The Long road to the new me...Yikes!

biggirl86

Postaholic/lurker!
Hi everyone!

I've been taking a look at this site for a while now and thought that it was about time to take the plunge and start my own blog.

I'm starting the Weight Watchers diet on Monday so I thought I'd keep you all informed as to how it goes from then.
I thought I would join this site and start a blog because I've looked at other poeple's blogs and everyone seems so nice and supportive. It's great that we are all in the same boat!

Any, a history into the life of me!
At the moment I'm 21 and weigh in at a disappointing 16 Stone!! I was always heavier but I never looked it and was still fitting in size 10-12. Now I'm lucky if I can even find a pair of jeans that fit me! I think I put on weight because I moved out of the centre of town so was now going out to clubs as much. When I went out I would dance a lot so would stay fit. Now I hardly go out at all.
I decided that I needed to lose weight so that I can finally go shopping without crying because I can't find clothes to fit.
My boyfriend is really supportive and loves me the way I am but he agrees that I could do with losing a bit of weight and even offered to do this with me as he has a couple of pounds to shed too.

All in all, I have around 5 stones to lose which is huge but I think with support, I can do it. I've decided to do WW online only because I don't really have the time to go to meetings. I did like the idea someone had of saving the money that I would have spent on the meeting to speand on an outfit when I am at my ideal weight. That is a superb idea!!

I'm gonna try and update this everyday from Monday (I'm currently ordering my shopping online to arrive on Sunday) but I am looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Speak soon!!!

Cat xx:party0011:

PS. I've decided to set myself some mini goals too as 5 stone is a lot to lose. I think I'll do a stone at a time as that will give me encoragement.

Hey Cat, welcome aboard!

I don't regularly reply to diaries but felt I should here as basically.

I am the same age as you.

1 and a half years ago I was bang on 16 stone when I started. Up until December this year I went it alone trying healthy eating and dropped just over 1 stone. Since coming here I have lost 20 lbs. The support is great.

Hopefully on Monday I will hit 13 stone, losing 3 stone all in from my heaviest.

Basically this is saying, it can be done. I seem to line up fairly similar to you (minus being male) and I am one of the "if I can do it anyone can" kind of people.

Good luck :)

Welcome aboard :) Hope youll be posting on the WW section too :)

good luck with your diet honey.. and any support you need through it.. we're always here with open arms and ears to listen with (or eyes to see your typing i guess)..
Loadsa love
Cat x x x

I'm already getting worried that I wont be able to do this.

I've never been on a diet before and I think that I will fail... I guess that is really bad?

I already suffer from low self esteem and although I know that losing weight will help with that I think that I will mess it up.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?:(

Words of wisdom??

* You CAN get to where you want to be!!:)

* We will hold your hand and help as much as you want us to!:)

* Stick on here and you will definitely raise your self-esteem!!:)

* You have 5 stone to lose which you say is "huge" to you. I have around 8 stone to lose so you are with people who understand ;):D

Lacey..xx

Hi, you could keep goals lower - 7lbs as you get a silver 7 at weight watchers for that! You'll start living for your silver 7's :eek:

Don't be too hard on yourself, you cant fail as long as you keep going, infact it's impossible!
I found writing alot helps, and i'm glad your OH is supporting you too, it makes it easier.
best of luck and although 5 stone sounds like a lot to lose, after 1 stone you'll really feel the difference - after 2 you'll be feeling exstatic, and after 3 you'll just be so on cloud 9 it wont be funny!

Back