The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Ooooh, I am excited!!!

Does anybody love those cornflake / rice crispie nest cakes you can get? You know from Greggs and the like. With the Mini Eggs on the top?

Well...I think I may have just thought up a low Syn recipe for them, which would make them just 4.5 Syns each! I'm going to pop to Tesco when I finish work and pick up a few bits, and then I'll have a go at making them tonight.

Will report back later ;)

Ok, so here they are...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1397751269.947590.jpg

Not sure how well these will turn out, as they are currently in the fridge setting. And I can't actually try one today because I'm trying to stay Syn free, but...

Scan Bran Easter egg Nest Cakes!

I made 9 for 3.5 Syns each, using:
4 x Freddo (20 Syns)
5 x Scan Bran (5 Syns)
8 x Mini Eggs (6 Syns)
(31 / 9 = 3.444r OR rounded up 3.5)

Smash / blitz the scan bran into pieces. Meanwhile, over a pan of hot water, melt the Freddo's. Stir in the scan bran so that it all becomes coated with the chocolate, and then scoop into little cupcake cases. Finish each cake with 2 Mini Eggs and pop in the fridge to set.

I will give my mam the odd 1 with the missing mini egg :giggle:

Great idea!!!x

Not tried them yet, as I'm trying to stay Syn Free until at least tomorrow, but my mam and dad had one last night. My dad said they were passable lol! And my mam said they were lovely, to say they were made with scan bran. I think I'll have one tomorrow. I'll be baking Warren's chocolate cake tomorrow so may be in need of a fix! Xx

I want to hear how they tasted! I'm not really into scan bran!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I shall report back, don't worry!! Probably tomorrow. I am one of these strange people who actually doesn't mind SB, so hoping the addition of chocolate will make them even better! xx

Afternoon diary! I'm late posting today. I have to say, after popping into Rochelle's diary earlier this morning and seeing she'd been for a nice jog in the sunshine, it inspired me to! Well I actually ended up walking, because when I tried to jog my running pants were falling down lol!! No wonder though, they are a size L and I've had them pretty much since I started. Anyway, I walked a brisk 3.5 miles and I'm feeling so good for it!! I would only have been sat in the house bored, as Warren is working, so at least I got to enjoy a bit of sunshine! I think my mam and me are going to get up in the morning and do the same again!

I actually feel quite strange today. The fact that it's almost half past 12 and I've not eaten a single thing yet, or even thought about it. Please don't anybody shout at me :eek: I'm just not hungry at all. I've had about 3 cups of black tea and some NAS juice whilst out walking, but nothing foodwise. Sometimes you just get days like this, where you don't feel hungry. And other days you could eat anything and everything that gets in your way lol!

So I'm afraid my food diary is looking pretty scarce today. I will be having a nice chicken salad later on for tea, but apart from that I'm not really sure if / what I'll be having. Have got my soup in the fridge though so if I do start to feel hungry I'll have a bowl of that!

Also, as I've said, aiming to be Syn Free again today!

Happy Easter all x

Green

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- N/A, wasn't hungry!

Lunch:
- Mini Vegetable (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)) Quiches with Baked Beans (SS)
- Frozen Grapes

Dinner:
- Roasted Butternut Squash (S) and Red Pepper (S) Soup
- Banana
- Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Other:
- Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB)
- Coffee made with Milk (HExA)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 0
Weekly Syns: 0 / 105

Last edited:
Just starting to feel a little peckish, so have got some little quiches on the go in the oven!

Congratulations on your 4 stone loss. You look amazing. I can't wait to be 10.5 away from target. Its def doable to reach target on your birthday. Wow what a great day that will be for you x

I wish I got days when I wasn't hungry LOL can guarantee I'm always ready for my next meal! Pleased I inspired you to go out for a walk, the weathers supposed to change again in Sunday so we best make the most of it! Mind you I'll still jog even if it's a bit grey lol I bloody love jogging. xx

Hey PS, hope you didn't mind, I added you to IG, I'm a newbie on there so still finding my way :D, only managed to post a few food pics, not got beyond that yet, need to spend some time on it to work it out lol. Hope your having a lovely weekend hun. :) Oh and I loved your eater cakes, nom nom .

Kay xx

Morning diary, happy Saturday. Just woke up with the worst cramps ever. Bloody Mother Nature!! So I'm just sat having a nice warm coffee and a banana, as I always find something warm soothes my tummy and have heard that potassium in bananas can help too? Worth a try.

Anyway, thankfully MN doesn't seem to be affecting the scales. Down to 10st 7.8lb this morning at home - wowzers!! I'm aware I've not had any Syns yet all week though, so things could change.

I was meant to be going out for tea with Warren on Monday, which is his birthday, but we've changed plans slightly. Because I'm back to work Tuesday, it meant I couldn't really have a drink. Not that I plan on getting drunk, but it would be nice to have the option of a few drinks. So we're going to go Sunday instead. Going to Darlington and having a few drinks, then heading to Pizza Express for tea. Maybe a few more drinks and then I'll stop at Warren's so I can wake up with him on his birthday. I think I'm more excited than him lol. Can't wait to give him his presents and spoil him :D Then on Monday we're just going to go out for the afternoon. I think we're planning a mooch to Middlesbrough - or if it's chucking down it will be the MetroCentre. As he wants to do a bit of shopping. And then I've told him I'll make tea for us. He's asked for burgers which sounds good to me!

Today is going to be busy, busy, busy! Just having my breakfast and then I'm going to get dressed and go for a nice long walk again. My mam and dad usually go together, but I'm normally at work. Anyway, I told my mam I'd been yesterday (they were out doing the food shopping) and she said she'd come with me today. And then back home to make Warren's cake!! It will take hours I'd imagine as it's to bake, cool, ice and decorate. But I'm sure it will be worth it. I love the sense of achievement you get making something from start to finish.

Anyway, I best shake a leg! As I say, I'm too busy today to be sat around lol! Will try and get around the diaries later on when I get a minute. Have a great Saturday all x

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Banana

Lunch:
- Roasted Butternut Squash (S) and Red Pepper (S) Soup

Dinner:
- Warm Butterfly Chicken (S) and Bacon Salad (Mixed Leaves (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S)) with Grilled Halloumi (HExA) and 2 x tbsp. Lighter Than Light Mayo (1 Syn)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Milk throughout the day (HExA)
- 6 x 330ml bottles of Bud Light (24 Syns)
- Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 35g Halloumi & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 25
Weekly Syns: 25 / 105

Last edited:
Wow, I'm feeling great! Did a lovely 4 mile walk this morning with my mam. Took us about an hour but it flew over. So that's about 7.5 miles I've done yesterday and today! My cramps feel better too - they do say that exercise helps don't they!

Just made the cake batter and it's in the oven cooking. These are the ingredients, so you can imagine the Syns in it lol...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1397907157.696846.jpg

Can't wait for it to cook and cool so I can start decorating it! Will post a picture of the finished thing :)

Wow, I'm feeling great! Did a lovely 4 mile walk this morning with my mam. Took us about an hour but it flew over. So that's about 7.5 miles I've done yesterday and today! My cramps feel better too - they do say that exercise helps don't they!

Just made the cake batter and it's in the oven cooking. These are the ingredients, so you can imagine the Syns in it lol...

View attachment 134227

Can't wait for it to cook and cool so I can start decorating it! Will post a picture of the finished thing :)

The finished result...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1397924184.553724.jpg

...and not a single bowl, spoon or finger has been licked! Just off to shine my halo x

Hi Stevie, could you give me the recipe for the butternut squash and red pepper soup please? ik think i'm going to attempt it. Never ever tried butternut squash! x

Hi Stevie, could you give me the recipe for the butternut squash and red pepper soup please? ik think i'm going to attempt it. Never ever tried butternut squash! x

It's literally just a roasted butternut squash and 2 roasted red peppers blitzed up with a stock cube and boiling water - it depends how thick you like it as to how much water you'll need to add. Super easy! X

Back