Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Long road to the new me...Yikes!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by biggirl86, 9 February 2008 Social URL.

1. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    Hi everyone!

I've been taking a look at this site for a while now and thought that it was about time to take the plunge and start my own blog.

I'm starting the Weight Watchers diet on Monday so I thought I'd keep you all informed as to how it goes from then.
    I thought I would join this site and start a blog because I've looked at other poeple's blogs and everyone seems so nice and supportive. It's great that we are all in the same boat!

Any, a history into the life of me!
    At the moment I'm 21 and weigh in at a disappointing 16 Stone!! I was always heavier but I never looked it and was still fitting in size 10-12. Now I'm lucky if I can even find a pair of jeans that fit me! I think I put on weight because I moved out of the centre of town so was now going out to clubs as much. When I went out I would dance a lot so would stay fit. Now I hardly go out at all.
    I decided that I needed to lose weight so that I can finally go shopping without crying because I can't find clothes to fit.
    My boyfriend is really supportive and loves me the way I am but he agrees that I could do with losing a bit of weight and even offered to do this with me as he has a couple of pounds to shed too.

All in all, I have around 5 stones to lose which is huge but I think with support, I can do it. I've decided to do WW online only because I don't really have the time to go to meetings. I did like the idea someone had of saving the money that I would have spent on the meeting to speand on an outfit when I am at my ideal weight. That is a superb idea!!

I'm gonna try and update this everyday from Monday (I'm currently ordering my shopping online to arrive on Sunday) but I am looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Speak soon!!!

Cat xx:party0011:

PS. I've decided to set myself some mini goals too as 5 stone is a lot to lose. I think I'll do a stone at a time as that will give me encoragement.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. puggso_32

puggso_32 Right to the 'point'

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW
    Hey Cat, welcome aboard!

I don't regularly reply to diaries but felt I should here as basically.

I am the same age as you.

1 and a half years ago I was bang on 16 stone when I started. Up until December this year I went it alone trying healthy eating and dropped just over 1 stone. Since coming here I have lost 20 lbs. The support is great.

Hopefully on Monday I will hit 13 stone, losing 3 stone all in from my heaviest.

Basically this is saying, it can be done. I seem to line up fairly similar to you (minus being male) and I am one of the "if I can do it anyone can" kind of people.

Good luck :)

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. biggirl86

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    Worried

I'm already getting worried that I wont be able to do this.

I've never been on a diet before and I think that I will fail... I guess that is really bad?

I already suffer from low self esteem and although I know that losing weight will help with that I think that I will mess it up.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?:(

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You can totally do it! Believe me, if I can - anyone can. The WW board tends to be a wee bit quieter on the weekends but dont let that put you off. Youll get loads of motivation, help & support here.

WW is a FANTASTIC diet, I dont know why anyone would want to do anything else ;)

Dont think youll fail... tell yourself this is your first AND LAST diet

7. biggirl86

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    Thanks!

I will try and keep it up!!:)

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Do! Have a look at the WW food diaries section, youll be amazed at how much people on MM eat and STILL lose weight ;)

9. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    good luck with your diet honey.. and any support you need through it.. we're always here with open arms and ears to listen with (or eyes to see your typing i guess)..
    Loadsa love
    Cat x x x

10. biggirl86

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    Thanks Starlight,

I will defo take a look at the food diaries to give me some ideas!

Thanks everyone else for your support!

11. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Words of wisdom??

* You CAN get to where you want to be!!:)

* We will hold your hand and help as much as you want us to!:)

* Stick on here and you will definitely raise your self-esteem!!:)

* You have 5 stone to lose which you say is "huge" to you. I have around 8 stone to lose so you are with people who understand ;):D

Lacey..xx

12. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    Hi, you could keep goals lower - 7lbs as you get a silver 7 at weight watchers for that! You'll start living for your silver 7's :eek:

Don't be too hard on yourself, you cant fail as long as you keep going, infact it's impossible!
    I found writing alot helps, and i'm glad your OH is supporting you too, it makes it easier.
    best of luck and although 5 stone sounds like a lot to lose, after 1 stone you'll really feel the difference - after 2 you'll be feeling exstatic, and after 3 you'll just be so on cloud 9 it wont be funny!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.