The life and times of a fat bird

Hey Trueleame
I had a quick look in coast last week just to get an idea of size and styles etc. Tried on a fab dress but I couldn't close it..hence the new target. As I'm getting married so some and out of season I haven't seen anything in any of the Bridal shops. So I'm hoping after sitting TFR for a month or so I might be able to close so dresses and give me a better idea of what they'll look like. Nothing over an 16 will be bought

pinkkaz ... don't go by high street sizing for your wedding dress as they aren't the same. I went in last week and I actually got a size 14 on my body ...ok it wouldn't shut properly or anywhere close to but I got it on and I'm NO WAY near a 14 in any clothing. Unless your going to buy from a highstreet shop I wouldn't pay too much attention to them ;)

Also I found you roughly need 20weeks to get your dress ordered in ;) and they can normally take them down 3 dress sizes from what you order :) as the dress I love gets discontinued in March so I have to order a size by February at the latest x x x

Cheers for the advice. I'm finding the process a little stressful to be honest. Just the issue regarding dresses. There is no point in shopping for a dress at the moment because I want to shift a few lbs but because I'm having a summer wedding in 9 weeks I'm panic about what I'll wear...god dang surprise. I was really tempted to buy the coast dress I loved. But I made a promise to myself a few months ago regarding clothes 'if it doesn't fit well enough to leave the shop wearing it than put it back on the rack'. I think I just have the fear in me I won't lose enough weight....

Your will get there

Hiya Chick

I'm so glad your back on track. You will do it as you have no greater motive. Ive just completed my first week and know it is hard but you know the benefits to our health and well being will be amazing.

Like you i eat with every emotion food is my demon. Its hard to break the habit but you know take it one day at a time and when you next get on those scales think of every pound as a mile you have walked to achieve your dream and you know you will get there.

I need to lose at least 70lb and know i couldn't walk 70 miles in one go, so im taking 1 mile at a time... Are you joining me lol.

I am on FB if you want to chat
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002930942155

love jen x

Hi there

Well everyone I've been dipping in and out of this site for a while but now I think it's time to add my story..even if it just keeps me honest.

I've always be overweight...it just varied between 3-6 stone. I get angry with myself that I let food control my life so much. I was due to have my 3rd way in this week but I jumped head first off the wagon..So bad I ignore the awful heartburn to continue eating...

Anyway I was tucking into dinner yesterday and my pharmacist called me (she is lovely..and such good support). So after a good chat she convinced to go back on the plan and she isn't even going to weight me this week (I feared I put back on the 14lbs I lost in the previous 2 weight in.
I was given a year to get my BMI down to under 30 as I'm on the waiting list for a fertility clinic and I was suppose to lose 3 stone within that time. All I successfully did was put up a stone..so now I've 4 stone. All my overeating is preventing me from having the thing I want most in the world yet I still can't stop myself from doing it.

So to keep myself honest I'm going to make an entry everyday where possible. The only thing last week thought me is I eat for every emotion..happy, sad, bored, annoyed, stressed, and sometimes just too fill the time..So to counter act that I'm going to keep myself busy....Idle hands is the devils work eh...
Anyway hello to anyone who took the time to read my post. I hope to get to know you all better in the future.

Kazzy

Hi Pinkkaz

It's been great reading your thread your so funny !! god what a whirl wind few weeks for you :) I wish you the best in the wedding dress hunt and stick with this and you will get the dress you deserve keep us posted x

Back