The photo that changed your life...

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Starlit_Cazza, 11 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Was just looking through Janey's thread, and made me think about this: I have read a few times about people seeing a photo of themself at their biggest and being horrified, which has spurred them in to starting THE diet and changing their lives FOREVER.

So what was your photo? This is mine:

This was me a week before I started CD, at 23st 6lb. Horrific.

Anyone else gonna be brave?

Janey2004 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I just didnt do photos at my heaviest, it wasnt til 3 months into my diet I took my first regular comparison photo. Im still not overkeen on getting my photo taken but the mere fact I do now is a HUGE change :)

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

I had a picture..but it was so bad i actually tore it up. i cant stand pictures i dont mind my face but that is it!

5. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Gosh, Sandy, I have just noticed how tall you are....that's nearly a giant in my book. How have you managed that - being Scottish - we're not allowed to be tall!

It was a photo that did it for me. Like Sandy, I tend to avoid camera's like the plague, but had to get one done for a client's in-house magazine (no, nothing dodgy, we were doing some work for them :D)

When I saw the picture, I was so shocked. I think they have sent me a copy - how kind I thought - and if so, will post it on here. I looked like my boobs were a rubber ring round my waist. Not a great look I have to say.

LRO xx

6. Starlit_Cazza

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Well as you can see I am hardly happy about having that particular photo taken... lol really was enough to make me go Urgh!

Its funny how once you start to get the weight off, you really how restricted you were by having the weight on in the first place! Just stupid things like looking at the photo and looing at how my arms are resting - they are like that because 1)thats as close as I could get the to my sides and 2)in a vain attempt to hide my ginormous (sp?) belly

7. Neil&Ash

Neil&Ash Member

mine did if for me when i had a photos of me in the army and people who had met me 2 years after i left asked who is that in the photos!!!!

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i hate my arms. there soo huge, i think even when i do lose the weight there still going to be big i cant imagine ever having small arms like my wrists and that part of arm seem normal but upper arms omg. i hide them as much as i can

9. Starlit_Cazza

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Show us! :D

10. Starlit_Cazza

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    completely understand that Becky, I am the same :(

I do have nightmares about losing all the weight and just looking like I have been deflated!!!

11. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Thank you so much for sharing that with us Caryl. I am so anti photographs I put my hands up to hide my face if people try. If I cannot hide in a group I don't allow the photograph to be taken. I'm looking forward to the day when I go to a studio for a photo session with my family - the Lord alone knows when that will be right now. I still have at least 8 stone to lose before I even think about booking that day

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have so many regrets at photos Ive missed out on. Its lovely now to have such lovely photos of my birthday, my trip away and with my nieces now

13. Starlit_Cazza

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    I still have 6-7 stone to lose too, but we will get there! I am looking forward to being able to use that as my big "before" photo when I finally hit target and can show off my amazing 11 stone 4lb loss :D:D:D...one day

14. Neil&Ash

Neil&Ash Member

I will dig one of my me squaddie photos out in the morning and also show one of me with a bit extra padding shall we say lol

15. munkypooh

munkypooh Warning-Contains Nuts

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  16. Starlit_Cazza

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Thats not a happy face Munky :) Glad to hear that the source of that scowl was out of your life soon after!

17. munkypooh

munkypooh Warning-Contains Nuts

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Too right!!

We were engaged for 6 months, and in that time I gained 4 stone...not a coincidence....

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

thats me in the bottom left corner with white trousers - i was clearly tryin to lean back out the pic :( i hate it soooo much

xxx

20. Janey2004

Janey2004 This is for ME!

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Scottish Slimmers
    I actually dont have any pics of me at my heaviest. Would never let anyone take any. Head shots were only ever allowed. Took a before picture for my progress on here(you're all welcome to have a look, be warned its scarey:eek:) took me a good couple of weeks to pluck up the courage to post it cause it was the first time I had a proper full length picture taken of me and it was a shock for me to look at it. Had got 6lb off by then but it still shocked me. Anyways its one of my motivators now.

21. spod

spod needs to get out more!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.88%)
    My photo is on my photo album (but I didnt see it til well over a year after it was taken). The photo of me by the sea is what started the weight loss. Sorry I dont know how to move the pictures on to this page!!

It is a shame that I have missed out on being in so many photos with people and places because I hate having my photo taken so much. But that is slowly changing now. (Still not a massive fan of being photographed, but as I live so far from my family and a lot of friends, they want to see photos of me and what I am doing, so I have to put up with it!)

xx

22. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    This is the actual photo that changed my life:
    Message - MiniMins.com Photo Gallery

It was taken on my 22 birthday, at the beginning of January. I cried so much when I saw it. It was the photo that made me adopt the New Years Resolution I share with my friend: 2008 - The Year of Positive Change.

But I have an album full of photos I hate of myself.

~Silence~

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.