The last stone (ish)!

Well, I'm feeling very proud of myself. :worthy: I resisted the biscuits...then the sandwiches.....then the crisps and fizzy juice....and just when I thought I was home-free I resisted the cakes that seem to be permanently hanging around the office lately.
Have had my orange *chocolate* bar and my cup of peppermint tea so am going to do some work now in a haze of self-content.
I know exactly about 'do or die', I've not had much success on 1000 so far, even when I've been good, my poor bod is all messed up from my dieting, but I'm SO determined and tbh if this isn't working I can't imagine I'd have more luck with anything else. So yeah, I'm dedicated till 15th December then I'll probably need to rethink anyway.
Oh, for the simple days of SS..... :rolleyes:

Hi Dobbie! I'm having another wk on 790 as I gained 2 pounds, mortified, its gotta be my monthly (came on day b4 weigh in) coz I don't measure any different but talk about peeing me off, 12 pounds to go sounds so much less than a stone!! Anyway, I better get a good loss next wk! I went back to the gym on Monday (and Wed) and felt fine, infact because I'm lighter it was more manageable tbh never thought about the vlc situation! I think you will be fine especially on 1000! How exciting eh doing 'normal' diet stuff!!! What day do you WI?

Evening all

Well done Lilly on resisting temptation! Come on Dobbie, you can do this just that last little bit and we will be gorgeous come Christmas. Welcome on board Lilly - another gym person - you are all going to shame me into going soon!!

Well my chicken with a bit of tandoori paste is in the oven, not having milk so will have a tablespoon of fat free yog and some salad with it - yummy.

Have great evenings everyone.

Gx

Porgeous said:
you are all going to shame me into going soon

If I hadn't been driven to it by about 4 weeks with no real loss I probably wouldn't be there either! Used to love it and have to admit finding it quite addictive again, although I get static shocks off the treadmill if I don't hold onto the bar the whole time!
Did my sesh last night although I didn't have the energy for my wee swim afterwards, but still a good effort. Then had my yummy quorn sausages for tea!
Hoping for another good day today, although facing yet another meeting this morning with biscuits. Should prolly be too busy keeping the record to be tempted though!
Scales don't seem to be budging much so far this week but weigh-in not till Monday so will hopefully a couple of pounds will decide to disappear by then.
Hope you're all having a good morning and positive vibes for the day ahead
:grouphugg:

Survived the biscuits but otherwise had a completely crap day work-wise. My boss is making me absolutely insane. By 5 I felt completely knackered and grumpy and couldn't make myself go to the gym
All I wanted was a large bottle of wine and an equally large bar of chocolate (soooo tempted) but I didn't. Had my quorn burgers & mushrooms and I feel a bit better now. Kettles just boiled for my peppermint tea so gonna dig in for the night with my duvet and my teddy (monkey with a lavender smelly tummy), feel sorry for myself a bit (only a bit, coz I DID resist temptation) and try and be a bit perkier for tomorrow.
Hope everyone else has had a better day and all fired up for the weekend.

HUGS Claire sorry you've had such a lousy day it certainly doesn't make life any easier does it. Well done on resisting temptation I know you don't feel it now but you will be so proud and pleased you did come the morning. I'm so jealous of your smelly monkey sounds fabby! I've just had some chicken baked in foil with a little water and cajun spice which was yummy - this food is still a bit of a novelty for me.

Tuck yourself up and I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Georgie
xx

Well, I survived the weekend (hardest time for me, only worse than evenings coz it's longer! Not that I'd give 'em up for anything). Dossed around a bit on Saturday then was on one of the Jack the Ripper walks in the evening with Bytey from the 'Pink' forum.
Sunday I went to Lush (I LOVE LUSH:bliss:) and got two bubble bars and the chocolate face-mask (since I can't have the edible stuff). Stayed in the bath till I was good'n'wrinkly! Very excited after reading Lush Times to find they've lots of lovely solid perfumes now, including some of my faves, so off for a sniff at lunchtime.
Weigh-in tonight and I've been really good this week so hoping for a decent result!
Dobbie's obviously too busy tapping away under her pseudonym lately.... how's everyone else doing?

Pound and a quarter off, an inch off my hips. Rounded it up to 2 for the purposes of the November Challenge (since that was what it was on Boots scales earlier and I have totm). The real issue is that a) the 1 1/4 is over two weeks and b) I'm not supposed to HAVE totm... period LOL. So one little niggly bit of my head is saying not only have you put all that pressure on yourself for not much result (9lbs in 10 weeks) but also it's affecting your health. I haven't been a saint but even when I haven't been 100% I've been careful, and have been getting more exercise and everything. The other is saying well, if you just stick with it you'll get there eventually and really, what else are you going to do? If I'm not shifting weight on this, what chance do I have on anything else? My sensible side is saying that my body's just a bit messed up at the moment and I'm grouchy because of stupid hormones but :cry::cry::cry: it's times like that the sensible side isn't very convincing!

Hi Claire

The sensible side might not be convincing but it is talking sense, you are TOTM which we all know affects losses and the way I reason things is better to be doing this and able to stick to it and lose 1-2lbs than do something else we can't stick to and lose nothing. Please don't be too downhearted about your loss, I have lost 1lb last week and 2.5lb this week which isn't great but usual standards but I have reasoned with myself that it is in the right direction and I am happy on the diet. Let's stick with it and keep going - the finishing post is in sight for both of us and we will get there. Big HUGS, treat yourself to something or a little bit of pampering.

Georgie
xx

Thank you! Feel better this morning, really do think it's probably hormonal grouchiness but that's why the forum's so good - helps get the sympathy/kick up the backside when you need it!
:thankyou:
Glad to hear you're still moving in the right direction too and hope you're having an easier time of it at the moment. :hug99:

Back