The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Hi Stevie!

I noticed you'd used low low cheese as a pasta sauce a while back... Can I ask how you did this? I'm assuming you just stirred it through the pasta on a low heat but did you need to add any water or anything? Having it for lunch tomorrow, trying to spice up my diary lol! Thanks x

Hey hun! Yeah, you got it. I just fried off a load of Quorn pieces, mushrooms and onions, added them to boiled pasta and stirred half a tub of Low Low (HExA) through. You can keep a little bit of the boiling water from the pasta and add that a little at a time if you need to make the sauce go further xx

Morning diary, happy Friday! It's a gorgeous day here today - far too nice to be stuck in an office working.

So far so good with being back on plan. No hiccups yet - and hopefully it will stay that way! I've really tried to plan my weekend so hopefully I should be okay :)

I'm having another Red day today...

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Orange (S) and Grapes

Lunch:
- Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad (3.5 Syns)
- Walls Mini Twister Ice Lolly (2.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta (HExB) stuffed with Bacon, Cheese (HExA), and homemade Salsa (Chopped Tomatoes
(S), Red Pepper (S), Red Onion (S), Fresh Tomatoes (S) and Chilli (S))
- Thai Sweet Chilli Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)

Other:
- Penguin Biscuit (5 Syns)
- Mini MilkyBar (3.5 Syns)
- Tiny taster piece of Chocolate Soreen (2 Syns?)
- Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns) made up with Milk (HExA)
- Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Healthy A: 40g Low Low Grated & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta & Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 22.5
Weekly Syns: 32.5 / 105

Last edited:
When on a red/green day, do you not take advantage of the additional healthy extras? I need to take out shares in alpen!! :D

Yes, I do! That's the whole reason I do Red / Green days. I just haven't decided what my second choice will be - I usually update as I go along :)

Took my mam to do the shopping at Asda earlier this evening and there was a lady giving away samples of chocolate Soreen malt loaf. A tiny little bit did slip into my mouth, but I really do mean it was tiny. Doing the sensible thing though and allowing 2 Syns for it. Big step for me - usually I'd just think "meh, that doesn't count". Cracking week so far :)

Chocolate malt loaf sounds nice ! Bet you don't get much for syns though lol x

5 Syns per 1/8th of a loaf! So per slice basically. It is really yummy though. And it was on offer for 25p!! xx

Morning diary. Had a very busy but enjoyable weekend. Didn't stick to my plans 100%, but think I did the best I could. I ended up going out after the BBQ on Saturday night so had a few more Syns than I had planned for. Hadn't had many throughout the week though so hopefully that will even it out a little. Had a gorgeous meal at the Indian last night too. Again, had a little more than I'd planned for (a few pickles and a starter including an onion bahji) but that was pretty much all I'd had to eat yesterday so I think I am going to be okay. The main thing is that I'm not beating myself up about it. I enjoyed myself and that's the main thing :)

Back on it today! One last push to even things out a little before Weigh In on Tuesday. I think I'll have a Red day to try and reduce any bloat.

Red

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries (S) and Grapes
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Lunch:
- Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad (3.5 Syns)

Dinner:
-

Other:
-

Healthy A:
Healthy B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 3.5

Good morning diary :)

1.5lb off at WI last night - would have liked more as I'd really planned my treats and stuff this week, and although I had a little extra than I'd planned for I thought I was still well within my Syns and probably looking at a good loss. But hey ho it's in the right direction and the first loss I've had in 4 weeks so I shouldn't really complain!

Going for another good week this week. Next week is going to be quite difficult as I have Rihanna and North East Live within two days of each other, both of which are going to include eating out and probably quite a lot to drink, so I'd like to smash a decent amount off this week ahead of that.

As a positive though, a colleague I hadn't seen for a little while told me yesterday that I am looking particularly slim! So even though I had gained 5.5lb over the last 4-5 weeks it is nice to know that I must still look okay. To me I look like a big bloated mess at the moment, but I guess sometimes it is all in your head. I also posted a new picture on Facebook at the weekend of me in a lovely summery maxi dress, and people were commenting how lovely and slim I looked. So that is always a boost, and I will focus on that rather than what the scales have said this week. Sometimes it is not all about the numbers.

Going to start off my new week with a nice Green day . . .

Green

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- Strawberries (SS), Blueberries, Pomegranate and Grapes

Lunch:
- Ryvita (HExB) topped with Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes (S)

Dinner:
- Shepherds Pie made with Quorn Mince (S), Mushrooms (S), Onion (S), Peas (SS) and half a pouch of Bisto Pour Over (1 Syn). Topped with Potato and Cheese (HExA), and served with Carrots (S), Cauliflower (S) and Broccoli (S)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Glass of Milk (HExA)
- 4 x Rich Tea Fingers (4 Syns)

Healthy A: 40g Low Low Grated & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 4 x Ryvita Original & 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 5 / 105

Last edited:
Well done on the loss!! Don't worry if you struggle to stick 100% when you're out two days in a row, you seem to be overcoming the struggle of getting back on plan the next day, which will help you not gain! Just keep in mind that one off plan meal won't make you gain, just as one on plan meal won't make you lose. You can do it :) xx

Just thought I would share my picture from the weekend - it's been a little while since I've uploaded a recent photo (please excuse the sunburn!)

image.jpeg

Well done on the loss!! Don't worry if you struggle to stick 100% when you're out two days in a row, you seem to be overcoming the struggle of getting back on plan the next day, which will help you not gain! Just keep in mind that one off plan meal won't make you gain, just as one on plan meal won't make you lose. You can do it :) xx

Well done on your loss

Thank you both!! :) xx

Back