The real journey starts 7 weeks 3 days after

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by AlexIce, 25 October 2009 Social URL.

1. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    7 weeks and 3 days after starting CD and I am now down to the weight I was before last xmas when I had been eating healthily and exercising. I had made a huge effort to lose 37lbs then I got annoyed with my ex bf and stuffed myself for 7 months and put it all on again.
    Thanks to CD it's only taken me 7 weeks to get rid of those 7 months and I feel like my real journey to a thinner me starts tomorrow. From tomorrow it will be BRAND NEW progress, never seen in over a decade!
    :wavey:
    To anyone who is thinking of turning to food for comfort - Don't !
    Two saying to keep in mind
    1. You can't control the actions of others but you can control your own reaction to them.
    2. If hunger isn't the problem then food isn't the answer.
    I wish someone had drummed that into me last year.

:) so... here I go. The journey begins tomorrow and I intend to enjoy every step of the way.

Thank you so much to everyone on here for being so supportive. This place helps a great deal - being able to talk to other people who are going / have gone through the CD system.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. parisbeach

parisbeach Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.1lb(10.9%)
    Good luck on the rest of your journey, you have achieved so much, now you onto the next phrase to a slimmer you.

4. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Ah alexice, that really touched me; I turned to chocolate (lots of it) after the antics of an ex-boyfriend. What a shame I didn't look to lettuce for solace!
    Really glad that you have found CD so positive and speedy; good luck getting to goal, you can do it x

5. thinny2be

thinny2be Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.64%)
    Diet:
    Finishing on CD
    Wise words and such a positive post. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

6. susiecm3

susiecm3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.66%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Lovely post to read on a Monday morning, well done and good luck with the rest of your journey :)

7. Hayley 22

Hayley 22 would like to be slim

Start Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lovely post for a Monday Morning :)

You sound so positive and determined, well done and good luck on the rest of your CD journey.

True inspiration those words :)

8. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Wishing you lots of luck for your journey, wise words and lots of inspiration here. Love Bling's comment about looking to lettuce for comfort, too! In our dreams...

xxx

9. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really related to your post Alex Ice- my mum died suddenly(and suspiciously 6 days after a hip replacement) 2 years in November, my son was 9 months old, left to cope with my aggressive (due to strokes) and horrible dad and Mr T had started his new very demanding role within a company that pays very well,but at a price...homelife! By this August I had put on 4st 4 since the day mum died 21.11.07.......then came my saviour cd,only got a stone to go til I get to my 'pre-mum etc' weight and am hoping to have shifted even more by her 2 year anniversarry-she will be so proud.
    Sorry to go on,but your post just hit a chord,and like me you are5.9 so as our healthy BMI is heavier than a lot of other ladies when we comfort eat and pile the pounds the scales really zoom up high.
    so here's to cd :)

AlexIce likes this.
  10. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Good post for me this morning cant and wont cheat now.Roll on thursday now. xx

11. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Great thread Alex it really touched home. Im in the same place, so everything else I lose now is a bonus and can be achieved, this year is our year, good luck everyone

AlexIce likes this.
  12. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lettuce - your comment about lettuce made me smile Blingbabe because when I was a child both my grandparents and parents used to make little lettuce bundles that were NOT healthy at all! They used to take a lettuce leaf, put a teaspoon of sugar in it then wrap in up into a little parcel and eat it. My mum frequently sprinkled sugar over her lettuce on a salad.
    Now she just doesn't eat lettuce!

13. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Never going to look at lettuce the same again haha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.