The really slow loss team!

STOP WEIGHING EVERYONE!!! Haha I just did the same and nearly had a cry as on this stupid diet so far I've only lost 1.5lbs. And I wanted an amazing loss, to be far it has only been 3 days but still I wanted some kind of proof it's worth it.

So I'm like meh about it, and I pinched some of my boys chips I think 5 of them. So now I'm annoyed at myself too.

Grr! Had a little 2mile walk today and going to do some crunches and sit ups to try and work on my tummy. Bloody hell it's hard work losing weight isn't it! Xx

Hey love. Hmm not that good today, have a headache and really really hungry. Thinking maybe pmt as I feel quite bloated too despite being hungry. Hope it's not as I want a true reading of how my weeks gone without pmt weight. Feel pretty meh, and I wanna eat, thought by day 4 would be ok. I usually weigh Fridays yes but as I switched to this on Monday I might wait until monday morning for my official first weigh in. Although I am gonna go have a sneaky look now as if I've lost it's inspiration to carry on. Xx

That's not good. Although I'm pretty sure how you're feeling is spot on for the first week or so on a vlcd. I'm certain you'll have a good loss this week, maybe stay away from the scales until official WI in case it's not as much as you'd like, that could deter you & you may end up un-doing all your hard work.

That's exactly what happened. Saw the scales then ate 5 of my kids chips then just felt so bad! Just want to be in ketosis so the hunger goes away. I'm not even missing carbs/choc/dairy at all, and I was a carb monster, im just hungry! A piece of chicken would be awesome. Going to make an omelette for breakfast and hopefully it'll set me up for the day better. Bloody hard when you expect something and everyone says after day 2/3 the hunger will totally go, and it's worse than ever!

At least I didn't give in and order food, I wanted to, but thought what's the point I'll be undoing the little bit of good I've done. So happy I stayed strong, and still well within daily carb allowance, so mini yay for that :)

Pretty sure it's pmt though, as I don't know if anyone else gets the same as me but as soon as I've eaten I'm ravenous again. Trying on a vlcd. I'll get there though, I already feel loads better about the way I eat and can tell the difference between real hunger and not. And that I don't NEED carbs or choc it's in my head. Which is cool.

How are you love? Good week so far?

(sorry that was a right speech!) x

The thing if 'it's not working so I may as well give in and eat what I want' has to be the most common problem dieters have. It's such a bad thought and actually makes no sense really but we've all been there. You need to talk yourself down and rationalise. Going back to old habits will just make you gain, it's what got you over weight in the first place, it doesn't Make sense at all to go back to that, if you working so hard and it's making you so miserable that anything less than a 7 pound loss is gonna cause you to binge then honestly the diet isn't for you. I think you either need to weigh in once a week or everyday so you can see the natural rhythm of your body, sporadically weighi in can give us false hopes or shatter our dreams, I weighed in every day to see how my weight fluctuated. Over night on SEVERAL occassions i gained 3 pounds, I had had 1200 cals for a few days before and no binging took place, by the next day it had gone taking another pound with it, now had I not weighed in the day before or after and just weighed in that day I would have been depressed thinking of gained 3 pound for no reason and it would have triggered a binge making sure that come weigh day it was a gain and then making me feel worse. I now find since doing this I can rationalise a little bit more and if I know I've been good but gain I just put it down to water retention and make an effort to drink more and cut back carbs a bit more. never give up cos it seems like its not working xx

1.8lbs ON for me this week, but after protestations from my dear husband that it was impossible because I look so much slimmer (bless him!) I went back and measured my body fat ratio - which has dropped from 34.4% on July 13th to 32.5% today. So I might be heavier, but I have less fat, so that's a relief :D AND I have achieved my goal of getting into a healthy body fat range for my age (30-34%) too - so despite the gain I am not feeling too shabby this morning at all!

I will keep on it - I am sure I'll be back on track again soon. Although I have been drinking loads, my rings and shoes are tight so some it is definitely water retention going on in this heat!

Ah well done!!! As fat ratios are a soooo much better way to measure general body health. You should be mega proud :) xx

It's all that muscle your building annya!!! Of the hubby thinks your slimmer you really
Must be as men don't notice these things. I've lost over 3 stone and Steve hasn't
Noticed lol

I got weighed at boots today, last time I got weighed was Monday so I knew where I was at as my
Scales are clearly broken lol. Anyway I have lost a pound since Monday woo. Defo back to Friday boots weigh ins. Im pleased cos I've had 1400 cals 2 days, 1660 yesterday and 1200 Monday so been higher than normal but it's worked

Well - never thought I do this - but here are the before and during photos........

lardyarse.jpg Me at 13st 8lbs (size 16-18) and a serious porker - this photo is on my fridge :eek:

599559_10151157391438714_1273658394_n.jpg
Me at wedding last week at 11st 8.5lbs - size 14 top, size 12 bottom

Lou - your husband has definitely noticed - he's just keeping quiet - you know how they like to play it cool ;). I remember not long ago you said you had sent him a photo of yourself in that new dress for the wedding and he had a big smile on his face!

Thankfully my husband is now an old fart and doesn't to care about playing it cool any more so he wears his heart on his sleeve :heartpump: :heartpump: However, he's not good at compliments - when I gave him a twirl in my new wedding outfit the first thing he said was "Blimey, you arse is nowhere near as huge as it was now" - I am sure he was trying to be comlimentary, but I could have decked him :8855::8855:

Last edited:
twit twooooooo on the wedding outfit! brave lady posting photos, well done you look great. did you have dreds before?

men are odd arent they with their compliments? that was a very big compliment annya but he could have said it better, my chap is really good at saying negatives but never says positives!

Mine does a lovely mix of both he'll ask if I intend of gettin ready when I am ready, but then tell me I'm beautiful loads. So it's ok. Xx

twit twooooooo on the wedding outfit! brave lady posting photos, well done you look great. did you have dreds before?

I have had my dreads for nearly 30 years now........I LOVE them and they have never stopped me achieving anything I wanted to in life either!

men are odd arent they with their compliments? that was a very big compliment annya but he could have said it better, my chap is really good at saying negatives but never says positives!

That's a real pity Felicity...........I always make sure I tell Al he's looking good when he does. He looked great at the wedding (he's the chap behind me) and very young for knocking 65 too!

Mine does a lovely mix of both he'll ask if I intend of gettin ready when I am ready, but then tell me I'm beautiful loads. So it's ok. Xx

Cheeky momkey then =- I like 'em like that ;)

That's exactly what happened. Saw the scales then ate 5 of my kids chips then just felt so bad! Just want to be in ketosis so the hunger goes away. I'm not even missing carbs/choc/dairy at all, and I was a carb monster, im just hungry! A piece of chicken would be awesome. Going to make an omelette for breakfast and hopefully it'll set me up for the day better. Bloody hard when you expect something and everyone says after day 2/3 the hunger will totally go, and it's worse than ever!

At least I didn't give in and order food, I wanted to, but thought what's the point I'll be undoing the little bit of good I've done. So happy I stayed strong, and still well within daily carb allowance, so mini yay for that :)

Pretty sure it's pmt though, as I don't know if anyone else gets the same as me but as soon as I've eaten I'm ravenous again. Trying on a vlcd. I'll get there though, I already feel loads better about the way I eat and can tell the difference between real hunger and not. And that I don't NEED carbs or choc it's in my head. Which is cool.

How are you love? Good week so far?

(sorry that was a right speech!) x

It's funny that when we're eating very little we often give in & eat loads. You know it's not worth it though, especially as you've been on it a good few days now, just don't weigh between now & official WI! It will only mess with your head.

I've had an ok week, had a little treat Wednesday & my whole days intake was still 2000 which is the most I've had in weeks but still under my BMR. I think it was good for me to have one day with a big intake. It does my metabolism good. Having dinner at Harvester tomorrow. I always have the simply pasta with a jacket pot (SW friendly) so having that but with new potatoes instead which will reduce the calories by 150! Glad their menus show the calories now, handy! I've drank loads the last few days, quite impressed myself to be hones :)! And planning a good few days of good workouts.

Annya - brilliant body fat result!! Well done for reaching your little goals, well deserved :)

Wow annya your a very beautiful lady, I was shocked with the hair I pictured it short for some reason lol. Well done you look gorgeous!!!!

Awww shucks - you are too kind Lou **blushes**. Sadly you can't see my hair very well in either of those photos - it's down past my waist :)

Impressive!!!! Looking at your figure you certainly have nothing to worry about your looking very slim x

Lou - I weight nearly a stone more than you and we are the same height! I am 11st 10.2lbs. I put it down to all the toning stuff I do - I have lost so many inches in the past 3 months since I really got into the exercise! I must say you are looking VERY good too............ funny how we never "see" who we are.

i think your right annya, i still think im a size 18, its really had to get into my head im not, i am very very flabby though but cant do anything other than walking and daily stuff until i get the all clear from having a scan on my tummy but i desperately need to tone up on my tummy...3 kids have destroyed my muscles

You will get there my lovely.Better to be safe than sorry and find out what's going on with your tummy before you start pushing it. I ignored a similar pain a few years back and ended up having an internal hernia in my C section(s) scar so hold fire for now - mine strangulated and nearly killed me. I ended up losing 2 feet of necrotic bowel which had died by the time I presented with peritonitis at hospital - I was a VERY silly woman in the past.................... and I really regret it now.

I am doing my best to tone up 50+ year old skin(no ruddy elasticity any more) and also try and strengthen my bones as I am well past the menopause now and bone thinnning is a real concern. And, of course, having a bit more muscle - which burns calories faster than fat - can't be a bad thing either can it ;)

Hang on until you find out what's going on - then go for it as long as it is safe. Oh, and believe me there is NO WAY you look a size 18 - you have a fabulous figure :D

Back