Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

So, the second operation on my wrist has finally worked and I'm on the mend now :) Moving it is bloody painful but I'm determined to get my life back. Physio starts in 4weeks time
Couldnt go on holiday today though, the consultant said it's too early to be going abroad. We're ok about it, will have to claim on holiday insurance and rebook. Got 2 weeks booked in September to look forward to
ive been trying to manage my eating, had no alcohol and drinking my water and today I weigh 10st 4lbs :) 6lbs to get to goal weight.....I am determined now I'm so close
how's everyone doing?
xx

Morning all,

Hope evryone is doing well. I had a fail at the weekend. No idea why as i have been so good for 5 weeks just needed to have a drink and some dinner with the husband as this diet is really making it hard for us in the evenings.

Anyway excuses excuses, back on track yesterday and drinking my water still so hope that wont kill me on sat at weigh in.

Confession over :( sorry xx

Bev! Hope youre around lurking, and if you are, I totally get ya, I've spent the last err... too long to remember actually on and off plan (mainly ofF) not posting, just lurking!

Hope youre doing ok!

For the first time in probably a year I'm on day 6! I've a new CWPC as of last week and things are going well... it's taken forever but just want to know you'll be back, when youre good and ready, and you know that it wont work until you are....gawd knows we've all tried that!#

take care. hope you pop back up soon x

Hi all - just checking in.

Been a while since I've typed anything, mind you it's been four weeks since the last person commented.

Hope you're all ok? xx

Hi Vikki yeah it's been a while.
im doing ok, kept my weight down but not been weighed for a long time. Going on holiday on Saturday so I'll get weighed when I get back and start the road the Christmas party frock lol! Hope you're ok?

Hi Flare :)

Oooh so jealous you're off on hols! I had mine in May! I've slipped off the wagon for a while now. Since May I've put on 11lbs. I've joined weight watchers as I just can't keep doing Cambridge. Back on track now and hopefully lose 2 stone for Christmas! xxx

Hello all, I'm so glad to be back - and i'm hoping good, bad or indifferent I'm here to stay :)

I can't believe it's September already, and I'm so sorry I haven't been on in so long, but life has been insane (to say the least) but my birthday is rapidly approaching (Friday) and I really want to be in ketosis by then!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have kept the blog alive :) I really hope everyone's been doing fantastically well - I can't wait to catch up with all of the news ...

So. I had my surgery on the 31st of July (open knee surgery to debride knee joint, and remove growth), and it hyas been THE longest recovery I have ever endured! My right knee has sustained permanent damage, but surgeon hopes it won't be too 'life inhibiting' once evrything has settled down post surgery. But as you know I've been doing agency work since last December, and six weeks off work = six weeks with no pay. Aaaaand my poor Mum had a nasty fall and has just had an emergency partial hip replacement. Not ideal with her alzeihmers as my poor darling can't consistently remember why she's in pain nor why she's not at home.

All in all, life has consistently been crap ..... but. I look like I'm pregnant, I'm back in my fat clothes and I believe it's time to control at least one area of my life .... so here I am!

Fingers crossed this really is the last restart. Day 1 today, and so far, so good.

I've missed you all so SO much

Bev xx

Hello all, I'm so glad to be back - and i'm hoping good, bad or indifferent I'm here to stay :) I can't believe it's September already, and I'm so sorry I haven't been on in so long, but life has been insane (to say the least) but my birthday is rapidly approaching (Friday) and I really want to be in ketosis by then!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have kept the blog alive :) I really hope everyone's been doing fantastically well - I can't wait to catch up with all of the news ... So. I had my surgery on the 31st of July (open knee surgery to debride knee joint, and remove growth), and it hyas been THE longest recovery I have ever endured! My right knee has sustained permanent damage, but surgeon hopes it won't be too 'life inhibiting' once evrything has settled down post surgery. But as you know I've been doing agency work since last December, and six weeks off work = six weeks with no pay. Aaaaand my poor Mum had a nasty fall and has just had an emergency partial hip replacement. Not ideal with her alzeihmers as my poor darling can't consistently remember why she's in pain nor why she's not at home. All in all, life has consistently been crap ..... but. I look like I'm pregnant, I'm back in my fat clothes and I believe it's time to control at least one area of my life .... so here I am! Fingers crossed this really is the last restart. Day 1 today, and so far, so good. I've missed you all so SO much Bev xx

Hi Beverley
Great to see a fellow returner ?
Just logged on but will read through & try & catch up. Fingers crossed we can crack this x x x

Hello all, I'm so glad to be back - and i'm hoping good, bad or indifferent I'm here to stay :)

I can't believe it's September already, and I'm so sorry I haven't been on in so long, but life has been insane (to say the least) but my birthday is rapidly approaching (Friday) and I really want to be in ketosis by then!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have kept the blog alive :) I really hope everyone's been doing fantastically well - I can't wait to catch up with all of the news ...

So. I had my surgery on the 31st of July (open knee surgery to debride knee joint, and remove growth), and it hyas been THE longest recovery I have ever endured! My right knee has sustained permanent damage, but surgeon hopes it won't be too 'life inhibiting' once evrything has settled down post surgery. But as you know I've been doing agency work since last December, and six weeks off work = six weeks with no pay. Aaaaand my poor Mum had a nasty fall and has just had an emergency partial hip replacement. Not ideal with her alzeihmers as my poor darling can't consistently remember why she's in pain nor why she's not at home.

All in all, life has consistently been crap ..... but. I look like I'm pregnant, I'm back in my fat clothes and I believe it's time to control at least one area of my life .... so here I am!

Fingers crossed this really is the last restart. Day 1 today, and so far, so good.

I've missed you all so SO much

Bev xx

Hey lovely,

Great to see your back and i'm sending you and mummy lots of get well love..

You'll crack it just stay focused and positive.

Mwah! xoxo

It's so good to see so many new and returning faces :)

I'm still fighting the good fight day by day..... It's pretty hard to get into the right head space, but I'm 39 tomorrow - officially time to crack this nut and get busy living. But, speaking of: how does everyone else get in the groove when you're restarting at one of the worst most depressing times of your life? I'm starting to think I'm fooling myself - but it will never be an ideal time to start and being fat and unable to fit into any of my clothes is just making a bad situation more miserable. Words of wisdom greatly appreciated!

Have a brill day everyone xxx

Hello all, I'm so glad to be back - and i'm hoping good, bad or indifferent I'm here to stay :) I can't believe it's September already, and I'm so sorry I haven't been on in so long, but life has been insane (to say the least) but my birthday is rapidly approaching (Friday) and I really want to be in ketosis by then!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have kept the blog alive :) I really hope everyone's been doing fantastically well - I can't wait to catch up with all of the news ... So. I had my surgery on the 31st of July (open knee surgery to debride knee joint, and remove growth), and it hyas been THE longest recovery I have ever endured! My right knee has sustained permanent damage, but surgeon hopes it won't be too 'life inhibiting' once evrything has settled down post surgery. But as you know I've been doing agency work since last December, and six weeks off work = six weeks with no pay. Aaaaand my poor Mum had a nasty fall and has just had an emergency partial hip replacement. Not ideal with her alzeihmers as my poor darling can't consistently remember why she's in pain nor why she's not at home. All in all, life has consistently been crap ..... but. I look like I'm pregnant, I'm back in my fat clothes and I believe it's time to control at least one area of my life .... so here I am! Fingers crossed this really is the last restart. Day 1 today, and so far, so good. I've missed you all so SO much Bev xx

Hello Beverly welcome back, sorry to hear about your mum, how u getting on? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's so good to see so many new and returning faces :) I'm still fighting the good fight day by day..... It's pretty hard to get into the right head space, but I'm 39 tomorrow - officially time to crack this nut and get busy living. But, speaking of: how does everyone else get in the groove when you're restarting at one of the worst most depressing times of your life? I'm starting to think I'm fooling myself - but it will never be an ideal time to start and being fat and unable to fit into any of my clothes is just making a bad situation more miserable. Words of wisdom greatly appreciated! Have a brill day everyone xxx

I think u answered it yourself Hun, it's a very hard time for you but you can motivate yourself on this diet to loose weight by knowing you are taking control of something and in turn it will help you feel a bit better. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy Birthday Bev!! Hope you have something nice planned for yourself.

You have had a really tough time but I think it's life. A really good friend of mine believes we all get the same amount of good and bad in life. Just sometimes it all collides in one short period and that's so testing. The good stuff is coming and as you and others have said - the dieting good stuff is in our control.

Have a great day. X

Welcome back!

I agree with the point about feeling better for being in control.

I would also say that if your emotions are all over the place anyway, eating junk food which will normally be full of sugar and/or chemicals is going to magnify any emotional/hormonal ups and downs. On Cambridge, at least the physical side of that will be under control. I find I deal much much better will emotionally charged situations on plan as I feel steadier.

Hope you find a mind space that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Welcome back!

I agree with the point about feeling better for being in control.

I would also say that if your emotions are all over the place anyway, eating junk food which will normally be full of sugar and/or chemicals is going to magnify any emotional/hormonal ups and downs. On Cambridge, at least the physical side of that will be under control. I find I deal much much better will emotionally charged situations on plan as I feel steadier.

Hope you find a mind space that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I fully agree about being in control, I try not to look at CD as being bad or a horrible time, I'm thinking of how I felt last time. . . . . each time I had to buy a smaller size, each time someone asks have you lost weight, all of the great things I associate with CD.
Try to keep those feelings instead of the negative ones which do creep up on all of us at times, You can do it, we can all do it :)

Welcome back! I've not been around too much either but trying to get back in the groove now I no longer have any excuses not to (and no fitting clothes either)

I think we all know it's not as easy second /third/tenth time around but as my cwpc put it, we're trying, and that's better than not trying!

I've almost finished a whole day! (very big deal!).

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back