The magazine..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Littleslimmingbee, 21 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey girls and boys..

Just thought i'd ask for your opinion..

Theres a lady at class who keeps telling me i should apply to be in the magazine, she tells me everytime i see her that i am her inspiration, she has taken about 9 months to lose 10 and half pounds. . and this made me feel really emotional, that in a situation where i may have given up she was still trying and that i gave her hope, i know she has struggled a bit. I am very lucky that my weight has come easily.

Anyways, she brang it up alot in the past, even during image therapy. But the past few weeks she hasnt been coming, and i think she's stopped trying. I dont really know her, and have no way of contacting her, or even know her name to ask my consultant. This has made me think, and maybe i would like to apply for the magazine? I'd like to be able to share my story, even if i could only encourage one person to join and loose weight, i'd feel so happy.

However, i bought this months magazine yesterday, and on page17, theres a couple who have lost 19 stone 13 pounds between them :eek:

im almost feeling that my weightloss may not deserve to be in the mag.. but i really want to help people and encorouge people.. if i can do it, anyone can.. and being younger, i feel like it'd encourge younger people to tackle thier weight, theres a big mis-conception that slimming groups are for older people.. and its not..its for everyone.. if they want to they can! I really wanna tell my story, but im a bit nervous!! Theres no garentee i'd even make it into the magazine anyways, but i just want to know what you all think?? xxxxxx

jaylou likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Go for it Fern!! My consultant gave me the forms to fill out but I decided not to do it, I get nagged all the time to fill them out but don't really want to be in the mag.

However, whether you have lost one stone or ten stone, it is a story in itself and one worth telling. I would say go for it, there have been people in the mag who have lost 2 or 3 stone and those who have lost 15 stone and I read and am inspired by them all.
    Go for it girl!!! I'd love to read your story. We need a mini in the mag!

4. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.6%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Every story has the potential to be inspirational - it's not how much you lose but sometimes how you do it and keep it off.
    I think if it's something you want to do then do it - what's stopping you. If they chose you for the mag then they feel you should be in it - you have nothing to lose by trying :D.

5. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Really??? you all think so?? Maybe they'l put my puppy in there too.. after all.. she does nick all my food.. i can tell them thats how i lost it all ahah x

I think im gunna do it!! x

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yay!! Go for it Saint Fern!!

7. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's right...there are stories in there about people who've lost 1½ stone and those who've lost 10½ stone. From one extreme to the other, it's inspirational. People like us need stories about people like us. It's no good only having stories about the big losers, because what about the lass who just wants to lose a stone, but it seems like a massive challenge or too much hard work.

Do it, Saint Fern, do it!

8. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    hehe, saint Fern!! x

9. Cherryade

Cherryade Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.7lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    Atkins / Low Carb
    o0o0o0o0 how exciting!! Defo do it Saint Fern :) youre an inspiration!

10. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do it ! I love reading how everyone else tailored the plan to have their own successes.
    Good Luck

Jill

11. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I agree with everything everyone has said on here so.....GO FOR IT FERN!!!!! xx

12. shrinkingalice

shrinkingalice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    you've already made an impression here and at your group so why not for others in the SW world. As soon as I saw this post by your username i thought ooh im gonna read that coz its Saint Fern lol! x

13. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Okay, i'v written out an email, and have found my good photos from when i was big, but have realised i have no decnt photos that are up to date, so figuring that im going away this weekend and there will be lots of photos, i will take some photos and send it all off monday xxx

good luck!! x

*angie* likes this.
  14. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    don't sell yourself short, every weight loss is an inspiration - so firstly congratulations! I'm a young person too (20 next month) and your right there is a lot stigma around slimming groups, but nevertheless, you went, you saw, you conquered! I think anyone who can loose weight and keep it off is bloody brilliant, so congrats again and go for it!

15. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey all.. iv sent my stuff off for it, so will let you know when i hear anything back :)

here are the pickys i sent them .. what do u think?

may2009 004.jpg

may2009 005.jpg

may2009 006.jpg

may2009 007.jpg

xxxx

16. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    wow Fern, you're stunning! You're avatar doesnt do you justice! Lovely pics and you look fab as a brunette!

17. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My god, Fern, you are absolutely stunning!!!!!! You look fantastic. I just had to show my BF too (he is also impressed - glad you dont live around here haha).
    Definately go for the magazine, you have done brilliantly. You have really be soooooo supportive for so many people on here so just think of all the people you can reach and be inspiration for if you got in the magazine. EXCITING!!! x x x x x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Wow Fern, you are stunning!!!

Where are your before pics chick? I reckon you should be in the mag for sure!

20. Beki

Beki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    wow you're gorgeous! You've done so well, i think you'll have no probs getting into the mag! :D xxxx

21. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(20.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you look amazing go 4 it!

and yeh its good to hear about young people doing it as there is a misconception that its for older ladies, theres loadza young people on the forum too which is great! :)

good luck with your application

X

22. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    One quick question for you Fern. How old are you? Hope you dont mind me asking, if you do then just tell me to stop being so bloomin nosey!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.