The power of photography

faye cheshire

Silver Member
You can kid yourself you look ok but when someone post a photo of you on facebook it is such a shock to see how you really look. Maybe a good thing.

Every time I fancy a cake or cheese or wine I will visualise that photo

Faye Cheshire

its what kick started me to loose weight. two months after i had my son i had all the family over to visit and omg @the pics. they are so depressing lmao. but now i use pictures in a different way to SHOW me how far i have actually come =]

Definitely!!

I think I have developed tricks and techniques to make myself look as good as I possibly can in photos but there is no doubt about it - I am just kidding myself.

It's those sneaky photos you didn't realise were being taken that can capture how you really look and surprise you into action - for me photographs are a big motivator!!

I recommend that everyone has a picture taken at the start of your SW journey, I know it's the hardest thing to do but if you don't then afterwards you will curse yourself as you loose all that weight, I didn't have on taken & had to look at every pic of me to find any at my heaviest.
Be determined about loosing the weight & stay motivated, your body will reward you with better health, reduced illness & a general good feeling.
Been there, done it! Good luck......
Pete

This Is what happend to me my sister took a pic of me and put it on facebook, I was like omg am I really that big!
When I started SW I printed the pic put it on my fridge, so when I go to snack it reminds me that the snacks not worth it and have some fruit instead. Works everytime. Now in my 6 th week of SW I love it and am half a lb off my first stone. Seen a big change in my body already and the more I loose the more determined I become.
i wish I had done it sooner I am actually looking forward to my holiday this year rather then worrying what I am going to look like! X

Same here too. If it wasn't for my so called best mate posting a really ugly horrific picture of me on facebook I would never have joined, I would but only after another few years of kidding myself. It was terrible and looking back now, as much as I still hate and cringe at it, without it I wouldn't be here.

This is so true! Whenever I get a "you've been tagged in a photo" notification its like :-O and just dread it! Before I was kidding myself but I know deep down its not normal to feel that way...had a picture posted of me recently and it was the kick I needed to do something about it, seeing it as that picture could save my life, needs to be something dramatic to make me do it!

I just avoid the camera whenever I see it out, but since losing some, I have let people take pictures and although I hate them it motivates me to want to lose more. I did do the obligatory underwear shot in the bedroom mirror at the start of my journey and that was enough to scare me. Lets hope my phone never goes missing...

I just avoid the camera whenever I see it out, but since losing some, I have let people take pictures and although I hate them it motivates me to want to lose more. I did do the obligatory underwear shot in the bedroom mirror at the start of my journey and that was enough to scare me. Lets hope my phone never goes missing...

Thank God for digital cameras - at least we no longer have to take them down to Boots!!

This thread is de ja vu for me! A horrific photo of me in my 'slimming top' .. Well what I thought made me look slim was the shock i needed to make me start slimming world!! I am determined that I will no longer dread the you've been tagged notification and will eventually be able to remove the block I have on publishing on my timeline!!!! I will have a slim profile picture!!!

Oh hope you don't mind me commenting, especially as some of your posts have made me laugh, especially Lian H ! I must get me a "now" picture and stick on my fridge, but I have the answer to my bottom half, I stand behind my Grandies...or anything else I can find! My biggest shock was walking past my daughters full length bedroom mirror, and I did a double take ans had to go back and look again. OMG!! that scared me for life! :eek:

When I did SW before and lost 3 stone, I actually enjoyed having my photo taken. When I look at those photos I look totally relaxed with no bag held as a shield over my stomach and with the smile actually reaching my eyes. Now, if I can't avoid the camera all together, I always try to hide behind something and my smile is forced. I was so stupid to put the weight on again! I'm completely determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off so I can regain the confidence and enjoy having my pic taken once more. This avoiding having my photo taken is a double edged sword too. Not wanting to sound like a sob story but both my parents were killed when I was fourteen and the few photos I have of them are very precious to me and, though I've no intention of popping off just yet, I want my son and daughter to have plenty of photographs with us all on them. I haven't willingly had my picture taken for years and this has got to change. :)

This Is what happend to me my sister took a pic of me and put it on facebook, I was like omg am I really that big!
When I started SW I printed the pic put it on my fridge, so when I go to snack it reminds me that the snacks not worth it and have some fruit instead. Works everytime. Now in my 6 th week of SW I love it and am half a lb off my first stone. Seen a big change in my body already and the more I loose the more determined I become.
i wish I had done it sooner I am actually looking forward to my holiday this year rather then worrying what I am going to look like! X

I have some photos that just make me cringe! I look so self conscious in them as well!
I think I'm going to print one off and put it on my fridge as motivation, thanks for the tip!

IMG_0061.JPG

Here's a great before and after... It is only now i can look at the old photo of myself and realise I was in a pretty bad place.

Those photos really show how far you've come gazter!

When we have a night out, I am the one taking the photos usually, and when someone else takes them I mainly hide my body behind who ever else is in the shot and lift the chin to remove the double one so there not too bad, but then I go scanning all the pics every one uploads the next day and it is inevitable I am in a few in the back ground not realising and I am horrified at what I look like when I haven't prepped myself ha!

We can say what we want about facebook - it's probably made A LOT of people around the world re-assess their eating habits!

I'm still irrationally terrified of the camera but I took another picture today and compared it to the start and I'm quite surprised!

Attachments

• 1371585700473.jpg
    1371585700473.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 154
Back