Total Solution The new me starts tomorrow!

so have my shake, my water and "the girl who played with fire" ready to watch. It is the Swedish one, I watched the first one last night, brilliant film so am looking forward to tonight's installment. I am lucky because I lived in Norway for 10 years I have some understanding of Swedish and dont have to rely on the subtitles too much. Have cleaned like mad and have decided to weigh self on Monday, as I now think waiting two weeks may be a bit long and I need a bit of motivation today. Enjoy the film, the first Sherlock was great. Keep strong an motivated, we all need the support
J

Sherlock was good. Resisted all temptations. Was tempted to steal a nacho from the girl sitting next to me!! Hubby is joining me on the diet tomorrow and is having his 'last meal'! He's getting a kebab. Will resist picking!

Hope you enjoyed your film. Saw the new girl w/ dragon tattoo at cinema and thought it was good.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!

Lx

A new day and it is sunny, I should go for a walk, if I am not joining the local gym then I can walk around it's posh grounds for half an hour!
Lucy, I am glad that you enjoyed the film, "the girl who played with fire" was not as good as the first of the trillogy.
So today is day 7 and I have a very small confession, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 7lbs, am very pleased BUT wish I had waited until week two. I am determined not to scale hop. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Julia

hi all... just thought i would but in when i seen yous were quite new to exante too...
i tryed to start mine yesterday but only got the toffee and rasin bar into me along with my 2ltrs of water...
how are the shakes?
i had some shakes left over from months ago when i tryed the cambridge so i started that on monday...
just had a cheeky measure of the waist and lost three inches
woohoooo
by the way lucy congratz on them 6lbs thats absolutley fantastic!!!
good luck xxx

Hi Nikita, I think it is really important to get into a very good habit with the shakes or/and soups otherwise you will not be getting enough vitamins. I try and leave my first shake til about 10:30 that is when I am most craving something, it is not hunger but habit at that time.

Lucy, how fantastic to resist all temptation, it is a really good feeling to wake up the next day and think, "I did it!" That is one thing that really keeps me going, and the fact that I am not actually hungry now. I am totally on your case to make sure that you stay on this, and if you do have a mini hiccup, then I will be on your case to get you back on track (teacher mode).

Nikita, get past day 3 or 4 and it is actually easy.
Good luck on this beautiful sunny day.
Julia

hiya ladies , just had a little read and thought I would pop in and say hi :) you seem to be doing really well , and having your hubby on it too will make it even better , you will start competing with each other and spurring each other on :D

Nikita-x said:
hi all... just thought i would but in when i seen yous were quite new to exante too...
i tryed to start mine yesterday but only got the toffee and rasin bar into me along with my 2ltrs of water...
how are the shakes?
i had some shakes left over from months ago when i tryed the cambridge so i started that on monday...
just had a cheeky measure of the waist and lost three inches
woohoooo
by the way lucy congratz on them 6lbs thats absolutley fantastic!!!
good luck xxx

Hi. Well done on starting Exante. It isn't easy if I'm honest but the weightloss results are definitely worth it!

I'm not keen on the toffee raisin bar but I prefer the choc orange one. I love the choc shake (not tried the others yet) although I do add a tablet sweetener or two to it as I do have a sweet tooth! Also love the porridge - again with a sweetener and some cinnamon. Not keen on the soups as yet.

Well done on the 3in loss. That's a great start!
Lx

Last edited:
norwegian girl said:
Lucy, how fantastic to resist all temptation, it is a really good feeling to wake up the next day and think, "I did it!" That is one thing that really keeps me going, and the fact that I am not actually hungry now. I am totally on your case to make sure that you stay on this, and if you do have a mini hiccup, then I will be on your case to get you back on track (teacher mode).

Julia

Well done on your loss so far!

Yeah it was hard last night to resist the temptation but definitely feel pleased this morning. Especially when I had another sneaky peek at the scales and I've lost another couple of pounds since yesterday! Only starting day 4 and already 8lbs down! Definitely makes all this worth while.

Good luck today everyone.

Lx

determinator said:
hiya ladies , just had a little read and thought I would pop in and say hi :) you seem to be doing really well , and having your hubby on it too will make it even better , you will start competing with each other and spurring each other on :D

He's going to start today which is good as then he won't be eating takeaways in front of me! I bet he loses it quickly (men tend to don't they?!) but at least I have a 4 day/8lbs head start on him!

Have a good Sunday.

Lx

Well I'm on day 6 and this is not getting any easier! Have been 100% whole time and I'm drinking all my water. The hunger is now driving me insane! All I think about is food! And I'm already bored with the packs. I hate the soups but really need something savoury to eat in the evenings. I'm sticking with dieting definitely, but I just thought it would be getting easier by now!
Lx

Hi Lucy.
Just been reading your posts and I see we probably have a lot in common!
I am a teacher too and I laughed when I read about loo trips, am getting a lot of exercise at work as my classroom is quite a bit away from the staff toilet!
I hate the soups too, so much so that I threw them away because even thinking about them made me gag! I am doing my own version of things at the moment, I suppose its the working solution? I have a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and I bring some chicken breast or other very lean protein to work in case I get the weak light- headed feeling. I also bring a can of coke zero. In the evening I have another bar and more meat if I need it. I am not great with getting the water down but I do drink a lot of black tea.
I find I am too weak and light- headed on the total solution plan- mind you I am only a week in- but I feel I cannot risk passing out at work ( I have a long way to fall and nobody would be able to pick me up;)).
Do you think adding some protein might help you? I think I am staying in ketosis as I seem to have that metal/tin mouth feeling all the time!
Hope you are doing ok this weekend?
O:)

Hi Oliver,
Haven't updated for a while but things are a bit better. Still feeling hungry but the weightloss is keeping me motivated. Am on day 11 and I've lost 16lbs so far. Have decided to stick to TS as much as possible but to have a WS day every now and then. We went to the theatre on Friday and I had a green salad and some chicken breast which was nice and I didn't feel guilty.
Luckily my body seems to be getting used to all this water and I'm not needing as many loo trips! My classroom is also a long way from the staff toilet!
What age do you teach?
I feel the same about the soups but luckily my husband, who's doing the diet too, likes them.
How you doing on the diet?

Last edited:
Hi Lucy,
I see why my gender is confusing......I never thought of that when I was picking it!
I teach 13-18 year olds, its quite a high energy job isn't it? I am starving today.......hopefully it will pass in a while!
Wow...you are doing really well, fair play to you. How are you coping with light-headedness or are you suffering from it?
Thanks for your reply:D
O
PS I meant picking my nickname....not my gender......!!!!

Last edited:
I'm not getting the lightheaded feeling. During the day I don't seem to have time to be hungry or to think about food! I have a shake or porridge before I leave home then a bar at lunchtime and that seems to get me through. It's the evenings I struggle with the hunger still on day 12! I think most of it is in my head though and I'm trying to wean myself off my addiction to food! I'm trying to stick to TS as much as possible because I know this diet will be over all the more quickly if I do!

Hi Lucy, I am pleased with my weight loss up to now, even though it is not as good as yours!
I am really pleased you are keeping at it, I am so determined to do this and I do think it is getting easier each day. My worst time of day is about 8pm, so out comes the coke zero. I aim aiming to have lost a stone by next weigh in, I think that is pretty fabulous for 3 weeks.
Julia

Hi. Really good thank you. I'm on day 18 and I've lost 20lbs so far, so really pleased with that! I've been mostly TS but with a couple of ws days when I've been out and stuff. All good! You?

ItIsLucy said:
Hi. Really good thank you. I'm on day 18 and I've lost 20lbs so far, so really pleased with that! I've been mostly TS but with a couple of ws days when I've been out and stuff. All good! You?

That's great well done :)

Back