The real journey starts 7 weeks 3 days after

AlexIce

Silver Member
7 weeks and 3 days after starting CD and I am now down to the weight I was before last xmas when I had been eating healthily and exercising. I had made a huge effort to lose 37lbs then I got annoyed with my ex bf and stuffed myself for 7 months and put it all on again.
Thanks to CD it's only taken me 7 weeks to get rid of those 7 months and I feel like my real journey to a thinner me starts tomorrow. From tomorrow it will be BRAND NEW progress, never seen in over a decade!
:wavey:
To anyone who is thinking of turning to food for comfort - Don't !
Two saying to keep in mind
1. You can't control the actions of others but you can control your own reaction to them.
2. If hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer.
I wish someone had drummed that into me last year.

:) so... here I go. The journey begins tomorrow and I intend to enjoy every step of the way.

Thank you so much to everyone on here for being so supportive. This place helps a great deal - being able to talk to other people who are going / have gone through the CD system.

Good luck on the rest of your journey, you have achieved so much, now you onto the next phrase to a slimmer you.

Ah alexice, that really touched me; I turned to chocolate (lots of it) after the antics of an ex-boyfriend. What a shame I didn't look to lettuce for solace!
Really glad that you have found CD so positive and speedy; good luck getting to goal, you can do it x

Wise words and such a positive post. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

7 weeks and 3 days after starting CD and I am now down to the weight I was before last xmas when I had been eating healthily and exercising. I had made a huge effort to lose 37lbs then I got annoyed with my ex bf and stuffed myself for 7 months and put it all on again.
Thanks to CD it's only taken me 7 weeks to get rid of those 7 months and I feel like my real journey to a thinner me starts tomorrow. From tomorrow it will be BRAND NEW progress, never seen in over a decade!
:wavey:
To anyone who is thinking of turning to food for comfort - Don't !
Two saying to keep in mind
1. You can't control the actions of others but you can control your own reaction to them.
2. If hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer.
I wish someone had drummed that into me last year.

:) so... here I go. The journey begins tomorrow and I intend to enjoy every step of the way.

Thank you so much to everyone on here for being so supportive. This place helps a great deal - being able to talk to other people who are going / have gone through the CD system.

Lovely post for a Monday Morning :)

You sound so positive and determined, well done and good luck on the rest of your CD journey.

True inspiration those words :)

Wishing you lots of luck for your journey, wise words and lots of inspiration here. Love Bling's comment about looking to lettuce for comfort, too! In our dreams...

xxx

I really related to your post Alex Ice- my mum died suddenly(and suspiciously 6 days after a hip replacement) 2 years in November, my son was 9 months old, left to cope with my aggressive (due to strokes) and horrible dad and Mr T had started his new very demanding role within a company that pays very well,but at a price...homelife! By this August I had put on 4st 4 since the day mum died 21.11.07.......then came my saviour cd,only got a stone to go til I get to my 'pre-mum etc' weight and am hoping to have shifted even more by her 2 year anniversarry-she will be so proud.
Sorry to go on,but your post just hit a chord,and like me you are5.9 so as our healthy BMI is heavier than a lot of other ladies when we comfort eat and pile the pounds the scales really zoom up high.
so here's to cd :)

Great thread Alex it really touched home. Im in the same place, so everything else I lose now is a bonus and can be achieved, this year is our year, good luck everyone

Lettuce - your comment about lettuce made me smile Blingbabe because when I was a child both my grandparents and parents used to make little lettuce bundles that were NOT healthy at all! They used to take a lettuce leaf, put a teaspoon of sugar in it then wrap in up into a little parcel and eat it. My mum frequently sprinkled sugar over her lettuce on a salad.
Now she just doesn't eat lettuce!

Never going to look at lettuce the same again haha

Back