The " light bulb moment "

katsmad64

Just wondering if many of you have had that "light bulb moment " when you decided to do something about your weight ? I did a few years ago and just became focused and didn't want or need junk food anymore and lost weight every week and although I never regained all the weight I can't seem to get the same motivation although I do try everyday :/ I still need to loose 3 stone and hope to get there for my 50th next December I know that this is achievable if I get myself back in gear !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely! I lost most of my weight through weight watchers I lost 4.5stone, then took a break. When I tried going back I just couldn't do it so that's when I gave slimming world a go, the change really helped me :)

Mine wasn't so much light bulb... It was total miserable pits of despair tears and snot breakdown one day where I just felt utterly utterly fed up with myself.

I have to get so low before I do anything about myself, it's ridiculous!!

For me there were many factors that built up over years - health problems related to PCOS, dodgy knees and depression; gradually not fitting into my beautiful clothes any more; feeling uncomfortable being seen by my bf; realising I hadn't seen a photo I liked of myself for about two years; feeling increasingly uncomfortable bending over or squeezing into my jeans.

I tried Paul McKenna's approach but it stressed me out having to focus so hard on food all the time, and I wasn't convinced it could actually work for me beyond a few lbs off.

In the end a few things conspired for me: I felt generally toxic, having had a few vitamin deficiencies diagnosed and a couple of unexplained health issues and constant acne. I finally hit the BMI 30 mark, meaning I was officially 'obese'. And several friends in the space of a year lost a few stone each on Slimming World. This coincided with me finally getting a job with decent pay and a year's contract, and some other areas of life settling down. I figured if I can't do it now, I never will.

Back