The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Looking fab, fab, FAB in the dress from the weekend - the new photos in the sig are incredible, really show how far you've come!

I wouldn't get too hung up on the scales babe - I know you tend to have a pattern of big losses, big gains etc. but think of it as settling into a more healthy and sustainable routine of weight loss. Most of us who follow the plan fairly consistently are only averaging losses of 1-2lb each week so it's much better longer term for this to be your pattern. I know it doesn't help when you want more but it's best to be realistic! xx

Easier said than done! Plus I find it keeps me on plan - if I see a good loss it makes me want to continue to be good and see if I can push it even lower. Similarly, if I see a result I'm not too happy with it makes me determined to stay focused and get the number down by the time WI comes around. Each to their own!
Another scale hopper here! I did really well the first half of the year, didn't weigh myself at home. Then once I had my holiday and everything I couldn't help peeking again! It's mostly on a Monday, when I know weigh in is close. Ive done it tonight, I'll do it tomorrow and then again before weigh in on Wednesday lol can't help it!

If you've lost 2lb while being on your period and bloated, I think you've done bloody well. Xx

Well I've taken the plunge and joined online this evening !!!!!!! So here goes no doubt it won't be long before I'm seeking inspiration from the people on here ........

Morning diary!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am dreading WI though! According to my scales this morning it's a bloody (no pun intended!) maintain :( Feeling really fed up. I shouldn't be feeling like this after the fantastic week I've had, but I can't help it. I feel like all of that hard word has just been ruined by something I can't control at all. It's very annoying. So much for having that 10lb back off!!

Nevermind. No point moaning about it too much. Like I said, I can't do anything about it so just have to get on with it. I'll be in a right state tonight though if it's a maintain, or even worse...a gain!! I don't even want to think about it actually. I can feel myself getting worked up already.

Not going to let this knock me off the rails though. I've got my Indian takeaway planned for tea tonight. The usual - Chicken Jalfrezi, rice and salad. Yum!! I also made a Tiramisu last night which I left to set in the fridge, so that will be dessert. It was really easy to make. I'm planning on having it for my pudding Christmas day, so this is sort of a trial run. It works out at 2.5 Syns, as it's just 2 sponge fingers (2 Syns) broken up and soaked in strong black coffee. For the "filling" I mixed together a vanilla Muller Light and some Total 0% Greek yogurt with a little extra vanilla extract and sweetener. Then I just layered it up - sponge fingers, yogurt, sponge fingers, yogurt, etc. Last layer was yogurt and then I finished it off with a sprinkling of hot chocolate. I used the Galaxy Bubbles and used 1/4 of a sachet max. So that's where the half a Syn comes from. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

Anyway, will report back later on tonight x

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Banana
- Caffe Nero Regular Cappuccino with Skimmed Milk (1.5 Syns) and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup

Lunch:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Dinner (Indian Takeaway):
- 350g Chicken Jalfrezi (8.5 Syns) with Boiled Rice and Salad (Lettuce (S), Onion (S), Cucumber (S), Tomato (S) and Peas (SS))

Other:
- Tiramisu (2.5 Syns)
- Mini Galaxy Ripple (4.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: N/A
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 17
Weekly Syns: 103.5 / 105

Last edited:
Your tiramisu sounds amazing! Take some pics please!

RE weigh in. You need to be looking at the bigger picture. You're doing this for the overall end result, not for Tuesday night only!

You've had a brilliant week, and if it doesn't show tonight, then it will another week. But it's still keeping you healthy, and chipping away at your weight to get you where you want to be at the end of all this xx

Your tiramisu sounds amazing! Take some pics please!

RE weigh in. You need to be looking at the bigger picture. You're doing this for the overall end result, not for Tuesday night only!

You've had a brilliant week, and if it doesn't show tonight, then it will another week. But it's still keeping you healthy, and chipping away at your weight to get you where you want to be at the end of all this xx

I know deep down that you are right, but that's just not the way my mind works. I need to be seeing those results on the scales each week. I'm really nervous and I know I shouldn't be after the week I've had. The joys of being a woman!! Arghhhh.

Will keep plodding on though, no matter the result. I just really wanted to smash off as much of this weight before Christmas. Now it looks as though I may not even get back down to where I was (11st 6.5lb) as I only have 2 WI's left after tonight and 4.5lb to go. The way things have been going (slower than normal losses) I just can't see it happening now which is really disheartening as I feel like I've really let myself down.

Nevermind, will see what the "proper" scales say tonight xx

I was a scale hopper but ended up throwing mine out as it started taking over. I really want some again though, I like having a bit of a warning before weigh in. I totally get your mentality and I would be the same but try not to be too hard on yourself!x

I was a scale hopper but ended up throwing mine out as it started taking over. I really want some again though, I like having a bit of a warning before weigh in. I totally get your mentality and I would be the same but try not to be too hard on yourself!x

Thanks hun. They really keep me focused. It never used to, they used to send me bizerk! But now if I hop on and see a good loss it encourages me to stay on plan. If it's not looking great it makes me push harder as I'm determined to get those scales saying what I want them to say! I know they are bad news for some though. Each to their own!

Fingers crossed for tonight :fingerscrossed: I promise not to be too hard on myself - will report back ASAP xx

Hopefully tonight's weigh in will tell you a different story and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Bev, I hope so!! :) xx

Why oh why does weigh day go sooooo slowly!? I just want to go and get it over and done with!!

I'm with you there! Btw your new sig pics are just like wow. I'd never believe you were the same girl! What's your natural hair colour? x

I'm naturally a mousey blonde colour. The before pic was when I was stripping my hair from a very dark plum colour, almost black. It was an awful orangey ginger for a little while (as you can see!!). I have been every colour under the sun! Different shades of blonde, brown, ginger, purple, pink...lol! xx

Last edited:
♥ The Princess Diaries ♥

1.5lb off, yay!! :)

Back