Total Solution The new me starts tomorrow!

ItIsLucy

My pack arrived today so I'll be starting my Exante journey tomorrow. I'm actually really excited! I've tried WW before but weight was coming off so slowly that the end just seemed so long away. I'd always get demotivated and give up. Fingers crossed that Exante works for me!

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is that we've been trying for kids for 4 years with no luck and the docs won't treat me until I lose a bit of weight. There are other reasons too, but that's the main one.

I'm so pleased I've found this website and I'm looking forward to sharing the Exante journey with fellow dieters on here. We can do this!

Lx

I wish you the best of luck on this journey, I have just completed day three and today was easy, easy easy. Day 1 was very hard but I knew it would be. I am lucky that I have friends at work who are supporting me on this and asking how I am, that helps and it also helps in making sure that I stay on the straight and narrow. Honestly, get to day three and you have made it to the point where you know it is physically possible to do this, now I have to just keep it up and somehow I know I will. I have weighed myself once and have decided I will not weigh myself for the four weeks, actually five! Think I will weigh self when I get to the end of the meal break week before I start on the TS again. I am so motivated now, and am thinking in 4 week periods, not 4 months. Good luck and let us know how you get on on your first day.

Thank you! Will keep you posted! I'll be fine as long as I like some of the packs! I'm not a fussy eater generally, but just can't eat foods with a certain texture. This includes banana, mashed potato, mushy peas... If I find some packs I like, I'll be fine!
Lx

Well day one not as bad as expected. Started off by weighing myself :-( heaviest I've ever been at 18st5... Well it's only going to down from here! First goal is to get my bmi down to 35 as that is when GP said they will refer me for further fertility treatment. About a stone and a half to lose for that, so not too unreasonable.

Breakfast I tried a porridge. Was ok - think I might grow to like them. Maybe. Did keep me full til lunchtime though.

Lunch I tried the toffee raisin bar. Was ok - bit hard going. Didn't fill me up at all! By the end of work I was starving!

Have been drinking my water but as I'm a teacher it's hard to keep nipping out to the loo!

Had a coke zero when I got in which took the edge off the hunger pangs. Then tried the chicken soup. Not keen on that either!

So far, day one not as bad as expected. Just wish I liked the packs more, but going to try some different ones tomorrow and fingers crossed!

Is there anyone else out there who hated all the packs at the beginning. Did you grow to like them?!

Also, do you ever stop thinking about food ALL THE TIME!

Hope all the fellow new starters are doing well!

Hi Lucy

Congratulations on completing day 1 :D I've just completed day 2 and feel ok today. Hope tomorrow is even better. All the best of luck to you on your journey!

Karen x

Hi girls, yes it does get easier, just by day 4 I am feeling fine, it is very important to keep your water up. Veggie soup is fab, and eat the bars with a coffee or a drink. Your hunger will be gone by day three. Good luck
Julia

Day 2 and going strong. Choc shake for breakfast and choc orange bar for lunch and I actually enjoyed them both. Managed to make some yummy porridge this evening with some sweeteners and cinnamon.
Feeling much more positive now that I'm starting to find some packs I like!

Finding it easier to resist food on this diet than WW as on this there's no food, no choices, no kidding yourself that that bar of chocolate you've just eaten is within your points allowance!

Lx

well done, and I hope that you have a really successful weekend too. Day five went like a breeze today, even had to have lunch out with colleagues (we were on a course) and I just had my water and bar. Feel very virtuous. Keep on going and keep us up tod date.

norwegian girl said:
well done, and I hope that you have a really successful weekend too. Day five went like a breeze today, even had to have lunch out with colleagues (we were on a course) and I just had my water and bar. Feel very virtuous. Keep on going and keep us up tod date.

Really glad it's going well for you! Hearing on here about those who are ahead of me in this is definitely motivating! At the moment, just for the first few days, I'm avoiding social situations where I may be tempted to eat/drink what I shouldn't. Just until I get into the swing of things!

Lx

Norwegian girl - just had a sneaky peak at your profile and noticed you're in education. What do you do? I'm in education too.
Lx

2012 said:
Hope tomorrow is even better. All the best of luck to you on your journey!

Karen x

Thank you! Day 2 was fine! Woohoo! Good luck to you too.
Lx

Just had a cheeky weigh in, even though I said I wasn't going to! Beginning of day 3 and already down 6lbs! Woohoo!
Lx

Well done on the 6lbs Lucy, that's great! I'm on the same loss but at the start of day 4 but I'm quite happy with that. Have a good day!

Karen x

Hi Lucy, I am a teacher _ and a rather fat one at the moment, I do not live in Norway now but am lucky to be living in London. Are you teaching? I am on day 6 and have had a very special treat today, a tesco raspberry meal replacement bar, oh my it was so good as a Saturday treat. I am finding this thing quite easy but my worry is I will get bored doing it. We all had a professional development day yesterday and I resisted any temptation. How are you all doing? Anything planned for Saturday night? I have "the girl who played with fire" to watch, I watched the "the girl with the dragon tattoo" last night and it was amazing, the original swedish one. Tesco sparkling strawberry water will be in a nice glass too.
This forum is so fantastic for support and I really hope that we all get to where we want to be, a long journey, but as the saying goes every journey begins with one step. Have a fabulous Saturday evening.
Julia

I'm a teacher too. There's always treats in the staff room which will be tricky I think! Have you told any of your colleagues you're on this diet?
Lx

Lucy, I am so lucky to have such fabulous friends at work, they are all so supportive and ask me every day if I am feeling ok. I have spurred on the workroom competition to drink water! The Science teachers have checked out my packs, to make sure I am ok with nutrients and vitamins, and not one person has said anything negative. Even my boss said he got in "the zone" for a month and lost over 10kg. I am going away for a few days with 8 colleagues in February and will be on Working solution that week, they even support me on this so I guess I am very lucky.What about you, have you told anyone? What age group do you teach, I am Secondary and 6th form. I have found it easier to keep away from treats and stuff by being able to tell my colleagues. I am very very lucky. How is it going with you this weekend, keep at it and try and treat yourself to something non food today!
Julia

norwegian girl said:
Anything planned for Saturday night?
Julia

Think we're gonna go to the cinema. Will be weird not having any sweets or popcorn! Maybe treat myself to a can of coke zero. Woohoo :-s

Haven't told anyone at work yet. In fact haven't told anyone in "real life" other than my hubby, who is joining me on this diet on Monday. Not sure why I haven't told people. Think it's partly due to people's reactions and partly in case I fail! :-s
Good to hear you've had such a good reaction and that encourages me to share too!
Lx

enjoy the cinema and take some bottled water, I am really in the zone and am about to go on a massive tidying spree now, I think that will burn a few calories off. Have fun tonight what are you going to see?
Julia

Not sure. There's nothing I particularly want to see so have let hubby choose (which I may regret!). He's talking about Sherlock Holmes which should be ok.
Lx

Back