Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Today's another hard day ? I can't seem to get in the zone at all. I have days where it's great, I don't think about food or what I'm missing out on and then other days (like this week) it's all I can think about ? TOTM is looming, perhaps that's why?

Think happy thoughts, this diet is a hard thing to get on track with but once you are on your on. You have been so successful before and you can be again. I'd be happy at your weight and 1lb off now n then is great at that weight you should be proud.

Well done so far and keep going be strong x

Just a funny moment.... Been at work since 5.30ish this morning so spreading my meals out as only get 3 has been hard!!! Come home with loads to do and make my daughters dinner and lunch for tomo.

I find myself forcing her to rush her dinner because I'm dribbling !!! Then ohhhhhh the cheek of it she asked for my porridge after not finishing hers !!!! Lol I could have cried like a kid and stomped my feet and said no it's mine !!!

Well suppose that's Day 3 for you ;)

Hi HG, welcome aboard the good ship "I'm so bl00dy going to do this" :D - good for you on getting to day 4 now. It's great you have a plan for the weekend.... Unfortunately, I've learnt the hard way that I just can't 'open the box' when it comes to my appetite, as it takes me forever to get that sucker closed again :rolleyes: Good luck, I hope you have an easy breezy day 4 xx

Hi HG, welcome aboard the good ship "I'm so bl00dy going to do this" :D - good for you on getting to day 4 now. It's great you have a plan for the weekend.... Unfortunately, I've learnt the hard way that I just can't 'open the box' when it comes to my appetite, as it takes me forever to get that sucker closed again :rolleyes: Good luck, I hope you have an easy breezy day 4 xx

Morning Beverly,

Thank you for you reply. Trying to be positive about this weekend but I really hope it does not nock me sideways on this road!

Day 4 and I'm ready to rumble ( she says with a rumbling tummy ) excuse the pun.

Well everyone have a great day and Drink responsibly ;) xxx

Flare, I feel your pain. I really do. The approach of TOTM can quite literally send me around the bend, so every month is a fresh new struggle with that "don't let me get me" wailing and misery. I don't have any particular strategy (haven't hit on a winning formula to survive Aunty Flo's visit intact) - BUT here's the only changer I've come up with that helps a bit : don't mentally talk to yourself like you hate yourself. Be as kind to yourself and patient, as you'd be to anyone else. No "what the heck is wrong with me!?!" and more "okay. My great, but you can do this and you'll be fine". I'm so negative and hats on myself sometimes it's ridiculous.... Especially as I know I'm doing the best I can with the tools at hand (ie YEARS of deprogramming needed to combat over/emotional eating).

Don't give up trying, and you'll get there. We're rooting for you hon, and cheering you on xx

I did it!!!!!! :wee::wee::wee: One whole day of SS.... FINALLY!!!! :D

Granted I was in bed by 8pm, but even with the news that I didn't get the job I interviewed for (went to the manager's less qualified friend - who I overheard boasting the day BEFORE the interview she'd been promised the role :eek:), and having to avert a crisis with my Mum and the evil Dementia gremlin perched on her shoulder (she kept trying to call the police, convinced she was been held prisoner).... I had just ONE victory yesterday: I didn't eat. I did it :)

Thank you guys for all your kind words and faith in me when I last faith in myself. Now for day 2! xx

Well done to you day 1 of the new skinny you !!

Xxx

Bev, well done on day 1 Hun :D Against the odds of a truly stressful day you did it and I'm proud if you

Im on the brink this morning :( I have weighed myself this morning and I'm 3lbs heavier than last week. I expected a lb or two after the weekend but I also expected it to be gone by now, 3 days on Step 2 and I'm heavier!!!

Its gonna be be a hard day .........

Bev, well done on day 1 Hun :D Against the odds of a truly stressful day you did it and I'm proud if you

Im on the brink this morning :( I have weighed myself this morning and I'm 3lbs heavier than last week. I expected a lb or two after the weekend but I also expected it to be gone by now, 3 days on Step 2 and I'm heavier!!!

Its gonna be be a hard day .........

Oh dear :( It does show a break really isnt worth it as its so hard to recover. Obviously all our bodies are different but depending on what they've had I've seen ladies say they go up 10lbs overnight! To do this successfully before your hol you may have to submit to no breaks til then :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I agree, when I have done this before the only way to do it really is no breaks!! When I did this when I was 19 it was so so strict !

Now I feel they are much more relaxed with you which then makes you feel like you can have those little breaks.

It's tough but we have to do it how it works for us .......

Me personally I no I should not have a break this weekend, my battle is my husband has planned such a lovely weekend and I'm going to ruin it for my family being a pain .......

Currently have devil on one shoulder and angel on other ! Only difference is devil is saying DONT EAT and angel is saying spend time with your family...

Wrong way round I know :(

Ohhh well day 4 is busy at work so all good and on track with a crafty jump on the scales at home this morning lol xxx

3 cardio sessions in the this week surely must help chip away at those fat cells I'm hauling around my arse and stomach ??!! My face is thinner but it's not my face that's fat lol

i know when I followed this diet before I said I couldn't put my life on hold and I didn't, and still lost almost 2st. I can make this work again I just have to find the magic formula for me.

My my devil is saying you don't need to lose anymore you look alright and the angel is saying you know how fab you feel when you get to 10st .....the problem is I can't stay there, hence why I'm back here

Haha that is funny. Silly little devils and angels. You just need to be the weight that you are comfortable with and healthy at.
Im neither so just enjoying a yummy lemon bar :) lol xx

Day 5 for me loving SS :)

How's everyone doing........

Xx

I fell of the wagon yesterday ? but back on it today
No point giving myself a hard time about it, I can't even explain why, but I am still determined to shift this weight, so started today as a new day

I fell of the wagon yesterday ? but back on it today
No point giving myself a hard time about it, I can't even explain why, but I am still determined to shift this weight, so started today as a new day

You started the day saying it was going to be a hard day yesterday. You had 3 days at 100% and the scales didn't give you instant feedback. It was almost inevitable without a serious bit of mind work that you would go off plan. I don't mean that as a criticism just to bring it to awareness. Knowing why can help stop it happening again. These last pounds are such a struggle and the gains smaller as we have less to lose. The only alternative is to start this as a new day. Hope it's a good one.

I fell of the wagon yesterday ? but back on it today No point giving myself a hard time about it, I can't even explain why, but I am still determined to shift this weight, so started today as a new day

The main thing is you came back and told everyone. The hardest thing is when you hide it!!

I hope today is much better for you... :)

Xx

Bev, how are you doing?

Where is Bev, she is the reason I started on this blog. Her brutal honesty and straight outlook on life are inspiring.

Come back Bev :) xx

I'm still here plodding on
WI on Friday ?
Went to the gym 4 times last week, all cardio work so hoped it would help repair the slip up.
This week my programme has shifted up a gear, more cardio and focussing on core strength - I've been twice so far and going again on Thursday if I can fit it in around work
Surely this will help??!!
Had 2 ok days so far this week but with holiday 3 and a half weeks away I'm starting to feel panicked ? I really thought I would be nearer 10st 3 by now but it seems I'm stuck.....
Hope everyone's having a good week
X

Back