The really slow loss team!

Evening chicas - back after a weekend away at the apartment after saying goodbye to one guest and getting it ready for the next in 10 days time.

Hope all you ladies that said you were struggling with the weekend have survived. Mine's not been too brilliant either. Went to a 60th birthday party last night and got stuck into lots of scrummy tapas so I don't think the scales will be kind tomorrow somehow.

Lou - Is it one of the Judith Beck book? Several other ladies on Minis have read her books. They all said they helped but unfortunately they have all put the weight back on . . . and more. So I'm not sure her theories actually work, although CBT does help some people - not others.

Worst food and drink weekend for a while! So boozy and although I didn't eat much Saturday what I did wasn't very good! And today I had McDonalds for breakfast, soooo bad! Going to make loads of superspeed soups and detox mon - thurs before WI! Flying visits to London aren't really supposed to be governed by diets though are they. Hope everyone had a nice weekend?? Xx

Yea it is Pom. I found the section for it and noticed most people were not sticking to one diet, but one woman has done really well on it. I think the mistake people make with stuff like that is thinking that by reading a book you will have cracked it. This book
Isn't a diet, it is supposed to help to stick
To any diet plan you choose, my choice is Sw and I know how to do it I just need to stop sabotaging myself lol. I'm
Hoping that this book at least helps with that a little bit. If not it was only £4 lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well ladies I have been bad this weekend!! had a wedding and there was a free bar!! That's says it all really.I had the hangover munchies yesterday so ate everything in sight! Need to try to bee 100% from now till Thursday, damage limitation hopefully. Hope you all had a great weekend.

I'm going to add myself & say I wasn't good this weekend either. After eating half a pack of cookies yesterday afternoon I put them away & made the 12 SS Soup. I had a bowl & loved it....then ate the rest of the cookies! I don't even really like them that much, but I'll blame it on hormones. I could have eaten all the chocolate in the world this weekend given the chance. I never get like that at totm :/

So I have a holiday planned for September & last night I ordered a bikini from Debenhams, I ALWAYS wear tankinis but thought this might be really motivating. I'm on track 100% from today. Going on have my soup for dinner everynight, stick to plan as usual & snack on as much Superfree as possible. As soon as totm is over & I'm not in pain I'll get back into my workouts. PLAN! :)

I offically want to give up i was up this week i thought id have some sort of a loss after all the exercise i had done walked 5k every day im ready to give up now

Are you measuring yourself?? If you're doing loads of exercise but not having loses you might be losing inches?? It's a good way to keep motivated when the scales aren't showing anything xx

Are you measuring yourself?? If you're doing loads of exercise but not having loses you might be losing inches?? It's a good way to keep motivated when the scales aren't showing anything xx

I always find the same, I change shape more than lose the lb's. Audfen is this your first week doing exercise or is it a regular thing?

LisaC said:
I always find the same, I change shape more than lose the lb's. Audfen is this your first week doing exercise or is it a regular thing?

Normally i would do 3k on a treadmill abt 4 times a week. But weather has been so good we went out walking every evening for 5k xx

charl_young said:

Must try that thanks hun.
Im 9 and half pounds away from target and really wanted to be there by last weigh in before our wedding annuversary in june but i wont be now only 4 more weigh ins xx

This is one of the best threads Ive seen can I join?!!?!

Must try that thanks hun.
Im 9 and half pounds away from target and really wanted to be there by last weigh in before our wedding annuversary in june but i wont be now only 4 more weigh ins xx

If I start getting into exercise I gain, always, but every now & then I can have a good week with exercise & still gain. It could be that as you're so near to target it's going to be difficult to shift the last little bit? Don't be disheartned, stick with what you're doing & keep at your workouts, it could totally blaance out next week.

Welcome exiguous

:( audfen. Agree with the others measure yourself Hun. Please don't give up, by giving up I presume you mean go back to over eating or not eating healthy? That will only make you gain lots of weight and that will make you feel dreadful, your so close, take the pressure off a bit, does it really matter if you lose nothing til your wedding? The alternative of giving up would mean gaining before your wedding and that isn't what you want. Just keep doing what your doing I bet next week you have a great loss once your body recovers from all that exercise your doing

Well I think my tablets are working already, I feel a lot calmer and relaxed I haven't shouted for days and don't feel like I'm gonna explode anymore and I'm actually smiling. Got weighed today and I lost another pound just from trying to make better choices and only eat when I'm really hungry. I just feel so much better about everything-finally lol

Lou that is lovely to read well done x

I don't feel like I have a lot to say at the moment which is why I am quiet. Like Lou I am trying eat healthily rather then follow to the letter as the constant no loss was upsetting me too much

Hi aufden, if it helps any - I haven't been able to loose since January not one lb! I exercise a fair bit, and find that after a heavy training session - a long run or a weights session I weigh a lot more some times 4-5 lbs. Apparently tired muscle weighs a lot when it's recovering from excercise. So don't be discurraged. Excercise is a key element in feeling good about yourself it releases endrophins for up to 15 hours that make you feel good, it reduces chortisol the stress hormone too which can build up in the body causing all sorts of problems.
Inches are far better an indicator in my opinion after having been obsessed with the scales for about 6 years now. Keep up the great work!

exiguous said:
Hi aufden, if it helps any - I haven't been able to loose since January not one lb! I exercise a fair bit, and find that after a heavy training session - a long run or a weights session I weigh a lot more some times 4-5 lbs. Apparently tired muscle weighs a lot when it's recovering from excercise. So don't be discurraged. Excercise is a key element in feeling good about yourself it releases endrophins for up to 15 hours that make you feel good, it reduces chortisol the stress hormone too which can build up in the body causing all sorts of problems.
Inches are far better an indicator in my opinion after having been obsessed with the scales for about 6 years now. Keep up the great work!

Great post. Can't rep u on my phone but will when I get on line x

Thanks guys. I kinda feel like a new person, optimistic and hopeful. I'm doing some visualisation lol I'm trying to picture myself at a size I want to be and if I'm totally brutally honest that's a size 8-10. There's no reason why I can't get to that size I just have to want it enough and work hard but also commit to eating less and healthier for life. There's no trick, no magic recipe, and I just need to stop cheating myself. It's gonna be hard undoing bad habits but I feel ready now I'm not feeling so depressed :)

Hey latte, wondered where you have beenxxx

What are you taking lou?

Really pleased you're feeling better Lou, must be feeling so nice to have some balance back :) xx

Back