the needing serious help post...

klmcm80

hi folks,i really have managed too mess up slimming world.now cant get on the wagon and my eating had got outta control.Started sw at 14.6 ended up at 13.5 in 8 weeks.Now five months later i am 15.7....dont know what i am doing so wrong...maybe ww might be better for portion control any help wanted.:mad::sigh::cry::eek:

Hello Kim,

Feel your pain ! So many of us have been in your position and it aint very nice.

However solutions are aplenty. I dont think it matters which plan you try but as soon as you do something you will immediately feel better about yourself. So do something right now,feel in control,relax and start youe journey to where you want to be.

A little mantra a few people have on here which may help is : Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard. You choose the hard.

hi folks,i really have managed too mess up slimming world.now cant get on the wagon and my eating had got outta control.Started sw at 14.6 ended up at 13.5 in 8 weeks.Now five months later i am 15.7....dont know what i am doing so wrong...maybe ww might be better for portion control any help wanted.:mad::sigh::cry::eek:

I don't think it matter how you do loose the weight, whats important is that you do.

I remember when I 1st started SW I went to group & I was the only person in the new member talk who had never done SW, or another plan before. I remember going home & saying to my husband 'Why can't these people just stick to it? Its so easy to and if you really want to loose the weight you should be able to stick to it long term'

How naive I was.

After the last few months, where I have been self sabotaging like a goodun, diving head first off the wagon into a vat of ben & jerrys and being one of those people who gets on the scales each week and if they have lost, really thinks they have dodged a bullet I can tell you it is bloody hard to stick to anything, even when you really want to.

My wake up call came when I thought I'd swap to weight watchers for a bit (obstensibly so i could eat bagels & be on plan) Cue 5lb gain in my 1st week, epic crying session like a proper bird, and finally, the realisation that actually, if I'm doing this, I'd better do it properly or not at all. So what if I can't eat bagels anymore. Its only bloody food!

So, how about you post on here what you're eating so we can see if you are doing it right in the first place, and tell us what you like to eat so we can maybe give you some idea for new foods to keep you interested in it?

As Jilly says. It hard work, choose your hard.

xxx

Heh ladies ...thanks so much for the replies.I am so greatful for the advice.my typical day eating on sw is

breakfast-30g porridge and banana

lunch-golden rice bachalours,with peppers and mixed veg , baked potato and salad

dinner-chicken breast,potatoes and cabbage and loads of veg or bacon cabbage and potatoes with loads mixed veg.

Snacks- muller fat free anf fruit.

350 skimmed milk-not always used
How does this sound? X

How much fruit are you snacking on hun, and what kinds? If its loads then you msy need to look st your portions at meals & eat a bit more. Also, how many mullerlights are you eating in a day? They are free, but everything in moderation remember.
I would say you would benefit from some more superspeed foods. Could you replace your banana with some berries maybe?

It's 35grms of porridge to count of hexb. I'd make sure you have the full hex's.

What's bacon cabbage? When you say lots of veg is it 1/3 superfree?

Otherwise as Kingleds said:D

Happy Holidays said:
It's 35grms of porridge to count of hexb. I'd make sure you have the full hex's.

What's bacon cabbage? When you say lots of veg is it 1/3 superfree?

Otherwise as Kingleds said:D

I think bacon cabbage may be a different meal-just without a comma inbetween-that's how I read it-the chicken was one, so they have that, OR Bacon, cabbage etc

are you having the rice and the potato together? I know technically it's ok but really your body will be storing one or the other for later.

What fruits are you snacking on and how much? Are the mullers the free ones? What do you use your syns on? X

Thanks ladies,its bacon and cabbage fried in pan with frylight lol.
must be to many carbs,gonna cut down on the carbs and add more protein.love my spuds.
Have the odd laughing cow cheese.dont really use syns.
i see so many big loses in people and think what on earth am i doing wrong.thanks again

klmcm80 said:
Thanks ladies,its bacon and cabbage fried in pan with frylight lol.
must be to many carbs,gonna cut down on the carbs and add more protein.love my spuds.
Have the odd laughing cow cheese.dont really use syns.
i see so many big loses in people and think what on earth am i doing wrong.thanks again

I've bought some cabbage and am going to have it with bacon today-you've inspired me :)
I also don't think it will be 'too many carbs' as alot of people have great success following green days. Maybe try mixing things up a bit. Try and have a few different healthy extras, and increase your superfree. Try to have as much speed food as you can aswell-it all helps :)
Oh and also, try and use your syns :) x

Welshtigger said:
I've bought some cabbage and am going to have it with bacon today-you've inspired me :)
I also don't think it will be 'too many carbs' as alot of people have great success following green days. Maybe try mixing things up a bit. Try and have a few different healthy extras, and increase your superfree. Try to have as much speed food as you can aswell-it all helps :)
Oh and also, try and use your syns :) x

I had potatoes, bacon & cabbage the other day for dinner OMG :drool: had some low low butter (2 1/2 syns) and some brown sauce (1 syn) it was deeeeeeeeeeelicious!!!! :)

vanilla_cupcake said:
I had potatoes, bacon & cabbage the other day for dinner OMG :drool: had some low low butter (2 1/2 syns) and some brown sauce (1 syn) it was deeeeeeeeeeelicious!!!! :)

That sounds great

Lol ....i grew up with the typical irish staple.i ate it today again its deffo my fav food.had a fertily clinic appointment today and need to get three stone off in nine months,so its the kick i need or i wont be given treatment again.
Thanks again xx

Back