The really slow loss team!

i know the binge was a week ago but it could still have had an effect, when i was doing sw i had a 'off' night on weigh in night and id rarely lose that week. how many cals did you have on your night off? not drinking water wont help either hun, you could be bloated from that and the heat.

I'm not exactly sure, I weighed myself the next morning & it read 3 on but 2 days later I'd lost that 3 & then it dropped that half a pound the next day which is what I thought I'd lose. When you're bloated do you feel it? Feel heavier? As far as I know I've never felt or been bloated.

LisaC said:
I'm not exactly sure, I weighed myself the next morning & it read 3 on but 2 days later I'd lost that 3 & then it dropped that half a pound the next day which is what I thought I'd lose. When you're bloated do you feel it? Feel heavier? As far as I know I've never felt or been bloated.

I would just stop weighing yourself mid week (I'm a fine one to talk I know) cos it got your hopes up for a loss. Unless you had an extra 10500 cals the night you binged which I know you won't have done haha, then it's impossible to gain 3 pound of fat over night. It was more likely water retention and all the food still in your belly, you shed that I'm a couple of days but then your playing catch up, I wouldn't have a treat night, of 1200 is too low then have 1400 every day but be consistent, don't have 3000 on binge night and then 1200 the rest of the time it's just messing with everything. I'm bloated today, I'm constipated again and my tummy is swollen and I feel very sluggish and bleurgh

I would just stop weighing yourself mid week (I'm a fine one to talk I know) cos it got your hopes up for a loss. Unless you had an extra 10500 cals the night you binged which I know you won't have done haha, then it's impossible to gain 3 pound of fat over night. It was more likely water retention and all the food still in your belly, you shed that I'm a couple of days but then your playing catch up, I wouldn't have a treat night, of 1200 is too low then have 1400 every day but be consistent, don't have 3000 on binge night and then 1200 the rest of the time it's just messing with everything. I'm bloated today, I'm constipated again and my tummy is swollen and I feel very sluggish and bleurgh

Weighing mid-week was a horrible habit I used to have & I managed to get over it months ago, I only started doing it 3 weeks ago & I was wondering how cc would affect my losses. I really hate weighing mid week, especially when it shows a loss & by WI day you haven't!

1200 isn't too low for me, I had planned something last wed & just got carried away. I think I'll aim for 1200-1400 depending on what meals I have planned & I need to make some days higher/lower than others to keep my metabolism going. No I've never had anything like that so I don't think bloating ever effects me.

I weigh most days I can't help myself.

Weigh in last night finally a loss of 2lbs still got 1.5lbs to go of June holiday gain and I never lost my Florida holiday gain at all.

Still over next stone bracket but I am hoping going to the gym twice a week cc and SW combined will mean it continues to shift.

Annya - fingers crossed that Lily is ok. I think we all have down days.
But you also mentioned on your fred that you've come off your HRT - that could well be affecting your mood you know chica.

Lisa - sorry about the STS - but if ou've dropped your water intake (even for a day or two) that could be the problem.

Thanks for all the nice words - I know 3¾ lbs sounds a lot, but I had gained 2½ the week before (carb bloat) so it's really only a net loss of 1¼ lbs! But at least I'm back in range again.

PS I weight daily. Just can't break the habit. But I do now know what my body does and what it reacts to in terms of carb bloat so I don't panic too much. Except on a Sunday :D :8855:

Morning ladies. Just popping through quickly to say that Lily is home and fine - indeed hale and hearty enough to chase a rabbit in the forest this morning! All looks OK with the lump, although it was very close to her jugular vein and several other blood vessels so the vet had to be a bit careful getting it out :eek: He said it looked very much like a lipoma so he hasn't sent it off to be analysed - thankfully all seems fine....phew..........

Nine stiches in situ which will come out in 10-14 days, but she pretty much back to normal this morning and had her usual 2 mile walk after refusing to turn round and come back when I tried her at the half mile :D

Oh, and I have a confession.................... Angie next door is off on holiday so I popped rOund to her house (we have keys to each others just in case) and jumped on my scales. Well - IT SERVES ME RIGHT FOR CHEATING - I have gained 2lbs since last week. Not sure where that has come from as I wasn't too bad at all over the weekend and got in loads of walking and dancing too.

Ho-hum..... I hope this is glitch and not the start of me upping and downing again for no reason FFS!

Morning ladies. Just popping through quickly to say that Lily is home and fine - indeed hale and hearty enough to chase a rabbit in the forest this morning!

That made me laugh :) Glad she's home & ok.

When is official WI day Annya?

I am glad Lily is ok x

soooooooooo happy she is fine and lipomas are so common in older doggies! as for jumping on the scales, ignore them they may not be accurate and weighing in on different scales can mean your weight is different-go try your trusty scales for comparison if you need or just accept a punishment for doing it you monkey!! 20 star jumps, burpees and pressups lady. try not to worry

That made me laugh :) Glad she's home & ok.

When is official WI day Annya?

Official weigh in is tomorrow. As you know, Angie next door has had my scales for a while now so I don't weigh in every day (I have enough obsessions as it is and that was a REALLY unhealthy one!). However, she has been away on holiday for the past few days and I just couldn't resist nipping round there (I have keys) and jumping on - more fool me!

Ah well, if I still have a gain tomorrow, so be it: I have done everything I should have to lose but if I don't it will just be that old black magic that is my yo-yo weight loss kicking in again :rolleyes:

really pleased the pooch is ok :) thats great news, and don't worry about your weight until proper WI. drink a load of water today and see what happens tomorrow. xx

soooooooooo happy she is fine and lipomas are so common in older doggies! as for jumping on the scales, ignore them they may not be accurate and weighing in on different scales can mean your weight is different-go try your trusty scales for comparison if you need or just accept a punishment for doing it you monkey!! 20 star jumps, burpees and pressups lady. try not to worry

Problem is Felicity that they are my scales :eek: My lovely next door neighbour Angie has had them in her house for a while now with strict instructions not to let me weigh in more than once a week as I was developing a very unhealthy obsession with weighing and analysing all the time (not good for an ex-ED suffer!).

As I said to Lisa, if I have gained, there is really no reason for it, so I'll just have to take it on the chin and carry on - what else I can I do..........apart from sticking my fingers down my throat or just stopping eating altogether (just joking - I know, not funny!!!)

I am glad Lily is ok x

Thanks Latte - me too. She's cwtched on my feet under the office desk just now sighing with contentment every so often - she is soooooooo lovely :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

Problem is Felicity that they are my scales :eek: My lovely next door neighbour Angie has had them in her house for a while now with strict instructions not to let me weigh in more than once a week as I was developing a very unhealthy obsession with weighing and analysing all the time (not good for an ex-ED suffer!).

As I said to Lisa, if I have gained, there is really no reason for it, so I'll just have to take it on the chin and carry on - what else I can I do..........apart from sticking my fingers down my throat or just stopping eating altogether (just joking - I know, not funny!!!)

Ha ha I love that she won't let you weigh in more than once a week!! What a good neighbour/friend :)

I'm sure it will be different by tomorrow, if I have a sneaky look the day before it be will totally different by the next day.

LisaC said:
Charl how are you feeling today? Is WI tomorrow? :)

Hey love. Hmm not that good today, have a headache and really really hungry. Thinking maybe pmt as I feel quite bloated too despite being hungry. Hope it's not as I want a true reading of how my weeks gone without pmt weight. Feel pretty meh, and I wanna eat, thought by day 4 would be ok. I usually weigh Fridays yes but as I switched to this on Monday I might wait until monday morning for my official first weigh in. Although I am gonna go have a sneaky look now as if I've lost it's inspiration to carry on. Xx

I think the heat and humidity is playing havoc with the scales as according to mine the 2lbs loss is back on and another 1lb since Tuesday !

Back