The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Stevie sorry to hear about your grandad. My thoughts are with you & your family. He will be looking down on you and be proud. Lots of love xx

So sorry to hear of your loss my thoughts are with you and family

My selfie..... NO MAKE UP.... Ha ha ha.... Have donated tooooooo xx

View attachment 130212

Made me laugh......thanks xxxx

Hi guys, happy Saturday. Have been pretty quiet on here and just wanted to let you all know why...

My grandad passed away on Thursday night. We got a phonecall, at about 6.30pm, from the nurse at the home he was in to say she was with him and it was all really quick. In the end it was heart failure that got him, and not the cancer. He passed peacefully in his sleep - one minute he was sound asleep snoring, and the next he just drifted off. It was exactly how we would have wanted him to go. No gasping for breath or suffering. It is sad for us all, to think that we will never see him again. But I am relieved for him. It has been so tough the last week or so and he has hated it, this is what he wanted and he got his wish. Plus, I know he will now be reunited with my nanna who he lost 25 years ago. As well as some of his brothers and sisters. So that gives me some comfort.

One thing I have been determined to do is to stay on plan, and not use this as a reason to go off the rails. I know my grandad was proud of me for losing this weight, and I want to continue to make him proud. Everything else is a bit out of my control at the moment, but this is the one thing I can stay in charge of.

Anyway, life must go on!

This is how today is looking. Will update with any extras as the day goes on...

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Brunch:
- Bacon, Scrambled Egg and Mushrooms (S)

Dinner:
- Roasted Butternut Squash (S) stuffed with Bolognese (EL Mince, Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Onion (S), Carrot (S), Celery (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Tomato Puree (S)) and Cheese (HExA)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Healthy Extra A:
30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 0
Weekly Syns: 25 / 105

You know Stevie, sometimes nature is very kind. Your granddad was blessed to have such a peaceful passing rather than see the cancer out to the end. You know me well enough to know that I am not trying to minimise how you and your family are feeling at the moment, you must all be devastated to lose the patriarch of your family but I promise after having nursed one of my closest friends who had cancer through the last 8 weeks of her life I would not wish what she and her family went through on anyone. Pau'ls father went the same way as your grandfather He had a heart attack before he had finished his chemo and when we had all got over the initial grief we were happy he went that way.

Right onto your food.........it is looking sooooo good. I love reading your daily menus. Well done for staying on the SW wagon. Your granddad would be proud of you xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that Hun xx well done for staying on plan, like you say it's so easy to just not bother but what's the point of that when you will probably feel better if you stick to plan anyway, hope you're ok chick xx

Thanks so much everyone.

Have taken my mam to Sainsbury's this afternoon to get the food shopping in, think it was nice for her to just get out of the house. Although she is baring up really well and is incredibly strong. As I said, it's just a relief to her that he is no longer suffering and the fact he's with my Nanna is comforting too.

Anyway that passed a couple of hours. I treat us to a drink in the cafe afterwards too - a latte for my mam and a diet Pepsi for me lol.

Just waiting for my BNS to roast and then I'm going to have that before I head to Warren's for the night. He has been incredible, he never let go of me and snuggled into me last night. He does so much for me anyway, lots of little things, but even more so this weekend. He even came round and brought my mam a lovely bunch of flowers last night to let her know he is thinking of her. Bless him, he is so good and I feel very lucky.

Anyway, thank you all again for your lovely messages. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone xx

So sorry to hear about your grandad. Well done for staying on plan, im sure he'd be so proud of you. Big hugs xx

Oh darling girl. I can completely empathise; my grandad passed away from motor neurone disease a couple of years ago. It was the worst day of my life but ultimately he was poorly and it was his time. Your grandad went in peace and that is all we can ever ask for. Your grandad will have been proud of you with losing weight and will be with you keeping it together for your mum. Thinking of you. Loads of love xxxx.

Thanks again everyone for all of the lovely, kind words. My mam has an appointment tomorrow to register his death, so after that it should get the ball rolling with organising the funeral etc. It won't be a big funeral, he wasn't big on things like that and he wouldn't have wanted a fuss. There won't be a church, just straight to the crematorium at Darlington. The same place my Nanna was cremated and scattered. Then they will finally be together again.

Just having a lazy day today. Tucked up in bed with Warren as we speak, catching up on Hollyoaks with a cup of tea and a rocky road. Going to make the most of today and then while I'm off work tomorrow I'll get some jobs done, see if there is anything I can do for my mam whilst she is out getting things sorted.

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Red

Brunch:
- Strawberries (SS), Raspberries (S), Blueberries (S) and Grapes
- 19g multipack bag of Sour Cream and Chive Walkers Pops (4 Syns)
- Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Dinner:
- Chicken Breast (S) stuffed with Mozzarella
(HExA) and Jalapeños (S), and wrapped in Bacon. Served with Carrot 'Chips' (S) and Roasted Vegetables (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion(S))

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- 25g Cadbury Hoppy Bunny Chocolate (6.5 Syns)
- Mini Kinder Bar (3.5 Syns)
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 45g Mozzarella
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 55 / 105

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your Grandad Stevie.

Well done for sticking to plan, it sounds like you're being really supportive to your Mum which is lovely :)

So sorry to hear your news, Stevie, although glad to hear it was very peaceful and that he has been reuntied with your Nanna after so long apart.

You have been so incredibly strong staying on plan - you are such an inspiration to us all.

Good to hear Warren is taking good care of you and giving you lots of snuggle time :)

xx

Morning Stevie, hope you've had a great weekend and enjoy your day off today :)

How are you feeling about WI tomorrow? Have you had a sneak peak? I really do hope you have a loss! Fingers and toes crossed for you :D xxx

Morning from me too xxx

Morning PS :), hope you had a lovely weekend. Your food dairy has been really good this week. Well done for sticking with the plan despite the tough week you've had to go through. I hope you have a really great loss tomorrow, fingers crossed for you hun, and for me and emma , the Tuesday gang :D !

Kay xx

Morning everyone. I can't tell you all how kind and supportive you all are. Thank you again for all of the messages, it really does mean an awful lot. You all help to keep me going when things get tough.

A bit nervous for WI tomorrow. Have had a sneaky peek this morning and showing a 1lb loss, which I am disappointed with. After my maintain last week I was hoping for a little more, especially as I'm only 3lb away from my 4st award. But I know as you get closer to target it often starts slowing right down, so I shouldn't realy complain. The only thing that worries me is that I am already thinking I'm not going to be happy at my 10st target. I am 10st 13.5lb now and I still feel pretty big. I can't see 13.5lb making that much difference if I'm honest. But then what if I want to lower it? If I can't even lose this last stone then what chance do I stand lol! Nevermind, we will have to wait and see. No point worrying about it until it happens.
Just having a bit of a lazy morning. I've just got up and put breakfast in the oven, and then come and jumped back into bed. Going to enjoy my breakfast here and then I'm going to get up and tidy around my room. Then I told my brother I would make him some burgers (he loves the BabyBel burgers), so I'll make up a batch of them for the freezer. And he's also asked if I will do some baking. He is a big gym bunny at the moment and has found a recipe for some cookies which are made with protein powder, oats and peanut butter, etc. So I told him I will give them a go. It will keep me busy anyway, and I do enjoy baking!
Back to work tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it. I could get used to these long weekends!

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Mini Vegetable (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) and Cheese (HExA) Quiches served with 3 x Quorn Low Fat Sausages (S) and Baked Beans (SS)

Snack:
- 2 x Weight Watchers Milk Chocolage Digestive Biscuits (4 Syns)

Dinner:
- Hotpot made with Potatoes, Onion (S), 100g Princes Lean Corned Beef (2 Syns) and a Knorr Beef Stock Pot. Served with Vegetables (Carrot (S), Cauliflower (S), Green Beans (S) and Peas (SS))

Other:
- 3 x Weight Watchers Milk Chocolage Digestive Biscuits (6 Syns)
- Mini Lindt Bunny (3 Syns)
- Dark Chocolate Special K Chewy Delight (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 70 / 105

Last edited:
Back