The one year 'marginal improvement' plan, becoming healthier one decision at a time.

Day 30 Diary

Weigh in 15"2.2

Not managed to keep a log of food the last couple of days but have been trying to eat more the SW way. Things have just been so hectic busy. Well hopefully today will be a day to have less stress :)

Day 31 Diary

Weigh in 15"1.8

Had a productive day yesterday working from home with reduced stress and managed to eat well. Feel more relaxed this morning and pleased my weight has started to come down a bit more. At 9.30am I am going to call and join SW and am feeling excited about it. I don't know how much of the class I will be able to stay for as have to get off to a meeting for 11am but the main thing is getting there and hopefully I can stay for longer next time :)

OK so today can be classed as the month one mark and my goal was to lose 0.2lbs per day or 6lbs over 30 days.

Target weight was 15"3.4 and actual weight is 15"1.8, yay!!

That means a total weight loss of 7.6lbs in one month.

You could argue, the first month is the easy month. I hope starting SW group at the start of month 2 will give me the motivation to try and have as much success this time around!

x

Last edited:
Day 32 Diary

Weigh in - 15"0.4

So, I went to SW and got weighed in at 15"2.5lbs yesterday (I get weighed at home in my underwear) so happy with that. Good, sensible food day yesterday.
I have woke up feeling like I have debloated and I must have suddenly lost water because there was a big drop on the scales this morning!!! Might get to see 14 something on those scales before long if I am very lucky x

Day 33 Diary

Weigh in 14"13.6

I am in total shock as got weighed this morning and the scales showed a 14 something, wow! I am not going to get too excited because it is my end of week home weigh in tomorrow and my weight fluctuates like made but amazing to see a 14 on the scales :)

I am feeling back to the motivation levels I had when I started after having a bad few days in the middle. It is so about a mindset for me and lots of planning. I have to get a meal plan sorted for next week so will try and do that today x

HEA - 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEB - Two slices wholemeal bread

Watermelon
2 eggs (scrambled w/ some of HEA milk), 2 pieces bacon

Last edited:
GOALS

Just been thinking about setting some goals in a bid to keep motivated :)

Lose 1 stone
Be able to wear my fav 'on the small size of a 20' trousers (fit now but too closely!)
Lose 1.5 stone
Get to 14"1 (Club 10 target)
Get into the 13s
Lose 2 stone

Exercise

Complete Week 1 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 2 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 3 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 4 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 5 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 6 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 7 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 8 of Couch to 5km
Complete Week 9 of Couch to 5km
Go swimming 10 times
When at 1.5 stones off go for a riding lesson

Day 34 Diary

Weigh in - 14"13.4

Today is my 'at home' weigh in for week 5, so happy because it seems like yesterdays weigh in wasn't a fluke and maybe the 14s may be here to stay for awhile!

I am so proud that at day 34, I have the motivation I had back at day 1. What I was so aware of when starting, was what I usually do is, get a great weight loss over the first couple of weeks and then it always virtually stops. Then I am fed up because it is not coming off super fast and get distracted and that is the end of that again. This time I have pushed through the first plateau. It has so helped thinking of this as a one year plan so I don't need to keep up huge losses to stay on track. To be honest even if it ends up taken two years not one it doesn't matter as long as it slowly keeps coming off :)

My goal for today is to get out and do some exercise. I ironed my jogging stuff yesterday and it is all hung up and my trainers are out ready to go. That is something I have been procrastinating on!

x

Last edited:
Yay, just been and walked / jogged 5.36km in 54 min 1 sec and burned 418 kcal (you have got to love the stats on run keeper and it works the kcals off your height and weight!). Not particularly speedy but took a rather hilly route.

Feels great to have got out. Just had a minute and am now going to go and make lunch x

Day 35 Diary

Weigh in - 14"13.8

Well I think my muscles are holding water today as they feel like lead. Lol can certainly tell I haven't got up off my rear end enough over the last couple of weeks. I am very pleased with how I did on the healthy eating and exercise front yesterday. I did have a Cornetto Enigma at 9.5 syns (190 calories) and a spoon full of mayo w/ my dinner but other than that lots of free and super free plus healthy extras. I prob wouldn't have had the ice cream usually but because of having the exercise kcals I felt able to do so without guilt :)

I have been thinking about clothes over this weekend. I got some lovely 'like new' things out of our local charity shops, which are now washed and ready to wear. These consisted of: a fusions at East turquoise and white mix kaftan style over head blouse w/ gold detailing at neck and sleeves £3.50; a glamorosa pale pink summer 'boyfriend style' shirt £3.99; and a Evan T-shirt perfect for jogging £3.00. I have been trying hard to save money as well as lose weight so some little treats like this are nice. Also splashed out and bought a new with tags next dress in a size 18 for £12 plus postage (posh navy one for evening wear) off Ebay. I thought it would be good to have it hung in front of my wardrobe door to aim for fitting in it, LOL.

Today, I am off for the day with my daughter and my friend and her son. We are taking a picnic and I am going to go and chop a big pile of berries to take to snack on. I love the bank holiday, so nice to have a break from work.

Had such a lovely day today chilling on the beach :) So many people were out, it was absolutely packed. The kids had a great time, riding donkeys and going on the pedalo boats.

Food wise, not too bad. Did have a bag of low fat crisps w/ the picnic @ 120kcals and an ice cream (scoop of toffee fudge in a tub) in the afternoon but I think that is reasonable on a BH day out to the seaside.

Jut had steak and salad for tea. All set for a very virtuous tuesday through friday. Am planning some wine for next Friday night already as have a very busy week ahead LOL.

Hey hayley I have read through your diary now. After my busy day. Hiya Jayne. Laurens really looking forward to Sophia coming to stay.! I may not be here when you drop her off as I'm taking Isabel to the cinema. But my husband mark will be. He works nights but should be up by time you arrive. But ill be here when you pick her up on Saturday ! See you soon x love Heather. Wow you live near the beach.? Your so lucky.
I noticed you don't write down your syns? Why is this
When (what day) do you weigh in at group?
My weigh day is Wednesday and I have been drinking 3 litres of water each day this week see if it boosts my loss. So we will see on Wednesday

Never managed to get chance to post yesterday so will be writing about two day straight!

Autumnbabe thanks for dropping by! I don't live too close to the beach unfortunately but it was only an hour's drive (well two hours back because of problems on the motorway). I am going to be weighing in on either tue, wed or thurs. I have three local classes run by the same lady so I will go to whichever one I can make with work commitments.

I should really write syns but I am very very lazy when it comes to working things out. I am eating the slimming world way overall (I call it eating clean) and having little treats but not really worrying about the recording side. I could do with starting and prob will have to if I stop losing weight. My main goal since starting has been ditching sugar or 'the white death' as I call it. It was ironic actually as my slimming world consultant spent the whole of image therapy going on about the dangers of sugar last night lol.

Day 36 Diary

Weigh in 15"0.2

I had very sore legs still yesterday after running Sunday and walking around a bit on Monday. Manic day at work as got up at 5.30am and didn't get chance to stop again after that. Not best pleased with my food choices but more annoyed with myself for not eating anywhere near enough.

Managed to walk to class for 7.30pm, started at 7pm but I managed to just get weighed straight away (as OH read to our little one and got her in bed - she had a day out w/ her grandparents to Southport so was very happy and tired). Really pleased as 15"2 on their scales so 0.5 off since Thursday morning and I had just scoffed my tea at light speed too (weighed in the morning last Thursday).

Day 37 Diary

Weigh in - 14"13.2

Really happy my legs are back to normal, think the water weight from that has shifted now. So will have to see if I can squeeze in a walk / jog today. I need to get day 2 of couch to 5km in.

x

Hi and congratulations on making the decision to change.

With out criticising can I ask, are you eating enough? I eat LOADS more than you. I know I have a big appetite but even when considering that, your menus look small.

Just consider it.

Keep up the good work

Hi there :)

With out criticising can I ask, are you eating enough? I eat LOADS more than you. I know I have a big appetite but even when considering that, your menus look small.

I think most of the time I do eat enough but have always been prone to skipping meals especially breakfast. Yesterday was a particularly bad day as really only ended up having tea, which is not a good approach! Prob best to ignore some of my food logs because a couple of them ended up being half a days food because never went back and updated them with tea :)

With the exception of the odd day though I think I do generally eat enough. With slimming world I feel like I am eating tons at times (compared to what I ate before) like the mountain of sweet potato wedges I got through over the weekend (done w/ a couple of sprays of fry light so totally free food).

You are doing great too, 12lbs already. That is brill. x

Last edited:
Day 38 Diary

Weigh in - 14"12.6

Woo hoo seen 14"12 on the scales, how very exciting!

Managed to eat plenty too including my home made cottage pie so am very pleased with myself. All these little changes seem to be adding up, one by one. Never managed to get out for any exercise though with work commitments and spending some time with my daughter.

I probably do need to get a bit better at pinning down me time. It all just disappears on me. I am out all day with work again today but just keep reminding myself that next week I am on my holidays and will have no excuses not to go for a jog as some point. Next week will be a big week because my daughter is starting school and will be going 9.30 to 11.30am. I cant wait to see her in her little uniform x

My daughters are teenagers now and I still remember that feeling of dropping them off for the 1st time at nursery and reception class. I felt like I was abandoning her lol. It will break your heart your leaving her trust me. But it is good for them. I never seem to be able to get jogging I always feel my joints are banging down to much and thought I'd do myself some damage. I'm sure having a young one that there isn't always time for you. But you will find some, some where !
Keep on what your doing because your doing well. Remember to put that 1/3 on your plate of superfree as this does boost your metabolism. Also change you healthy extras every few days this also will. X

I just can't believe she is that age already, it has just flow by. In fact it is a bit scary.

BTW w/ jogging I was the same when I started but then went and got fitted with proper running shoes. Don't know if you have tried that? It made a huge different to my shins and knees. Strictly speaking for calorie burn though I think fast walking is just as effective :)

I am def trying w/ quantity of food and am sat with a massive piece of watermelon right now!!

x

Day 39 Diary

Weigh in - 14"12.4

Fortunately after spending all week out and about, I have a day working at home planned. It is the last day before my week off and I have loads to do but it is nice that I can hopefully just focus on getting thing done :)

x

Back