The one year 'marginal improvement' plan, becoming healthier one decision at a time.

Day 40 Diary

Weigh in 14"13.0

Feel yucky today. Last night I stayed up late finishing my last uni assignment for my current module. I also drank two thirds of a bottle of white zinfandel (ironically I didn't even enjoy it that much as it tasted far too sweet. I think maybe I have cut down on sugar that much I really taste sweet things now). I also had one of my favourite meals of gammon, loads of pineapple, dauphenoise potatoes (including the cheesy sauce!) and asparagus. Apart from the dauphenoise potatoes, everything I had yesterday was a healthy extra or free / super free. However a combination of staying up late, drinking wine and eating salty gammon has shown up on the scales today. Still at least the assignment is in, yay!

I am also on my holidays now for all the good it will do me. I took some time back yesterday to finish my assignment and so now have a good 4 hours worth of work to finish off to tie things up and hand over everything for a week. I'll probably do a couple of hours a night and get things finished.

I did also have a little walk over to town for an hour yesterday lunchtime and got a couple of bits as a treat. The best was a stunning Coast dress, it is in perfect condition (doesn't look like it has been worn) for £8. It is very classic black halter neck, mid calf length w/ a small amount of cream detailing. I didn't know whether to get it as it was a size 16 and therefore too small for me; then I thought, it can be a target LBD for christmas so now hung up on a wood hanger looking lovely. I have another dress to go to the dry cleaners so I will take that one at the same time so it is ready to go.

I also got a pair of M&S NWT (RRP £15) soft combat style pants for £2.99. Marked as a 20 medium but too tight yet. Will wash and put away ready for a bit more weight loss. Then a Glamorosa NWT royal blue sparkly shrug for £2.99. I have this in gold from the year before last winter season collection and that cost me £25 so really pleased with that ready again for christmas.

x

Can feel the angst over the assignment..brings back memories of my attempts the other year.. :sigh:

What did you study? I am nearing the end of a degree in Health and Social Care, just one more module to go after this one.

My daughter just wanted to make jam tarts because they are in her Usborne book of things to make and do. So jam tarts made and she has scoffed two, week! However, I resisted despite the fact they smelt really nice lol x

What did you study? I am nearing the end of a degree in Health and Social Care, just one more module to go after this one.

My daughter just wanted to make jam tarts because they are in her Usborne book of things to make and do. So jam tarts made and she has scoffed two, week! However, I resisted despite the fact they smelt really nice lol x

I had a try at doing a Law Degree but didn't get very far. Just did the first year but pain in my back was too much for me to be able to concentrate properly. Could have "resat" the final ..would actually have just been adding more info to what I had already submitted so I was very tempted but just the angst of doing the assignments made my aches and pains worse so decided against it.

Bet those jam tarts were very hard to resist especially as your d made them..bless!

I had a try at doing a Law Degree but didn't get very far. Just did the first year but pain in my back was too much for me to be able to concentrate properly. Could have "resat" the final ..would actually have just been adding more info to what I had already submitted so I was very tempted but just the angst of doing the assignments made my aches and pains worse so decided against it.

What a shame for you Emmaline. Does your back trouble you a lot day to day? x

Day 45 Diary

Weigh-in 15"0.0

So, I have officially gone AWOL and in the process ate far too many carbs and enjoyed two meals out. Things have felt busy here as am due to move house in two weeks, my daughter is off with me (so trying to do things with her) had work I hadn't finished before my holiday started and have been trying to visit my nana a lot (as she isn't that well at the moment).

Wow, that so reads like a big list of excuses!

Either way, I am not going to dwell on the relapse. I certainly haven't been eating much over 2000kcals per day so doubt it is fat weight, prob more like water retention due to eating far more carbs. What is interesting though, is last night my acid reflux came back and today I feel like I have a killer hangover without touching a drop of drink. Just shows what a vicious circle it can be, you get busy and a bit stressed, make bad food choices, feel tired and icky, whch makes you make more bad food choices .. infinitum
:sigh:.

I have a day with my daughter today (she is still currently asleep). I think I am going to see if she will help me pack some of her things that we can temporally manage without. Now strategies for making that fun for a four year old anybody?

Slimming world class and weigh in tonight. Should be a STS or 0.5lb on I think.

Hope you all have a good day x

Doesn't sound like excuses to me Hayley, just a very busy mum who doesn't have much time for herself.
Very annoying tho' the after effects of eating a load of rubbish especially as it so easily drifts into a habit... hope the WI is kind to you.

Have a great day with your D.. always used to take a Wednesday as our special day when mine were little...pays such great dividends in the end.
Hope your nana soon gets better too.

Day 46 Diary

Weigh-in - 14"12.2

No idea why my weight is fluctuating, although was on plan yesterday (had wine for syns eek). Really do need to avoid drinking as the result was another night of reflux problems. Didn't make it to class last night but there is another one run by the same lady tonight so will go to that instead or alternatively the one on Thursday morning.

Very excited so won't hand around, my daughter starts school this morning!!

x

Day 47 Diary

Weigh-in - 14" 13.8

Had a steak barm and home made chips followed by an ice cream sundae yesterday lunch time
:eek:. I had a sensible light tea and no wine.

It was amazing and for once I don't feel guilty or regret it. We went out to a lovely pub to celebrate my daughter's first day at school, which she loved :)

Today, I am still on holiday so am planning to drop my daughter off for her second morning at school and will then go to the Slimming World class. I also intend to write up a meal plan, we are running up to moving house and I have been trying (with quite a lot of success) to run the freezer down. x

Day 52 Diary

Weigh-in - 14"13.0

I have been having such a busy time with gearing up to the house move this Saturday and now back at work. I am focusing on STS until the move is over and then hopefully will get on with the onwards and downwards.
I did go to SW last Thursday morning and was 15" 0.5 (that was a 1.5lb loss from the week before). I will be going this Thursday too but am aiming for a STS. More than anything what I don't want to do is put any weight back on!

xx

Day 53 Diary

No weigh-in today

Today, is the day I get back into the weight loss zone, after a couple of weeks going nowhere. I will go jogging tonight and that is a fact, LOL. Please feel free to tell me off if I don't go, but I will!

I am working from home for the rest of this week so there really is no excuse not to get lots of exercise in.

x

Day 54 Diary

Weigh in - 14"13.8

So, I did not succeed at either of my plans yesterday. Not too annoyed about the jogging because it was like a monsoon here last night. Fingers crossed for a better day today x

Day 68 Diary

Weigh in 15"0.2

I have now moved house and had a couple of weeks completely off plan. Finally worked up the courage to weigh myself this morning and fortunately is not as bad as expected.

I have food for today all planned :)

x

Day 111

Thanks JMA, I need to get started again.

Weighed myself this morning and was 14" 12.4, although have just been ill for the last five days so more by accident than design.....

I can see you are doing amazing!!

H

Last edited:
Well all the best on getting started again and hope you feel better soon
;
And yea things have been going really well so far :) thanks

Had a good day today, got weighed this morning and was 14" 12.8, so not too bad as not been trying really the last fortnight.

Already been for a jog and managed my best time so far, round my new 2.8km route. Still on zero success though for trying to exercise three times a week. Getting good at once a week though lol.

What I have learned though is, I don't seem to have issues with maintaining whatever weight I am, so don't think I am a massive over eater. I have just never kept on top of losing the few pounds a year I was putting on.

I seem to have a mental block though at getting lower than I am. I seem over the last few years to have gone up and down over this one stone.

So, I am going to aim at losing 2 pounds this week and seeing 14"10 on the scales. I know I can do it and if I can do that I might finally get on the way again xx

Back