the problem with clothes...

chazzdiver

is that on this diet they all change shape. :cry:my boobs (sorry any guys reading this) feel uncomfortable in underwired bras now, but they are still to big to have without the underwire.

anyone have a bra suggestion. or perhaps a pet clothes peeve themselves?

I have non-underwired sports bras. They seem to do the trick. I hate wired bras, they are annoying and diggy-in.

My pet peeve is tights. I have a 36 inch inside leg, and no matter what waist size I am, I can only buy giant waist sized tights and they invariably end up with the crotch down by my knees and unless I wear a floor length skirt with them, that bit where it changes from leg part to crotch part will most definitely make an appearance.

I dont have the hips to carry off stockings either. Shapeless mare that I am.

ah. now that my dear is where you are wrong ;)

guys like visual stuff i'm told. i saw a woman on the telly, they showed her with and without stockings. (not being mean, but she looked like a stick being strangled by a chicken, nothing shape wise on the bottom half) yet both my uncle and my brother said she looked hotter with them on.

i think it's the way you carry yourself in them personally. if you aren't going to stand comfortable and confident then it's going to be obvious to everyone else you aren't comfortable. perhaps a different styled skirt would make you feel more confident about your shape and suit the stockings too?

i have really short stumpy legs :D so even the short tights were too long for me and i had the same problem as you. so i cut out the crotch on them and wore some short, un-noticable shorts over them, under the skirt or whatever i was wearing with them, to prevent rubbing and to keep them up. :D

I do find myself doing that, putting something over them, but I just rarely ever bother wearing them now because they are uncomfortable and a fire hazard with all that nylony friction. Mind you, I hardly bother with socks either, due to all girls socks being size 4-7 and me being a 9. If I am very cold I slap on a pair of manly sports socks or something but they are always black and dull and manly.

hehe, i always pinch my brothers socks myself. i personally think they are softer than girls ones.

i can't stand the feeling of something touching or going inbetween my toes, so i rarely have something on my feet. socks are always the last option after the duvet. :D

I have non-underwired sports bras. They seem to do the trick. I hate wired bras, they are annoying and diggy-in.

My pet peeve is tights. I have a 36 inch inside leg, and no matter what waist size I am, I can only buy giant waist sized tights and they invariably end up with the crotch down by my knees and unless I wear a floor length skirt with them, that bit where it changes from leg part to crotch part will most definitely make an appearance.

I dont have the hips to carry off stockings either. Shapeless mare that I am.

I really feel for you, as 9/10 tights do this to me too (and my inside leg is nowhere near 36") And i manage to put my fingers through or catch or ladder them so easily so i refuse to pay for the none "basic" ones!

Tights are the work of the devil! They ladder, catch and just feel awful. They cause enough friction to start a bush fire too. I go barefooted or wear socks. Much better.

I love my underwire bra and don't feel supported without them have you tried different brands
my pet peeve with clothes is sizes it so annoys me you can go in one shop and be one size but go in another and be 2 sizes bigger. I wish they would go univseral I think thats why some people are over weight cause they shop in a clothes shop that says they are wearing a size 14 so they think they must be ok but in reality they are a 16/18.
I'm finding it the other way round now i'm getting into size 10 which feels great till I look in the mirror and I know I'm not a size 10 and then i'm annoyed with clothes shop for giving me this false imagine that i'm ok.
sorry lol rant over

I have loads of mens socks - they are much more comfy than womens ones. mind you I am not fussed about the look of them. Think I am a bit of a bloke on the side. heh.

The only underwired bras which I have problems with are those by Panache as they tend to come up very high under the arm and dig in.

I dont have any problem with other brands, I mainly wear Rigby & Peller or Freya these days.

Tights and stockings are fine and I have been wearing M&S extra large in recent years but will probably be stocking up on plain old large when i go shopping tomorrow. :D

I love clothes and cant wait to be able to fit into size 14 and below as I think it gives more choice regards style. I've seen some great items in a vintage shop in Notting Hill but vintage sizes are small and so I have not been able to buy anything there just yet.

wondering of the tights that support your legs so that they are snug all the way up the legs would stay up better? Support tights?

Nope, they just roll!!
To be fair, I don't feel like my life is incomplete due to lack of nylon leg coverage. It used to make me feel a bit rubbish when I was younger and went out more, but really, these days it would be just nice to find a comfy woolly pair for winter that fit!

is that on this diet they all change shape. :cry:my boobs (sorry any guys reading this) feel uncomfortable in underwired bras now, but they are still to big to have without the underwire.

anyone have a bra suggestion. or perhaps a pet clothes peeve themselves?

how do you mean uncomfortable hun? like tight and digging in or like you aren't getting enough support?

im a 38F and feel uncomfortable in ones that are plain underwired with flimsy lacy cups, but if i wear a bra with thicker moulded cups (like a t-shirt bra) i feel much more comfortable, it might be worth going and getting a bra fitted as you could just be wearing the wrong size xx

I'm with you on the universal sizes, in fact 50 years ago a 14 would have been far smaller than todays 14. Many shops use this to their advantage, making the size labelling smaller numbers on bigger clothes because if you're a smaller size in a shop apparently you're more likely to buy their items. Clearly Topshop & H&M haven't joined in on this because in Topshop I can wear a 12 in one thing but a 16 in another then in H&M I get the same. It narks me off that even in one shop you have to try several sizes of everything, it's not even because they're different cuts or anything.

Xxtra Super Fit Tights from Pretty Polly have added lycra for stretch and a comfortable fit. They have a gorgeous soft sheen and a great quality finish. The leg and body is generously shaped to give maximum comfort for plus size. These tights come in a three pair pack making them great value too.

http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/brands/pretty-polly/xxtra-super-fit-tights-3-pair-pack/

just found thise for you on tightsplease web site.

how do you mean uncomfortable hun? like tight and digging in or like you aren't getting enough support?

im a 38F and feel uncomfortable in ones that are plain underwired with flimsy lacy cups, but if i wear a bra with thicker moulded cups (like a t-shirt bra) i feel much more comfortable, it might be worth going and getting a bra fitted as you could just be wearing the wrong size xx

i'm currently a 40DD but i fit into some 38DD all my bras feel uncomfortable in a different way. some, it's like the underwire has gotten longer than the cup size it was and it'll dig in whenever i move. others the material shifts once and i'm uncomfortable the rest of the day. do you know what i mean? like when i've put it on it's fine, but when i've picked something up or opened a cuboard it no longer sits right and nothing i do gets it back to the comfortable feeling and i have to take it off and put it on again. :(

Xxtra Super Fit Tights from Pretty Polly have added lycra for stretch and a comfortable fit. They have a gorgeous soft sheen and a great quality finish. The leg and body is generously shaped to give maximum comfort for plus size. These tights come in a three pair pack making them great value too.

Pretty Polly Xxtra Super Fit Tights from Tights Please

just found thise for you on tightsplease web site.

that's cool hun. :D LOL i didn't even know there was a tights website.

tinkerbellsmum, i totally agree. :)

i only have one comfortable bra from debenhams, but it was one of their seasonal ranges. so it's not there anymore. :( :cry:

I remember a while ago there was a programme on the telly about 2 designers. They gave them everyday objects and asked them to look at them with fresh eyes so to speak. They did it with bras and they said that underwires did absolutely nothing to support the bust and they couldn't see the point of them.

underwires, move your breasts slightly (not noticably to the naked eye really) forward, to reduce sweating and rubbing. that was apparently there original purpose according to a page in the museum of clothes in London. i'm not sure but i think they change the page once every couple of weeks. anyway, i think that's still the purpose, because i don't see any *small* underwired bras. so the bigger and more floppy they are the more movement they get :D

Back