The Princess Diaries ♥ (DIARY CLOSED - LINK TO NEW DIARY ON LAST PAGE)

Chris actually tried the sauce when I made it the other night and said it tasted nice :eek:

My Mam and Dad like it too! Was funny, the first time I made it..I got them to try it but didn't tell them what was in it. They couldn't believe it when I told them hahahha! xx

I have to try it! What's your recipe?

Really easy, and quick too!

I fry off sliced peppers, red onion, mushrooms and Quorn pieces in Frylight with some garlic and chilli flakes, ground ginger and cumin. Add 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 1 can of mushy peas and curry powder to taste. Let it simmer for a while and, voi la! The peas end up kind of disintegrating so that they no longer look like peas - they just thicken it up and add to the texture.

I usually add a couple of tbsp of fat free fromage frais to mine too, to make it creamy. Or, tonight I added two of the coconut greek Muller Lights - makes it taste just like a korma! Enjoy xx

Good morning diary. Brr, it's freezing here today - as low as -14 in some places! Times like this make me realise how lucky I am to work in a nice toasty office.

Not really got a lot to say today - which is unlike me :giggle:

Today is another Green day . . .

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:

- Orange (S) and Kiwi Fruit (S)
- 2 x Nutri-Grain Breakfast Biscuits (HExB)

Lunch:
- Quorn (S) and Mushy Pea Curry (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Mushy Peas (SS), Coconut Greek Muller Light (0.5 Syns) and Curry Powder)

Dinner:
- Pasta with Quorn Pieces (S), Mushrooms (S), Onion (S) and Garlic & Herb Philly Light (HExA)

Other:
- 3 x Milk Chocolate Mikado (1.5 Syns)
- Monster Zero Sugar Energy Drink (1 Syn)
- Bourneville Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns) made up with Milk (HExA) and Sweetener
- Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A: 75g Philly Light & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 2 x Nutri-Gran Breakfast Biscuit & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 10 / 105

Last edited:
hiya i wanted to pop on and say you look great. you have done amazing. loved reading through your diary as your menus look like a typical day o would enjoy. love the way you shake it up too. i have discovered new healthy extras reading this as well...may copy your menu to see how o get on, only problem being i am not keen on quorn tho would love to be as it would make green days easier. when you have chicken and bacon salad do you have a dressing? o normally have it with pasta with philly garlic and herb mixed thru but want to try red days...good luck x

hiya i wanted to pop on and say you look great. you have done amazing. loved reading through your diary as your menus look like a typical day o would enjoy. love the way you shake it up too. i have discovered new healthy extras reading this as well...may copy your menu to see how o get on, only problem being i am not keen on quorn tho would love to be as it would make green days easier. when you have chicken and bacon salad do you have a dressing? o normally have it with pasta with philly garlic and herb mixed thru but want to try red days...good luck x

Aww, thank you so much! That's really kind of you to say so.

I do try and keep things mixed up a bit as I find it helps weight loss, rather than eating the same things day in, day out. I am always finding out about new things from Mini's - just one of the reasons I love this place so much :D

I hated Quorn at first, but I have grown to love it. I just kept trying it, and trying different recipes with it. I think the reason I disliked it so much to begin with was probably because I didn't know what to do with it - it was all new to me and I didn't really have a clue!

With my salad, I tend to use either just balsamic vinegar (free) or sweet chilli sauce (1.5 Syns per tbsp.) I coat my chicken in Aromat, cumin and garlic & chilli flakes before frying it, so it already has lots of different flavours going on.

Thanks again for visiting and good luck with your journey xx

Congrats on the loss this week hunny you are on fire now :)

Thank you honey, I am still beaming from it :D xx

Stevie, another fantastic week so far, I have to say I'm REALLY excited for your wi :D

Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Thanks Em! :D I would love 3.5lb off this week to get rid of my Christmas/New Year gain, but I won't be greedy. I will be chuffed with any loss.

Hope you have a lovely weekend too. Stay safe in the snow - I think we are due a big blizzard, yikes! xx

Happy Friday folks!! :)

Really pleased with how my week has gone so far. I've now had 9 full days being 100% on plan, woop! Going to stick with it again this weekend and follow my food plan to the letter - I've got some yummy meals planned to keep me going! In fact, tonight I'm having a Mexican night! Nom nom.

Hope you all have a great day, and keep safe in the snow!

Today is another Green day . . .

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:

- Orange (S)

Lunch:
- Carrot Sticks (S)
- Finn Crisp (HExB) topped with Red Pepper and Chilli Low Low Spread (HExA)
- Cadbury Crispello (8.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Fajita (Quorn Ginger, Chilli and Lime Sticky Fillet (S) cut into slices, Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and a WW Tortilla Wrap (5.5 Syns)) served with Savoury Rice and Refried Beans

Other:
- Monster Zero Sugar Energy Drink (1 Syn)
- Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- Highlights Hazelnut Hot Chocolate (2 Syns) made with Milk (HExA) and Sweetener

Healthy A: 60g Low Low Spread & 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 6 x Finn Crisp & 1 x Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 17
Weekly Syns: 27 / 105

Last edited:
Happy Friday! :) xx

oooo Mexican night sounds lush, I wouldn't have thought of using the quorn lime sticky fillets, great idea :) I love Mexican

It's only because I have no Quorn pieces in and I can't be bothered to stop at Tesco on the way home, so I am improvising! :giggle: How lazy is that!! xx

Great menu plan for the day!

Ive been to tesco today and they didn't have any oatly OR kara chocolate milk! Grrrrr! But they had them in at sainsburys which is straight opposite in bishop. Just thought I'd let u know just in case u go for it! X

Great menu plan for the day!

Ive been to tesco today and they didn't have any oatly OR kara chocolate milk! Grrrrr! But they had them in at sainsburys which is straight opposite in bishop. Just thought I'd let u know just in case u go for it! X

Ahh nooo, Tesco must have stopped stocking it then. The past two or three weeks mine haven't had any in! Thanks for letting me know hun, will pop to Sainsbury's for some next time.

Have a great weekend xx

Back