The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Hey Stevie, sorry you're still feeling poo.

You do know that stress effects our bodies too? Maybe all the stress and worry over grandad is making your body be all weird and grasp onto those fat cells? Maybe like a little comfort blanket? Especially if you haven't really allowed it to sink in, maybe that little niggle in the back of your mind is affecting you in other ways?

You're right, there's nothing that you can do to change what's happened, all you can do it work for next weeks loss.

Also a massive well done on not going on a crazy binge last night. There's no way that would have made you feel any better, and you clearly recognised that.

Like skulldilocks said, you're in a really happy place at the moment and it's lovely to see! You're beautiful, and you are slim, and you and woz seem really really happy. Those pooey scales aren't going to take any of that away from you xxxxxxx

Food looks lovely today, keep yourself filling with these comfort foods and you'll do great! I agree about the stress thing mentioned above. A lot of people at my group seem to say stress helps them lose but it certainly isn't the same for me! Hugs x

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your Grandad, I really do hope he gets better soon. Big hugs for you Stevie!Last night was probably just the tipping point and emotion just took over. Try and think positively and take each day as it comes. Thinking about you xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with your grandfather. It sounds as though your upset last night was as much a reaction to this as it was to your gain. How lovely that Warren came round and was so supportive.

One thing that struck me about your post was this: I thought that, even with everything that is going on, Slimming World and losing weight is the one thing that I could control. But obviously not! It is so frustrating. You can (and 99.9% of the time you do) control SW and what you put into your mouth, but you can't control what your body does and yes, that is so frustrating. Reread the article in the current magazine about being kind to yourself and think about what you'd say to someone else in your situation - (you won't have to think too hard because you've always been so generous in your support!) - and then take your own advice!

One thing I do wonder if it's worth considering is about dropping your daily average of Syns? Perhaps only by a couple so that you still have room to manoeuver as you get nearer still to target?

I tell you what, you Mini's lot are so wonderful. With all of your words of wisdom and support. So pleased I did not run away like I would have in the past. Coming back on here and reading all of your message is really helping me to see sense and to keep going. I really can't thank you all enough xxxxx

Sorry to hear about your grandad and the scales. Your a fighter and strong. As you say you have come straight back on it, your here and to plan and haven't gone back to old ways. Well done xx

Good woman for coming back! Sorry to hear about your granda. I think your responsible attitude of keeping on track despite the gain will pay dividends next week.

One thing you could try is to maybe eat an extra meal on the weekend days? I often eat only a brunch and dinner on a Saturday/Sunday because I have a lie in or I'm busy/not hungry etc. But I've been trying really hard recently to have a little more often, i.e. a banana when I wake up and then brunch later with some fruit/snacks in between brunch and dinner.

I read somewhere that "skipping meals" can cause your weight loss to slow down as your body isn't getting enough consistent energy despite an overall reduction in calorie intake. I know that you're absolutely not skipping meals, it's just the way the day works out but perhaps the same logic applies?!

Something to maybe try if you haven't been as happy with your losses but have been 100% on track! xx

I can't add anymore words of wisdom that haven't been said already.

What I can say is re your grandad, is Bob's mum went in a nursing home last year, after his dad died she is mentally sound but can't look after herself and it was a tough decision we felt like we were being mean, but she needs 24 hour care & we can now see it was the best decision to make, she is happy enough there and we still do the things we used to do. x

Right everyone. I'm looking for a bit of advice. And since you guys are always really full of the good stuff, I came here first.

Warren and I had planned to go to Pizza Express for tea on Friday night. I was going to treat myself to one of the Leggera pizzas (the one with the hole in the middle, filled with salad) for 25 Syns. But after last night, I feel like I don't really deserve it or that I shouldn't go. Because if I gain on a 100% on plan week, then how is my body going to react to pizza!? Even though it will still be within my weekly allowance of 105 Syns.

Last night in anger and frustration I said to Woz that I wasn't going anymore. Then, after sleeping on it, I'm thinking today that that's not really fair. It's not fair on him - he's not on a diet. And it's not fair on me - I'd been looking forward to it, had it planned out for the last week or so. I don't think it's fair that I should deprive myself or feel like I have to miss out. But then the feeling of last night and remembering that gain comes to the forefront of my mind again.

What would you do? Not go? Go? Go and have the pizza as planned? Go and have something else, a salad maybe? I am just feeling totally lost at the moment. Last night has totally caught me off guard and really knocked my confidence in the plan. I feel like I don't know how to follow plan or what to do anymore. Even though I know I followed plan last week, and last weeks gain could have been due to anything.

Sorry for yet another ramble. I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance / guidance :confused:

Last edited:
If it's within syns, I'd go. Wouldn't even think about it.

You need to have a life too Stevie, it's all within your weekly limits and actually, it sounds like you need something to look forward to! x

Thanks Lily. I'm now just stuck in the mindset of "well I didn't have it last week and I gained, so what the hell is going to happen next Tuesday if I do have it", you know what I mean? x

Thanks Lily. I'm now just stuck in the mindset of "well I didn't have it last week and I gained, so what the hell is going to happen next Tuesday if I do have it", you know what I mean? x

I know hunny, I really do. And you don't want to do anything that will sabotage it. I totally get it.

I think what you should do is plan 3 meals a day for the next week, make sure you're getting 1/3rd superfree, build in your HEx's and syns and you will get a fabulous loss!

Half a pound is nothing - its basically like drinking a pint of water before jumping on the scales!! You will have it off and more next week if you plan and stick with it. You planned for Friday - now stick with it!! xx

I would go, you had it all planned out and you always do your lower syn days to make up for it anyway. For me personally, the other dishes at Pizza Express just aren't as fulfilling and still synful so I'd stick to what you wanted. Don't see it as a treat, just see it as a part of the week and you can work round it.
Like I said earlier, Warren understands and I'm sure he wouldn't sit and eat ice cream in front of you after :)
x

Thanks ladies. I knew I was looking in the right place on here, sound advice as always. I particularly think the point about forgetting last night and carrying on as normal is a good one. I know I am dwelling on it, but it is just such a shock and a disappointment. I am trying to pick myself up and move on from it though, my confidence has just been knocked a little.

Thanks again. What would I do without you all xx

So pleased you didn't go home and binge! It will come off again next week, its only 1/2lb!bless Warren for comforting you, he sounds like a proper sweetheart.

Sorry about your grandad, old age is the cruelest thing :( chris' grandma has gone through the same, she's just gone into a home its such an upsetting, stressul time for the family. Hope you're feeling better about everything todayy hun xxx

Back