The 'need to lose pretty much half my body weight' thread

I think for those of us that have a significant amount of weight to lose it can be soooo disheartening to think about how long we will be dieting before we can work at maintaining a goal weight we are happy with - its a constant struggle not to give up because the task at hand is so mammoth... I think we need to band together and continue to encourage each other to stick this out...its only others like us that truly know how hard the mental and physical struggle of being so overweight is like....

I am 120kg and my GW is between 60kg and 63kg to put me in the healthy weight range...I have a long road ahead...

please come join me if you have a similarly long road ahead....

I too have pretty much half my body weight to lose also, its very very daunting I know, but Ive finally come to realise that i have to do this the hard way, there are no quick fixes and its going to take me quite a while.
As I see it tho, Ive spent the last 19yrs being fat and Im not willing to waste anymore time doing so. Instead of wallowing in my fat and self pity, Im grabbing this opportunity with both hands (feet and teeth too!) and going for it.
Id love to chat to others in the same position as us and give as much support as I can!:D

Im joining you. I am on Diet Chef too. Pretty much the same amount of weight to lose.......we can be motivational buddies :) xx

That sounds great, it always helps when you know there are others in the same situ as you. I know I find it daunting, especially when you go to a diet club or something and most folk have a stone or 2 to lose. Im not trying to make their weigh prob any smaller if you know what I mean, but its a mere dent in mine!

Hi :)

I'll be restarting Diet Chef on 27 December. Have definitely got a lot to lose and would be great to be joint support buddies.

Caroline

Yay yes lets all be 'the halfers' buddies toegther we can do this thang and do it well and do it right!!

What are the things you find most difficult about your particular plan / diet?
What time of day is hardest for you?
What is the worst thing about being overweight?
And the thing you most look forward to when reaching your end Goal??

For me - im on Diet Chef so the food is great....for me its getting used to 'normal' portion sizes and letting my body predict my fullness, rather than my mind which always screams 'im still hungry' event hough im not, it just looks like ive eaten so much less that my mind cant come to terms with the less food factor yet.

The hardest time of day for me is between about 4 and 6pm because i get a bit peckish but need to keep myself busy so I dont have my dinner too early or else I get too hungry later in the night...its all about timing!

The worst part about being overweight for me - well where do i start....feeling like the fattest person in the room all the time, feeling people judge me every time I eat, the back pain and knee pain, and being out of breath quickly.....oooh almost forgot - having to wear daggy plus size clothes that are always so expensive and pining to fit into high street clothes so I can go to all the cool cheap places and get HEAPS of clothes for not much money....

Im looking forward most to feeling proud of my achievements and taking my health into my own hands (about time!!)

pink

Hi - Technical difficulties sorted and am back!

I am currently awaiting my delivery of Diet Chef goodies and am looking forward to having real food to eat and learning what a real portion is. I have been writing a food diary this week, which has made me change what I eat for fear of having to write it down, but I still had a binge on food that my flat mate brought me from Denmark - cultural experience and all that (any excuse!) and I did write it all down to my shame.

The worst bit at the moment for me is probably the post lunch pre dinner bit - which I intend to fill with going to the gym.

The worst bit of being so extremely overweight is the shock when I look in the mirror (my brain thinks that I am a size 14) and the pain in my knees; I have been 20+ stone before when I was a teenager but never suffered from it and now I am really noticing it all. Why I thought I was fat and hideous when I was 11st after losing 9 stone before going to Uni i will never know!??!?!

I fill-flop from being really motivated and positive and then I am defeated as I have so much to lose; this time last year I was 5 stone lighter - one year of stress and difficulties at work and I have so much more to lose than ever.

That's my bit...

CB

I'm expecting my DC package tomorrow as well! I am looking forward to it really, as have been on W8 since nyd and hate it :( but hey I have lost 3lbs sine and thats 5 days!!!
but I know I cannot continue on that and have to be able to chew something!

let me know how your losses on CD because I am hoping its as good as they say! I mean can someone lose 1 stone in a month on more calories than W8 which also claim the one stone a month?? hmmm only time will tell I persume! but good luck ladies and gents!
xxx

I'm also in the same boat - and so glad I found this forum! I need to lose about 9 stone - possibly a bit more as I haven't dared to do the scales thing for a couple of weeks now.

My boxes from Diet Chef arrived today but due to some leftover Christmas chocolate and a night out on Saturday I'm starting on Monday. I'm actually looking forward to it which is not something I usually say about the start of a diet!

Obviously not having started yet I'll have to come back to this properly, but I think one of the things I will find hard about this diet is eating regularly. I've got into the habit of not eating during the day in the week and then eating far too much of the wrong things in the evenings and at weekends so I seem to have lost the ability to tell when I'm actually hungry any more. I'm hoping this will help with that.

I find the evenings hardest. I hate eating in front of people, and I'm terrible at getting up in the mornings so weekdays when I'm working I never have time for breakfast and then won't eat at work. Evenings, home on my own, are another matter though!

I think the worst thing about being this weight is all the things it stops me doing, either for practical reasons (the sailing club which provides wet suits........but only up to a size 16) or just for fear of looking stupid. So that's what I'm most looking forward to when (yes, when) I reach my goal weight.

Wishing you all the very best of luck! I'll see you around I hope...

I too am carrying an extra person around with me!!! She's been with me for some time now..... getting bigger and bigger as each year passes. I really need to get rid of her and am hoping that this is the year that we will finally part ways.....

I am on my second day of CD. So far so good altho I can really only stomach the strawberry shake...... not sure if I can live on it for the next 6 months tho!! I decided to try CD as I love to eat. I think that perhaps having a break from food for a while will be a good idea. Thats the plan anyway. Watch this space..........

Diet Chef Granola is amazing! ...thats all I wanted to say, but finally proper food! will update later when I've had honey glazed parsnip soup :)
x

Hi there! I have around the same amount of weight to loose and I am also going on Diet Chef!
can I be your inspirtion and can you be mine?

my hotmail is
Expose Email

many thanks
x

Hello Mrs

How are you getting on? I am doing okay on day 2, bit of a headache but finding the food actually very good. Would love to hear from you ?

Hey Shep, i'm finding this great! currently eating spicy tomatoe and beef soup and wow! lol I still cannot believe this is diet food!
I have not had any headaches or any real problems expect a little wind :p *blush*
I cannot manage a whole snack bar though.
Today I had traning which included a buffet lunch which I said no no no to! I ended up eating half an apple, some grapes and a plum!
I'm not gonna weigh my self until next thurs as I'm scared I wont lose weight!
How has today been for you hun? has your headache gone?
xx

Hey Shep, i'm finding this great! currently eating spicy tomatoe and beef soup and wow! lol I still cannot believe this is diet food!
I have not had any headaches or any real problems expect a little wind :p *blush*
I cannot manage a whole snack bar though.
Today I had traning which included a buffet lunch which I said no no no to! I ended up eating half an apple, some grapes and a plum!
I'm not gonna weigh my self until next thurs as I'm scared I wont lose weight!
How has today been for you hun? has your headache gone?
xx

Great willpower you've got there Mrs! Headche not so back had enough milk for a couple of coffee's so had 1 mid morning and 1 last night, but like you I am so surprised at the food, its tasty, nice portion size and it diet, couldn't ask for more. Not suffering from wind yet............ guess I,ve got that to come.

Wow, Mrs that is phenomenal willpower - buffets have got to be a complete nightmare. Well done you.

Shep - I'm like you and like my coffee. Have tried giving up caffeine but to be honest, it's my one pleasant I now refuse to give up. It's not like I down 10 cups a day and it does not seem to affect my weightloss.

Looks like we are all managing to survive the weekend :)

Back