Hope all ok xx

That is a good loss Flare! Remember with vlcds that those of us with smaller amounts to lose don't have big losses always and 2 lbs of fat if you lift a bag of sugar or potatoes will feel pretty big. See in those terms not the numbers alone on the scale. You are so close and 2 more weeks you all be closer to goal.

Bev, hop you are ok and you will come update us soon?

That is a good loss Flare! Remember with vlcds that those of us with smaller amounts to lose don't have big losses always and 2 lbs of fat if you lift a bag of sugar or potatoes will feel pretty big. See in those terms not the numbers alone on the scale. You are so close and 2 more weeks you all be closer to goal.

Bev, hop you are ok and you will come update us soon?

Thanks Kira I am feeling more positive now I'm creeping down the 10s. As you say big losses are impossible when you get to the last lbs - only 12lb to go lol!!

You will probably find you may experience another couple of 2 lb losses and week then on the following weigh in you could have a whoosh. That happened to on CWP when I did that the first time ever a few years ago so you may still have a could of good whooshes too. Think of it this way another 4- 5 weeks and it will most definitely be gone!

BBBEEEEVVVEEEERRRRLLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are you??? get your ass out of free fall and come back here, you know you want to

im heading off to peru in a couple of days so hopefully catch you when i return

jenxx

Boring us? She's an inspiration and she gives me strength!! silly woman - Bev-lar you need to come back and fill us all in :D xx

Yup! I agree Vikki. Bev, my numbers are going in the wrong direction UP not DOWN! Come on let's all bore each other (though I don't get bored by anyone on Minis)

Kira

Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. I know it's the lead up to hols but just calm yourself down, take a few deep breaths and get your head back in the game :) I know how you feel as I was like that before my hols and putting too much pressure on yourself won't help :) xx

Sorry to crash your thread Bev, but need some advice from all the lovely ladies I know use it!

Sooo as a bit of background, hit a BMI of 25 a couple of weeks ago so my consultant moved me to step 2 from Monday 26th May. Since then I've been on and off and on and off but maintained my weight.

I wanted to lose another 10lbs or so before my wedding in 6 weeks but I'm really struggling and I wonder if I should be focusing on maintenance instead?

I know there's no way I'll manage to do the steps properly but think I could def manage 5:2 as a maintenance plan (with maybe a bit of loss).

What should I doooo? Try my hardest to do more weeks on step 2 to lose more? Or accept my current weight (which I do actually feel very good at) and try to maintain for the next few weeks?

I'm so confused!

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/339757-jos-success-story.html

I know a lot of people who maintain on 5:2 but use 4:3 to lose a little more if the scales go up. And the successful ones keep the carbs low on the non fasting days too. Is that an option? And also from observation sometimes it is the striving for those last few pounds that allows you to maintain. If you feel happy now and are going to feel happy in your dress without losing more I would aim for maintenance but be ready to pull it back if you gain one week.

Good luck with it. There are a few of us approaching this stage, so will be interesting to see how you get on. I'll look up your diary and subscribe.

Yeah maybe I should just mentally still be wanting to lose weight but be happy with maintenance.

I think I'd probably be happy in my dress at this stage, I just feel at the moment I have no buffer at all in terms of gain over my wedding/honeymoon as realistically I won't be low carb then.

It's so difficult to know what's best - my gut feeling is that I want to lose more and should stick to plan for a few more weeks but I'm desperately struggling with it.

Morning all. Hope you're all doing ok this week?
Im still finding it hard to cope with feeling hungry all the time, and I can't understand why it hasn't subsided, but I'm staying positive and determined to shift the weight. I've added the bars this week - so far so good but as I said the hunger pains are a distraction :sigh:
Holiday is 8 weeks away so with a bit of luck I'll be near my goal weight. Nothing like a bikini to focus the mind lol!!

Morning all. Hope you're all doing ok this week?
Im still finding it hard to cope with feeling hungry all the time, and I can't understand why it hasn't subsided, but I'm staying positive and determined to shift the weight. I've added the bars this week - so far so good but as I said the hunger pains are a distraction :sigh:
Holiday is 8 weeks away so with a bit of luck I'll be near my goal weight. Nothing like a bikini to focus the mind lol!!

I'm really struggling to be honest, as soon as I went up to step 2 I started wanting to eat all the time.

So I'm dropping back down to SS to re focus myself. Did consider coming off and going on maintenance but I've got my wedding in 6 weeks and not in the right headspace to be putting on / losing /putting on. Think I need to stick to SS/Step 2 pretty much til the wedding and then deal with proper maintenance when I get back.

You've probably got about the same to lose as me so ill keep an eye on how you're doing and we'll try and both get to our goals within our time :)

Come on girls you can do it :)

Chin up and put that first foot forward :)

I'm not on CD now I've moved to Weight Watchers to lose it slowly following my holiday - first week weigh in and I lost 4lbs! Can't believe it :D

Give your heads and wobble and remember - we're all here for each other x

I'm absolutely gutted......I've put 1lb on :( God knows how
totally demoralised
doing step2 and drinking more than my required water consumption
need to decide whether to carry on putting myself through this

Don't get disheartened. What are you eating on Step 2? There might be something slightly out of balance?

I'm absolutely gutted......I've put 1lb on :( God knows how
totally demoralised
doing step2 and drinking more than my required water consumption
need to decide whether to carry on putting myself through this

Oh no :( maybe its the bars? They completely messed me up! Also, being at close to a BMI of 25 does seem to slow down the losses, and some weeks your body might be holding down to water?

Have you got enough time to swop to healthy eating plus exercise before your goal date? And aim for 1lb or so a week?

Back