The Mental Side of Things

Benny

I have been on 100% TFR now for over 3 days and I dont feel to bad. I have managed to clear all the food from the house so temptation is not much of an issue and have been completely unsociable this weekend.

I havent felt to hugury scince ive started only about 5/10 but what I am really stuggling with is convincing my head that I dont need to eat.

I spend 10mins this morning staring at the cat food bowl wondering what the food tasted like (I did manage to control myself)

Watching the TV today was like touture, never before have I realised how much socially our lives revolve arround food, Even watching Wall.E with my niece today reminded me of food, that plant looked really tasty!

I dream of food and all I think about all day is food, yet 90% of the time Im not hungury.

Cant anyone help with dealing with the mental side of things I could really do with some tips and tricks if anybody has any!

Thanks
Ben

This might sound a little strange but for me, being around food, smelling it and watching cooking programs actually help me with obsessing with thoughts of food lol
Watching cooking programs help in the same way as when you cook a meal for everyone but then dont feel like eating it (for me anyway), this might really not work for other people and might be too tempting, just wanted to post my opinion and what helps me lol x

I have been on 100% TFR now for over 3 days and I dont feel to bad. I have managed to clear all the food from the house so temptation is not much of an issue and have been completely unsociable this weekend.

I havent felt to hugury scince ive started only about 5/10 but what I am really stuggling with is convincing my head that I dont need to eat.

I spend 10mins this morning staring at the cat food bowl wondering what the food tasted like (I did manage to control myself)

Watching the TV today was like touture, never before have I realised how much socially our lives revolve arround food, Even
watching Wall.E with my niece today reminded me of food, that plant looked really tasty!

I dream of food and all I think about all day is food, yet 90% of the time Im not hungury.

Cant anyone help with dealing with the mental side of things I
could really do with some tips and tricks if anybody has any!

Thanks
Ben

I've eyed up the cat food too Benny when I was doing 100%..... it's when you start eyeing up the cat too that you've got to
worry:eek:

Good luck, the feelings will pass.......then come back again......then pass!

This might sound a little strange but for me, being around food, smelling it and watching cooking programs actually help me with obsessing with thoughts of food lol
Watching cooking programs help in the same way as when you cook a meal for everyone but then dont feel like eating it (for me anyway), this might really not work for other people and might be too tempting, just wanted to post my opinion and what helps me lol x

The cooking programmes work for me too, and taking some kind of exercise helps to get me out and into the fresh air..

When i initially began LT in Aug i loved cooking for others, watching the shows, smelling my OH's food even dreaming of food this time im a bit different maybe i just need a few more days to settle back into it! but my cravings this time are feel more unbearable than last time....roll on march and im done!!!!!

Thanks for the comments all!

I hit a mile stone today and am sooo proud of myself I managed to sit a table with 10 other people eating today during a lunch break in a boaring all day meeting! I didnt give into temptation and I didnt feel hungry. Iam starting to think that I might just have the will power to see this through.

Now time to settle down with my shake and watch some cooking shows!! Thanks again :D

Back