The lesser of 2 evils...? x

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by letsgetlosing, 26 March 2011 Social URL.

1. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Am having a few friends tonight. Food wont be a problem as I am cooking and it will be 100% within my Green Plan.
    Its the alcohol bit.. :)
    I drink both wine or lager. Now. I have some lite pilsner beers which are 50cl- 126 cals. Not bad I thought. Now it will be a bit of a boozy night(hubby Bday) and I will easily drink 4 of these.
    Or do I stick to white wine, which is about 65cals per 100mls. Now i would probably drink a bottle of this.
    I suppose what I am asking is... I know alcohol is empty calories and not good for the diet...but is one of them a better choice?:break_diet:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Well, my rather dodgy maths would suggest that the beers are less syns - if you stick to 4. Personally though, I think you would get better value out of the wine if you're after having a bit of a boozy celebration. As your food will all be on plan and the alcohol is the only 'naughty' bit I would just choose what you prefer. It's only one night and you could cut back your syns a little tomorrow to make up for it. Have a great time! (By the way, which lager is it - that is pretty good value for a big can?!)

4. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    its a turkish beer, called efes lite :)

5. autumnflower

autumnflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(7.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd have one small glass of wine, possibly topped up with soda to make it last longer and use the rest of your syns in the beer!

6. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I'd say get some diet lemonade and add to which ever you would prefer to drink to make it a longer drink and enjoy your evening :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.