The MzPiggy Diary....

Hello, how are you doing today? :)
Hi Rose, had a great day, been to a bbq and met up with people i havent seen for years, loads of food and i stuck to pasta and salad, didn't even care how i looked etc because with these folk it really doesnt matter, we really understand each other, we all grew up in nazereth house in Glasgow we have a LOT in common, so hows you doin?:)

I'm good thanks :)

sounds like a lovely day and sunny too!!!! you can't beat scotland in the sunshine :)

I was out and about today at nurse's appt with my 3/4 length light trousers on and a strappy top, okay, i'm not a supermodel, but with my weight loss so far, i felt so much lighter.....i DID want to put a jacket on, but just TOO hot, so braved it and went without...so a step in the right direction methinks!!!! ( I was relieved to get back indoors though ;( ) och well, never mind!!!!

Good for you RR, how many dress sizes you lost since you started? im still 24/26, although i have trousers that i could zip up but every time i sat down the zip would be forced open a wee bit, and sounded as if i was farting, that was rotten cos im not sue whats worse, folk thinking you're farting all the time or you're so fat your trousers cant cope under the strain, anyway.. wearing them today and the zipper aint farted once.
I am determined to be a size 18 at christmas, 3-4 sizes to lose, is that realistic should i aim for a size 20?
Had a good day, cleaning windows and being really good wi the diet, and its really not difficult, not watched the dvd today but always listen to the cd before i get out of bed in the morning, expecting next week to be an issue cos totm due and i could be on the olympic stuff your face with anything edible team.

I have gone down to a 22/24 from a 26/28!!!! I reckon with every stone lost, a dress size drops :) so I imagine you may well be an 18 (or less???) by christmas :)...i'm hoping for an 16/18 (please God :) ) by christmas day..but anything is going to be better than the 'tight' 26/28 of last christmas!!!! :(

I stayed clear of zipped trousers :)..almost everything i owned had an elasticated waist..for comfort!

what's your plans for today?

Thanks CCL,
I am surprising myself at how well im doin, really did have a ball at the bbq, loads of food that just a few weeks ago i would have gone at like a woman possessed, and now i genuinely just dont want it, the first time i have tried to lose weight and not felt like im missing out or the 'o poor me i cant eat what everyone eat'
Its only week 2 but if i keep feeling like this i will definitely do it this time, but i think im feeling even more ashamed of my body than i used to, feeling very inferior to skinny folk, like im in some way offensive to look at (like seeing someone sneezing on your food), maybe its a side effect of the cd but i dont think so, more likely to be my own subconscious forcing me to succeed this time and of course these feelings will subside as the weight diminishes.
Four days till weigh day, hoping for 2lbs, 4 would be great cos then i will have lost a full stone, but not as realistic as 2.
Im certain it will be a loss so the amount isnt all that important.

Im just poppin on to write this in so i can look back on it if i start doubting my ability to succeed this time.
Didnt tell hubby this time i was trying to lose weight because, without exception, he starts buying me chocolates or any number of calorie laden food (which i USED to find irresistible) well it dawned on him last night that i was no longer eating takeaways, so today he brought in fish and chips for lunch from the chip shop, my absolutely favorite takeaway food, even though he delivers for baguette express, anyway the kids are delighted as they have never had a fish supper at lunch time before, in the past i would have said 'well he went to the bother so i should just eat it, or aww, he was thinking about me, but today i had absolutely no problem saying 'no thank you' so bring it on luv, i aint budging, im doing it this time, im expecting chocolates and a chicken chow mien tonight -the badgers will be pleased (he working in a chinese takeaway tonight) he can dip brad pitt in chocolate if he wants, im doin it this time !!

Your next weigh in will be fine hun you are doing so well :)
Dont be so hard on yourself as far as other peoples thoughts are they do not matter im sure its just the fact you know your on a diet thats making you think this way just think your on the right road to slimville :)

We can do this keep up the great work xx

Finally found your diary. Sorry to hear about your sad losses within the family. Can't have been easy to deal with so i am not surprised you put on weight.

What a fantastic weight loss in your first week though. That is truely amazing. Like you say you'll never see the 20 stones again!

Sorry to hear about your job but this might turn out to be a good thing if you find a new job working with nice people who don't judge you for your size in the future. Lucky that you can work for your husband for a while. I reckon my DH and i would kill each other if we worked together all the time. lol Try not to let the job loss ruin all your good work so far. Stay focused and don't turn to the dark side as far as food is concerned.

Keep going as you really are doing so well. xxx

Thanks Madmuppet and Rhi,
I really am determined this time, getting the encouragement and support is the 1 thing i never had in all my previous attempts at losing weight and it is making a huge difference, there is no chance im going to give up and gain even more weight, not a chance! :girlpower::superwoman:

Good for you. I'm hoping that having the support of this site will help me this time too. Talking to other like minded people seems to be keeping me focused at the mo. X

a round of applause for resisting temptation, well done you! :)

Fish and chips was my fave too, or is it kebab, or maybe a curry or a pizza???..no, no, no..it was definately fish and chips :) hee hee

Have a great day tomorrow! Keep focused...its working!!!!

Thanks Rose,
it really felt good to be able to say no thanks, dont want it and really mean it, i know for sure im doin it this time, thats a good feeling.

Well done on resisting temptation. Now you've done it once you know you can do it so it'll hopefully be easier next time. x

Well done on resisting temptation. Now you've done it once you know you can do it so it'll hopefully be easier next time. x
Thanks Rhi,
I certainly feel more in control, i have no doubt at all that i can do this time, and im sure my new found confidence in my ability is thanks to our wee community here on minimins :)

Well done on resisting the almost irresistable! You are a star. Keep coming on here, chatting to us, writing down your feelings and those lbs will just melt away.

Hi Ms P..

From reading your diary, it doesn't sound like your hubby is v supportive of what you're trying to achieve (apologies if I'm incorrect). Perhaps you could have a chat, see if you can adopt a healthy eating approach for the whole family.

I only say this cos I'm thinking of the kiddies...I grew up in a house of bad habits, so now I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime and trying to eat healthily.

Bit more fruit and veg will not do anyone any harm :)

Keep at it... you'll get there xx

Hi Ms P..

From reading your diary, it doesn't sound like your hubby is v supportive of what you're trying to achieve (apologies if I'm incorrect). Perhaps you could have a chat, see if you can adopt a healthy eating approach for the whole family.

I only say this cos I'm thinking of the kiddies...I grew up in a house of bad habits, so now I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime and trying to eat healthily.

Bit more fruit and veg will not do anyone any harm :)

Keep at it... you'll get there xx
O you are so so right, he is one of them who can eat what he likes, has never budged from a 28inch waist, v slim, but i really do need to get better with the kids diet, but my awhole attitude towards how he treats me has changed, always believed the little hurtful remarks before and being treated completely without respect, few weeks ago coming out of tesco he met someone he used to work with, as usual i was walking slightly behind him, when i caught up he pretended he didnt know me, i stopped beside him and he said'sorry luv am i in your way' and ushered me past, but he must have looked like the idiot because i know the guy he was talking to saw us drive away, he has always been controlling and i have always allowed him to treat me like that, but not anymore....

OMG I'm so sorry... that's an awful way to treat someone who you're supposed to be absolutely devoted to.

Please don't believe nasty comments anyone makes... they're just not true...

As for him pretending not to know you, I'm actually so angry about that... how anyone could treat you like that is beyond my comprehension...

Look, you're doing this for the right reasons, you're doing it for yourself so you will succeed... we'll all help you :D

And please please either speak to your husband about all this, or I'll shoot him for you :eek: He needs to learn to support you

Have a nice night xx

Back