Extra Easy The ramblings of a SW convert

Little B

Hi I'm a bit of a rambler and my family are getting fed up of hearing Sw this that and the other and the syn value of everything I come access so I'm hoping this might save my sanity and stop them from locking me in a room!

I started sw 4 weeks ago after being referred my my very nice gp who very sensitivity suggested my knee pain was probably because of the size of my rear (my words not hers, she really is lovely!). I have to admit I was a little sceptical at first, I have a deep love of all things buttery, cheesy and fried and am a well known vegetables dodger so I didn't think I would last a week but here I am 4 weeks later and 11lbs lighter, absolutely gobsmacked that I am sticking to and actually enjoying it!

I started at 18.7 and am now just in the 17's. Group is wed so fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow.
If you have made it this far then wow, apologies for the long introduction, as I said I do tend to ramble on a bit, looking forward to 'meeting' other people on the journey.

Little B xx

So, diary day one, Tuesday 7th

OH day off so after dropping the evil munchkins (son 8 and son 7) at school we wandered to tesco to do the half weekly shop. My boys eat pretty much anything that isn't nailed down so I always end up doing at least 2 shops a week. Came home and played Tetris with the fridge, the one thing they didn't warn you about was the amount of room all this fresh food takes up in your fridge, it's like a work of art fitting it all in there. Had a mooch in the garden after lunch and watched OH mow the lawn then off to pick up ds8 from school. Little one had cookery club for an hour and brought home pizza! Of course I had to try a tiny bite, my first taste of cheese in 4 weeks, it was amazing, but just confirmed what I suspected, I can not be trusted with cheese, how I didn't steal the rest of it while he wasn't looking I will never know.

HEXA - Unsweetened almond milk
HEXB - 2x hifi light bars

Breakfast - Bacon medallion with frylight fried egg, fruit and lots of coffee.
Lunch - sweet chilli chicken slices with cous cous and mixed veg.
Dinner - Oven baked salmon with new potatoes and mixed veg with 0% fat Greek yogurt on the side.
Snacks - 1 slice crusts away wholemeal bread (2 syns)
Spread (1/2 syn)
Muller Greek yog with cherry top (1/2 syn)
Rich tea finger biscuit (1 syn)
4 syns today.

Weigh in tomorrow, still get nervous!

xx

Good luck on your journey and i play tetris with our fridge and fresh food xxxx

Thank you jules, do you have a diary on here? really enjoying reading other people's thoughts on life!

xx

Just back from group, 2lb off. Slightly disappointed as was hoping for 3 to take me to my first stone but will have to work a bit harder this week x

Is that your kitty in the photo? Whats he/she called? Mine is Topsy and Its my cat at my parents.... she is about 7 now, she`s part feral but is soppy now :) xxxxx

Thanks, fingers crossed for next week. Yes, that's Dave in my picture, he is half Bengal and the most affectionate and nosy beastie, he is only a baby still, 20 wks but he sure rules the roost round here and he knows it lol. He is my baby now that OH has said no more kids! image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 25
Hello!
I found you!! Well done on the loss that's great :) you will get your stone next week no problem I bet!
How are you finding everything?

Ruth
X

Hello!
I found you!! Well done on the loss that's great :) you will get your stone next week no problem I bet!
How are you finding everything?

Ruth
X

Hi! Lovely to see you, thanks, really hoping for the stone next week, holiday is booked for 7th Aug and I would love to be back into my summer stuff by then!

Finding it good, have discovered cous cous which is fab for lunches, I'm having to hide my treats from my boys as suddenly they are much more interesting than theirs! Grrrr!

Hi! Lovely to see you, thanks, really hoping for the stone next week, holiday is booked for 7th Aug and I would love to be back into my summer stuff by then!

Finding it good, have discovered cous cous which is fab for lunches, I'm having to hide my treats from my boys as suddenly they are much more interesting than theirs! Grrrr!

Ooo the holiday sounds good- always good to have a goal in mind to keep you focused!

I do love cous cous and also Orzo (a bit like rice/pasta) which is also very nice for lunches too. I know exactly what you mean regarding the new food being more interesting, my OH has started eating some of my stuff which in some ways is good, but then he leaves all of the naughty stuff in the cupboard for me to see :eek:

Have a fab day!

Ruth
X

Wed 8th

HEXA - Almond milk 500ml / cheese 15g
HEXB - 2 w/m bread

Breakfast
Potato, ham and egg frylight scramble thing. Apple and banana
Lunch
Ham, cheese and cucumber sandwich. Salad leaves, nectarine
Dinner
Chicken and pea garlic risotto.

Snacks/syns
Weight watchers toffee yog (0 syns)
Special k bar (3.5 syns and yuk!) serious waste of syns!
Garlic bread (2.5 syns)
Apple (0 syns)
Muller Greek yog with cherry layer (1/2 syn)
Rich tea finger bic (1 syn)
Garlic purée in risotto (2 syns)
91/2 syns

Quite a high syn day but will reign myself in today. Attempting Sw quiche this morning, the tub of cottage cheese is sitting in my fridge looking very suspicious, have to be honest I can't imagine eating it on its own so hoping it is disguised in the quiche!

xx

image.jpeg

So, quiche was made and I was so right to be suspicious of cottage cheese, that white lumpy stuff should not be allowed to be called cheese!
Looked ok once cooked but not too keen on the taste, think next time I will leave the cc out and just make a frittata xx

Hehe to the lumpy cottage cheese :) I like the aldi one with chives in on my jacket pot :) yummy

Someone at my SW group put quark in the SW quiche but I have not tried it so cant comment on the taste of it.

Aw LOVE Dave sooo cute and still a kitten :) aw we got our cat now at 6 months and she had already had 2 sets of kittens herself :( she just a baby herself Shes called malty :)

xxxx

Thurs 9th

HEXA - Almond milk
HEXB - 2x Hifi light bars

Breakfast
Scrambled egg and low sugar baked beans, Apple and banana
Lunch
SW quiche (see pic above!), mixed veg, grapes.
Dinner
Old El Paso fajita mix chicken with mixed peppers, baked potato, 0% Greek yogurt

Snacks/syns
12g cheddar in quiche (2.5 syns)
Slice bread and spread (2.5 syns)
My portion of old El Paso spice (2 syns)
Rich tea finger bic (1 syn)
Miller Greek cherry yog (0.5 syns)
Total 8 syns

Really love the fajita chicken, could eat it every night!

xx

Such an exciting day today, a trip to asda for more fruit. I can't seem to keep the fruit bowl filled for longer than a day, which is a good thing as it means the minions are eating plenty of fruit but it is very annoying to go to get the banana you have been looking forward to and find it snaffled! Ho hum, shouldn't really complain
I then decided to sort my cupboards out as can't find anything in them without a 10 minute search and a torch, so I pulled everything out, chucked at least a third of it away that was out of date or just never going to get eaten and then put it all back on separate shelves, spices, baking, tins, pasta etc. It looks amazing and my little ocd brain is happy now. Feeling very virtuous so treated myself to a cup of coffee and a hifi bar. It's a wild old life I lead..... xx

Hehe to the lumpy cottage cheese :) I like the aldi one with chives in on my jacket pot :) yummy

Someone at my SW group put quark in the SW quiche but I have not tried it so cant comment on the taste of it.

Aw LOVE Dave sooo cute and still a kitten :) aw we got our cat now at 6 months and she had already had 2 sets of kittens herself :( she just a baby herself Shes called malty :)

xxxx

Ooooh might try the quark, its actually with that cheese in the supermarket so hoping it tastes a bit more like actual cheese!

So sad about malty, people shouldn't be allowed animals if they are not going to look after them properly, 6 months is far to young to have had 2 lots of kittens, she is lucky to have found a home where she is loved now. Dave is a menace but I love him to bits, he is just starting the cheeky teenage months which is funny to watch, he is in for a bit of a shock at the end of the month as he's going in for the snip but he can then be allowed out properly instead of just the back garden so I'm hoping he forgives me lol! xx

Back