THE PURPLE DIET

Well, sort of agree here, but like any other diet that you would do for just a day. Yes, you will decrease your calories, so assuming you didn't eat extra the next day...it would eventually mean a very slow weightloss.

Up your calories more than you need after that, and you'll put it back on again....just like any other diet.

Reminds me of the time i spotted Holland and Barratt diet pills, i quizzed the girl behind the counter, this was a 7 day detox, would the weight stay off? i pleaded, and she was amazingly honest and said 'not a chance'

Not because i was a greedy thing, that much i clarified, but because its only 7 days, would be slimmer on the 7th day, say for a wedding etc etc

Thats what short term options bring, short term results. Maybe for a do or something.

Ivy

Hi all,
I wasn't by any means pushing the diet i found it to be absurd actually, and no i am not pro ana at all, unfortunately i am having problems with my daughter that made me feel the need to research it before i tackled a problem with her i just happened upon this diet on one of THOSE sites .

Its not a way of losing weight anybody should consider all i can hope is that i can give my daughter all the help she needs to stop what she's doing right now .

I feel tremendously guilty as i have been dieting since before she was born it's all she knows so its even harder to preach to her when all she knows is me doing 1 diet after another . Crazy, i would rather be 5 stone heavier than see her going through what she is now !

Sorry to spill but i needed it and sorry if anyone was offended !

Tatty Head x

Tatty - as the mum of 3 girls, my heart goes out to you! I have no idea what I would do in your circumstances and I've also set my kids a less-than-ideal example food-wise.

Hope everything works out for you and your daughter, hun.

xxxxx

Hi all,
I wasn't by any means pushing the diet i found it to be absurd actually, and no i am not pro ana at all, unfortunately i am having problems with my daughter that made me feel the need to research it before i tackled a problem with her i just happened upon this diet on one of THOSE sites .

We understand you were not pushing the diet. I hope your problems resolve themselves soon. I dont know what I would do if I was in your situation. I have 2 boys so will never know.

Its not a way of losing weight anybody should consider all i can hope is that i can give my daughter all the help she needs to stop what she's doing right now .

Awww you poor thing, have you been able to get her to talk about it ?

I feel tremendously guilty as i have been dieting since before she was born it's all she knows so its even harder to preach to her when all she knows is me doing 1 diet after another . Crazy, i would rather be 5 stone heavier than see her going through what she is now !

Sorry to spill but i needed it and sorry if anyone was offended !

Tatty Head x

W e understand, and hope you get things sorted. xx

Thank you Isobel much appreciated its quite scary when you really research it i have spoken online to some very confused young ladies the past few weeks just wish i could fix them all it's heartbreaking xxx

Hi Sonkie she is finding it hard to talk about it but we are making progress slow going though .

Don't want to alarm you hun but there are more young boys going through this than you think in fact they tend to get away with it longer because it's not something you would associate with a young lad it's scary when you read the lengths they go to to hide it .
Thanks for your support it means alot feel quite alone with this but posting this on here tonight has opened my floodgates if you know what i mean :cry: !

Feel calmer for it, should of posted 2 weeks ago :)
Luv Tatty Head xxx

Hi Sonkie she is finding it hard to talk about it but we are making progress slow going though .

Thats good, slow and gentle....!

Don't want to alarm you hun but there are more young boys going through this than you think in fact they tend to get away with it longer because it's not something you would associate with a young lad it's scary when you read the lengths they go to to hide it .

I actually thought this after submitting it, I would be able to tell with my boys, they are both chunky things. But it is very worrying.

Thanks for your support it means alot feel quite alone with this but posting this on here tonight has opened my floodgates if you know what i mean :cry: !

Aww sweetheart we are all here for you, you can pm if you need to talk, obviously I am no expert in this field but I hate to think of you feeling so alone. Have you a partner or friend/relation you can talk to. ?

Feel calmer for it, should of posted 2 weeks ago :)
Luv Tatty Head xxx

Thats the worst thing to do, you mustnt let it all build up, it will not help you.
Awwww I am sending you a great big hug.....:hug99:

Back