The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

Ah that's lovely :) I'm really tempted to visit some new groups after New Year and see which ones seem good near me. We don't have a permanent consultant at the mo and stand ins haven't been great. The first C I ever had at the old Jesmond venue was great- but she was a 6 month stand in, I was there for 2 of them. Would love to go to one of her other groups but they're all in North Shields- bit of a treck just for SW lol! Christmas week and New Years week, we've moved to Thursdays xx

I know, that's such a shame for you!! I think it's really important to find a C you can connect with and unfortunately with constantly changing stand in's you just don't really get that connection. You should start up a group - you'd make a fantastic consultant! You're so supportive and you know the plan inside out :) xx

Morning diary :)

I had a really good day on plan yesterday! I'm hoping to keep it up for the rest of the week, with the exception of my works Christmas meal tomorrow.

The red lentil bolognese I made last night was absolutely gorgeous! I made a big pan full, so having leftovers for tea tonight. I will definitely make it again, it's a nice alternative for a Green day.

So, as you can probably guess, today is another Green day . . .

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Pineapple (S) and Strawberries (SS)

Lunch:
- Finn Crisp (HExB) topped with Dairylea (HExA)
- Spicy Sweet & Sour Mug Shot
- Grapes

Dinner:
- Red Lentil Bolognese (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Onion (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Red Lentils) topped with Cheese (HExA) and served with Potato Wedges
375529_435295289857466_29632353_n.jpg

Other:
- 1 x Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A: 3 Dairylea Triangles & 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy B: 6 x Finn Crisp & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 0 / 15
Weekly Syns: 0 / 105

Last edited:
How do you do the red lentil bolognese? sounds like my kinda thing! xx

How do you do the red lentil bolognese? sounds like my kinda thing! xx

I just fried off a couple of mushrooms, an onion and half a red and yellow pepper in frylight. I added two tins of chopped tomatoes and a couple of handfuls of the red lentils. Add garlic, chilli and oregano to taste, and then basically just let it simmer until the lentils are cooked.

It was so tasty, and I didn't miss the meat at all - definitely worth a try! I won the ingredients in the raffle at group on Tuesday and I'm really pleased I did, otherwise I would probably have never tried it! Definitely going to make it again xx

The red lentil bolognese sounds lovely! I have a bag of them sitting in my cupboard so I chucked them in my latest soup to make it more filling - works a treat!

The Sunday groups are such a great idea! I weigh on a Weds so I have one WI before Christmas and the next one is on the 27th... Hopefully some of the Christmas indulgence will have magically melted away... We're doing a little Christmas buffet next week too so I need to find some treats!

Good luck with the Christmas meal tomorrow! I had two last week and managed 1lb off despite pudding and cocktails! It's a little bit frustrating when I was super good two weeks ago and got the same loss! My C said it goes to show that even when I'm naughty I'm making better choices (prosecco cocktails instead of ice cream, Oreo and Baileys based things!) Why does everything bad for you taste soooo good?!

The red lentil bolognese sounds lovely! I have a bag of them sitting in my cupboard so I chucked them in my latest soup to make it more filling - works a treat!

The Sunday groups are such a great idea! I weigh on a Weds so I have one WI before Christmas and the next one is on the 27th... Hopefully some of the Christmas indulgence will have magically melted away... We're doing a little Christmas buffet next week too so I need to find some treats!

Good luck with the Christmas meal tomorrow! I had two last week and managed 1lb off despite pudding and cocktails! It's a little bit frustrating when I was super good two weeks ago and got the same loss! My C said it goes to show that even when I'm naughty I'm making better choices (prosecco cocktails instead of ice cream, Oreo and Baileys based things!) Why does everything bad for you taste soooo good?!

Good for you on still managing a loss even after your Christmas meal - that's fantastic! I don't think I will manage a loss, as my choices are not SW friendly in the slightest.

We're going to the most gorgeous little italian restaurant just over the road from where we work, and as it's only once a year I've decided to just have whatever I want and enjoy it :) I'm having pan fried black pudding with pancetta and diane sauce to start, pan fried chicken breast in a garlic mushroom and thyme cream sauce with chunky chips for my main, and finally tiramisu for pud!

I have worked out that it will come to at least 70 Syns for my meal, and then I will have my drinks on top of that. I will be happy with a maintain on Tuesday. . . fingers crossed! xx

Hehe! :giggle: I started reasonably well at my first Christmas meal - shredded duck with fresh cranberries on a thin little slice of toast, then venison shank with mash, gravy and lots of veg. That was where I was supposed to stop, but then I had the pannacotta (at least 20 syns) and 4 cocktails (about 50 syns - remarkably I picked two that were only 8 syns) so it went out the window! I was out for 12 hours though and most of that time I was drinking Diet Coke, so it was a lot better than it could have been!

Are the lentils dried?? That Bolognese sounds delish xx

They sure are! They're the split red lentils and you just add a couple of handfuls and let them absorb the moisture from the tinned tomatoes as the bolognese simmers. It's really yummy! xx

Hehe! :giggle: I started reasonably well at my first Christmas meal - shredded duck with fresh cranberries on a thin little slice of toast, then venison shank with mash, gravy and lots of veg. That was where I was supposed to stop, but then I had the pannacotta (at least 20 syns) and 4 cocktails (about 50 syns - remarkably I picked two that were only 8 syns) so it went out the window! I was out for 12 hours though and most of that time I was drinking Diet Coke, so it was a lot better than it could have been!

Sounds like a good night all round lol! Ahh the main thing is you enjoyed yourself, don't worry about the Syns. I just think of it as being a one off treat - it's not like I have a huge slap up meal like this every week. I can't wait. I am salivating at the thought :drool: :giggle: xx

Absolutely! As often gets said on here - one naughty meal won't make you fat, just as one good meal won't make you slim! It was so worth it.

I love that saying!! Fab, and so true xx

What day is the meal? I bet you can pull it back for tuesday.
Main course you've picked sounds lush!!

I was thinking about making a SW quiche at the weekend for my work lunches, and I thought u were the best person to ask!! Do you just do the filling of a quiche and bake it in a quiche dish?? I've only ever made a quiche with pastry. I don't want a pasta and sauce fake pastry or anything though, just egg. I'm not the best cook so even though it seems like something simple, step by step would be appreciated lol! Xx

What day is the meal? I bet you can pull it back for tuesday.
Main course you've picked sounds lush!!

I was thinking about making a SW quiche at the weekend for my work lunches, and I thought u were the best person to ask!! Do you just do the filling of a quiche and bake it in a quiche dish?? I've only ever made a quiche with pastry. I don't want a pasta and sauce fake pastry or anything though, just egg. I'm not the best cook so even though it seems like something simple, step by step would be appreciated lol! Xx

My meal is tonight, I'm really looking forward to it! Allocating the majority of this weeks Syns for it and hoping to get some Body Magic done over the weekend too, so that should help balance things out a bit. I'd really love a maintain on Tuesday!

I love SW quiche - I make it at least once a week, usually on a weekend as it's so filling and really helps to keep me on track. It's also great that you can just leave it in the fridge and nibble on it when you're feeling peckish. I just use one of those silicone quiche dishes. I just chop a load of mushrooms, peppers, and red onion and chuck them in the dish. A few of halved cherry tomatoes and a handful or so of Quorn pieces (I just add them frozen). I beat three/four eggs (depending on size) in a measuring jug and add a little salt & pepper. Pour into the quiche dish over the vegetables and simply pop in the oven to cook through. Once it's about half way cooked, I sprinkle on my HExA of grated cheese and pop back in the oven to finish cooking. And that's it!! I never use Pasta'n'Sauce or anything in my quiches, I just don't like the thought of it. I usually tend to eat half of my quiche when it comes out of the oven, with some potato wedges, and the other half goes in the fridge for when I'm feeling peckish. Enjoy! xx

Morning diary, Happy Friday!! It's like a proper winter wonderland here today. Woke up to more snow - it's sooo cold out!

It's my work's Christmas meal tonight, which I have been looking forward to for a while now :) I have allocated most of this weeks Syns to my meal and drinks tonight, as my options are not SW friendly in the slightest - but hey, it's once a year and I want to enjoy myself.

I'm classing today as an Extra Easy day . . .

(S)

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Pineapple (S) and Strawberries (SS)

Lunch:
- Finn Crisp (HExB) topped with Dairylea (HExA)
- Spicy Sweet & Sour Mug Shot
- Grapes

Dinner:
(Works Christmas meal out - allowing 70 Syns for all of this)
Starter - Pan Fried Black Pudding with Pancetta and Diane Sauce
Main - Pan Fried Chicken Breast in Garlic Mushroom & Thyme Cream Sauce served with Chunky Chips
Dessert - Tiramisu

Other:
- 5 x White Wine Spritzer (20 Syns)

Healthy A: 3 Dairylea Triangles
Healthy B: 6 x Finn Crisp

Daily Syns: 90
Weekly Syns: 90 / 105

Last edited:
My meal is tonight, I'm really looking forward to it! Allocating the majority of this weeks Syns for it and hoping to get some Body Magic done over the weekend too, so that should help balance things out a bit. I'd really love a maintain on Tuesday!

I love SW quiche - I make it at least once a week, usually on a weekend as it's so filling and really helps to keep me on track. It's also great that you can just leave it in the fridge and nibble on it when you're feeling peckish. I just use one of those silicone quiche dishes. I just chop a load of mushrooms, peppers, and red onion and chuck them in the dish. A few of halved cherry tomatoes and a handful or so of Quorn pieces (I just add them frozen). I beat three/four eggs (depending on size) in a measuring jug and add a little salt & pepper. Pour into the quiche dish over the vegetables and simply pop in the oven to cook through. Once it's about half way cooked, I sprinkle on my HExA of grated cheese and pop back in the oven to finish cooking. And that's it!! I never use Pasta'n'Sauce or anything in my quiches, I just don't like the thought of it. I usually tend to eat half of my quiche when it comes out of the oven, with some potato wedges, and the other half goes in the fridge for when I'm feeling peckish. Enjoy! xx

Thanks!! Going to tesco tomorrow so ill grab a silicone dish if I see one, otherwise ill just use a normal one that my mams got. I thought you would have cooked it like that but ya just never know!! Best to check. Ill probably just put mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and onions in mine :)

Hope you enjoy your meal! X

Thanks ladies! I had a lovely night last night - really enjoyed my meal. Didn't get any pictures unfortunately! I did manage to stick to my guns though and really stick to my plan. And it's straight back on it this morning - as you can probably tell. I probably wouldn't have been on here otherwise :giggle:

Anyway, I'm having a Red day today . . .

(S)

Breakfast:
- Douwe Egberts Caramel Coffee made up with Milk (HExA)
- 2 Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages (1 Syn), Bacon, Fried Egg and Grilled Mushrooms
(S), Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)

Lunch:
-

Dinner:
-

Other:
-

Healthy A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B:

Daily Syns: 1 / 15
Weekly Syns: 91 / 105

Glad you had a good night! X