the pill

Tinkerbell1987

i love minimins me :)
hey everyone

hows everyone today?

jus a quick question, i have never been on the pill before but am thinkin of going on it, but scared cos i hear loads of stories about puttin weight on etc :sigh: i know everyone is different but could anyone tell me about which pills are worse for weight gain or advise me if i am better gettin the implant etc

thanks everyone

xxx

Oh I dunno Stacey. I'm a bit confused how pills can make you gain weight. If you don't consume the calories how does that work?:confused: maybe I'm just being a dum dum. I know the funny hormones can give you the munchies.:confused:

I'm on the contraceptive patch (far too forgetful with pills :rolleyes:) and it's been fine and dandy.:D

xx

from my experience i would not advise any to have the injection, cannot remember the name of my one but you had to have it every 3 months. After one jab i decided not to have it again and then had mini periods between my regualr ones for one year after if i was lucky i would get 3 days out of a month when i was ok.
Have not been on the pill for any considerable time due to my sieve like mind but have not heard of any major horror stories and a couple of my friends actually lost weight.

I have had the depo injection for the last 8 years and was overweight before it so cant blame that one!! Ive been reading some stuff today that does say that the expected weight gain on injection is 4-6lbs in the first 2 years though.

I personally think its a fab contraceptive but know others have probs with it. Sarahxx.

I had the depo previously....it was fine..apart from the random constant bleeding. Not too much fun really. They tried doubling up the dose and halfing the time so effectively I was getting 4 times the normal dosage!! :eek: still no change.

RD had a lot of problems with the depo, but I also know loads of people who love it and haven't had any problems with it.

I think with the implant you have to go into hospital for it and get it put in and you're stuck with it for a few months.:confused:

Hi Stacey,

I have the implant, and I find it works really well. I didn't gain weight due to it, and I have had it 2 times in total.

The procedure isn't sore, and I highly recommend it.

I was not organised enough to be able to take a pill daily - I am bad enough remembering to take my lunch to work.

yea i am thinkin am not good with rememberin to take pills lol
coley- is the patch visble and how long does it last, i thought of implant but am scared of pain hahaha

xxx

I pop the patch on my bum...lol! it looks like a nicotine patch, about 2 by 2 inches. It lasts a week (changing it once a week much easier to remember and they give you stickers to put in your diary to remember!!! some places do a text service to remind you as well!! lol!!)

You can put in on your arm if you like though, I just like mine hidden. You wear it for 3 weeks and then miss it for a week, same as you'd do with most pills.

This is the one I use: EVRA - Welcome to Evra

xx

Might be worth googling your local family planning clinic. My docs are difficult to get an appointment with and the family planning clinics often have drop in appointments where you don't have to book. Plus, it's what they do all day so they are totally used to it.

There are loads of things out there to try. Best discuss it with whoever you go to see!! Just has to fit in with your life thats all!!:D

xx

i jus got an appointment for monday afternoon, am i better going to a family plannin centre tho?

sorry for all the questions lol

xxx

either or I suppose.....just don't think my doctor has to know about my sex life!! lol!!:D

Make sure you have notes of when your last period was and when it started and ended......they ask you horrible things like that.:eek:

thanks hun, there is a drop in session at the hospital (2 min walk) from mine in the mornin so will go then, then if no god i still have doctors appointment lol

and yes this does mean my date went well, and things r gettin serious, n shud be official in few weeks :D hahah

xxx

awwwwww hun!! I am muchos pleased for you!! :D

good plan there batman....you are on a mission!! don't worry, they're all fine. I've been going to one fp clinic or another since I was 16.....so they aren't going to think you're odd or anything!! :D

Now I must do my paranoid bit......you never know what you can get these days. I'd get tested and get him tested before even considering doing anything without condoms!!!!! (they will happily give you free condoms at the fp clinic as well!!)

Would rather go get that done than end up infertile because of something silly....

xx

I was on the pill before I went on the CD. I always felt hungry and I ate what I wanted, when I wanted. It properly wasn't "the pill" but I blamed it. I am not "the pill" anymore, but on a pill which is the same hormone which is in the implant. I take a pill everyday, and it should stop my periods. Its great, because I asked the doctor if it was ok to use while on a strict diet.

Hope this helps!

Lou xx

Back